MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, December 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 39.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Bedsider wants to heat up events on campus

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Bedsider wants to heat up events on campus

Postby Shorty » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:38 pm

I've seen this ad posted two places at UW. Seems rather creepy. I've never heard of Bedsider. The site bedsider.org has no info about them and just gave me a browser security warning.

"If you're female, 18 to 24, outgoing, super connected, energetic, trainable, way willing to talk sexy fun with strangers, can do some cool part-time work, AND are 100% available for all three Bedsider events below, we have simply got to hook up. To apply, email your resume and a short paragraph about how you would rock and hype and heat up Bedsider events on campus. $15 an hour. jobs@bedsider.org

Oct 26: Freakfest, 6pm to 2am
Nov 9: UW vs BYU, 10am to 6pm
Nov 16: UW vs Indiana, 10 to 6pm"

P1010399l300.jpg
P1010399l300.jpg (26.44 KiB) Viewed 1325 times
Last edited by Shorty on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Bedsider wants to heat up events on campus

Postby Sandi » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:53 pm

I don't get any warning from bedsider.org but that may be because I installed FF addons "DoNotTrackMe" and "MaskMe." Keeps me safe from being tracked, and email theft.
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:51 pm

opened fine in an incognito window for me, looks like a site about birth control info.
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby john_titor » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:12 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedsider

Bedsider
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Bedsider.org (Bedsider) is a free birth control support network for women ages 18–29. The network is operated by The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy; a research based non-profit, non-partisan organization located in Washington, D.C. Launched on November 2011, its goal is to help women find the method of birth control that’s right for them and learn how to use it consistently and effectively.[1] The campaign is developed in partnership with IDEO,[2] a global innovation and design firm and Carbon Five, a development firm in San Francisco.

Bedsider provides users with tools to explore and compare all available methods of contraception, to set up birth control or appointment reminders, and to view videos of young men and women’s personal experiences with various methods of contraception. Bedsider also offers a weekly column on sex, love, and life as well as a series of animated shorts that debunk myths about birth control. In addition, Bedsider provides the latest news on contraception and allows website visitors to type in their zip code to find the closest locations that provide contraception over the counter. Bedsider is also mobile and can be used on an iPhone or an Android device.
History

On November 10, 2011, the Ad Council launched a major marketing campaign in support of the Bedsider program. The ads and PSAs created by the ad council address pressing social issues through multiple media outlets. These ads can be found on Bedsider.org, but will also be used on television and in newspapers and other publications in order to further promote Bedsider as a tool for young women around the country.[3]
Honors and Press Coverage

Bedsider has received awards for its design and layout,[4] and acceptance by media outlets such as the Associated Press[5] and CNN. Additionally, Bedsider has also garnered the support of many medical and public health groups.[6] All medical content found on Bedsider was developed with the assistance of many experts who are a part of The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy’s Medical Advisory Committee.
john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:00 am

So bedsider hires hot young women for sexy talk with (male?) strangers at college events as a way to promote birth control? Doesn't quite make sense to me. Sort of like walking down State St waving around a loaded gun as a way to promote gun control.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:15 am

Bedsider to Shorty: "Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:28 am

Pretty sure the recruitment lingo is meant to draw eyes, not describe the activities in anything but a technically accurate way. They'll be talking about sex-related stuff, and while the website's generally focused on young women, there's info aimed at dudes, too. The website's pretty frank, and funny -- for example, a slide of two people, on the verge of getting it on, with a dog staring at them. "You didn't give up on sex; don't give up on birth control."

Let's not overthink this. It's a smart awareness drive for a demographic that usually gets dealt the lamest shit thought up by people two to three times its average age.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:36 am

OK I would like to volunteer to talk with the hot young women to hear what they have to say.

Henry Vilas wrote:Bedsider to Shorty: "Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Ha ha.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:09 am

Shorty wrote:So bedsider hires hot young women for sexy talk with (male?) strangers at college events as a way to promote birth control? Doesn't quite make sense to me.

It's the same marketing scheme as using young women to market Jagermeister, Red Bull or anything else companies try sell to young inebriated men and women in the process of having a good time.
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:59 am

Henry Vilas wrote:Bedsider to Shorty: "Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Just make sure you put a rubber on it.
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:42 pm

Michael Patrick wrote:

Just make sure you put a rubber on it.

Technical term is "silencer."
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:15 pm

Ned, those are snugglers not bedsiders.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=58560&p=745662#p745662