MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, September 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 76.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

"...it's also important for me to go on with my life...

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Is George Bush a callous, arrogant, snide bastard or what?

You better believe it!
43%
Technically, he's not a bastard (I think).
35%
What?
22%

Total votes : 23

"...it's also important for me to go on with my life...

Postby True Blue » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:41 pm

"...it's also important for me to go on with my life..."
-George Bush, after taking his nap, seeing a Little League baseball game, riding his bike and avoiding talking to Cindy Sheehan, a mother who lost her son to Bush's war.

So says George Bush. Over 1800 US troops dead in his misbegotten adventure in Iraq. And he has to get on with his life. Too bad they can't.

Many tens of thousands of Iraqis dead because of Bush's dirty little war. And he has to get on with his life. Too bad they can't.

Tens of thousands of Americans and Iraqis crippled, maimed and disabled by Bush's war fought over a pack of lies. And he has to get on with his life. Too bad they're lives are changed for the worse.

This is callous arrogance of Biblical proportions.

The farging bastich.
True Blue
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:08 pm

And the Chinese are chomping at the bit, watcing us bankrupt ourselves while they build up their military and take away our industrial base.

Ned, you can thank Shrub when you're learning how to say, "thank you sir, may I have another" in Chinese* in the near future.

*I realize there are several variations of Chinese.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:18 pm

white_rabbit wrote:And the Chinese are chomping at the bit, watcing us bankrupt ourselves while they build up their military and take away our industrial base.

Ned, you can thank Shrub when you're learning how to say, "thank you sir, may I have another" in Chinese* in the near future.

*I realize there are several variations of Chinese.

How soon you forget Clinton's underhanded dealings with the Chinese. And I thought this as a thread about moving to Canada. :lol:
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby cattyr » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:12 am

I ususally try not to take Ned-bait, but wow. You are deeply disturbed.

That you would use this thread to bring in a Clinton reference shows a complete lack of class.
cattyr
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:47 am

cattyr wrote:I ususally try not to take Ned-bait, but wow. You are deeply disturbed.

That you would use this thread to bring in a Clinton reference shows a complete lack of class.

How dare I hijack this hallowed thread? :lol: Re-read the thread hon, I was responding to another poster's allegations.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby cattyr » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:55 am

I'm capable of reading.
cattyr
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:56 am

Give :roll: the idiot :lol: a break :x cattyr, he's :evil: only doing his job. :?
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Billy Shears » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:12 am

Ned Flanders wrote:[How dare I hijack this hallowed thread? Re-read the thread hon, I was responding to another poster's allegations.

Okay, as long as we're highjacked, I got a question. Ned remembers that Clinton had some dealings with the Chinese. I seem to remember something about somebody else too... what was his name... dixon, nicks, something like that... something about "only he could go to China". Isn't that where our current relationship with China began? Well, no matter.

My question is, did George forget about China and Clinton? Didn't he know what had been going on? How come he acted like all that never happened and now it's up to good ol' Ned to point out that once again, it's Clinton's fault. And he set it up so well that the current administration never saw it coming. Didn't have one clue, never made an attempt to work on that situation, during two administrations, even when he visited China in 2002. Damn. Ned, how come you didn't tell the president that Clinton had dealt with China, so he better watch his butt and not get bogged down in a long-running military operation because there were countries like China waiting for us to do just that? Was he so busy living a full life that you couldn't get ahold of him, hon?

I mean, he could have at least puked on somebody while he was there.
Billy Shears
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kdavis9999 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:23 pm

Billy Shears wrote:I seem to remember something about somebody else too... what was his name... dixon, nicks, something like that...

Oh yeah, I remember that guy. President Nick Dixon!!! He was in office my senior year of H.S. I seem to recall that he abolished the draft and got us out of Nam. I actually got to burn my draft card - legally!

KD
kdavis9999
Forum Addict

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:39 pm

kdavis9999 wrote:
Billy Shears wrote:I seem to remember something about somebody else too... what was his name... dixon, nicks, something like that...

Oh yeah, I remember that guy. President Nick Dixon!!! He was in office my senior year of H.S. I seem to recall that he abolished the draft and got us out of Nam. I actually got to burn my draft card - legally!

KD

As long as you get to burn your fucking draft card a president ignoring the constitiution of the United State of American it doesn't matter. Bravo brave patriot!
Last edited by charliedon'tsurf on Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kdavis9999 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:45 pm

Fortunately, mine was the first graduating class that didn't HAVE to go to Nam. But I remember one thing from the Nam war movies - Charlie Don't Surf!!
KD
kdavis9999
Forum Addict

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:19 pm

kdavis9999 wrote:Fortunately, mine was the first graduating class that didn't HAVE to go to Nam. But I remember one thing from the Nam war movies - Charlie Don't Surf!!
KD

Now it's 2005 and its a radio show.
charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Andy Olsen » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:03 pm

Perhaps W inherited his cold-hearted elitism from his mama. This via Think Progress from Barbara Bush:
Why should we hear about body bags, and deaths, and how many, what day it's gonna happen, and how many this or what do you suppose? Oh, I mean, it's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?
http://thinkprogress.org/2005/08/19/lik ... -like-son/

Hey, man. The hired help have hard lives and sometimes they just die. It's not like we need bother ourselves with their plight. We have to go on with oure lives.
Andy Olsen
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Headlines