MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, December 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 27.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Sirloin Strip

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Sirloin Strip

Postby john_titor » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:49 pm

The trailer park on top of the hill, off Badger between Park and Rimrock, intrigued me from the time I first got lost and found myself there many years ago. I asked an old Madison head about it and he mentioned it was big in the 70's. I just happened to be up there again tonight and it re-sparked my interest. What is the story with this place? From what I could gather it is not your stereotypical trailer park. I gotta think the Isthmus has covered it at some point. If not them, Stu? Anybody?
john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Sirloin Strip

Postby narcoleptish » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:45 am

A friend used to live there and it seemed like a fairly typical trailer park to me. Homes that looked cared for and pristine, all the way down to the creepy ones.

A building on that hill would probably have some great views of the lake and capitol. The area just north of there is kinda interesting. Some modest houses with huge lots, but you have that beltline "hum" that I could never live with.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Sirloin Strip

Postby john_titor » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:53 pm

That's just it, the view from the north slope of the hill. Unbelievable. I was surprised it hadn't been bought up long ago. I would think maybe the hill would block out the beltline noise. I didn't make it past the hookah bar this time.
john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Town Vibe