MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, December 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 35.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

This drug house protected by Smith & Wesson

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

How do you protect your stash?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:15 pm

Firearm
21%
Baseball bat
14%
"I sure hope the cops don't show up anytime soon"
64%

Total votes : 14

This drug house protected by Smith & Wesson

Postby white_rabbit » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:15 pm

There are new details on the deadly home invasion in Lafayette County.

Police say the motive appears to be drug related.

And now three people are dead after the investigation into the intrusion takes a twist.

Police say early Thursday morning they responded to a report of a home invasion in the Town of Argyle.

When deputies arrived, they found two intruders who had been shot.

Both died from their injuries.

Officers then began a search of the home and found a significant amount of illegal drugs and several heavy duty longââ?¬â??barreled weapons and handguns.

When they were in the process of questioning the homeowner, 34 year old

link
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Talon Newsman » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:39 pm

So like a leftist to make light of the tragic death of a genuine 2nd Ammendment hero like Bradley Fandrich, legally defending his home.

Haven't this forum's brilliant, deep-thinking visionaries like mudduck and Ned Flanders taught you people enough of a lesson today?
Talon Newsman
Forum Addict

Re: This drug house protected by Smith & Wesson

Postby Kenneth Burns » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:05 pm

white_rabbit wrote:
There are new details on the deadly home invasion in Lafayette County.

Police say the motive appears to be drug related.

And now three people are dead after the investigation into the intrusion takes a twist.

Police say early Thursday morning they responded to a report of a home invasion in the Town of Argyle.

When deputies arrived, they found two intruders who had been shot.

Both died from their injuries.

Officers then began a search of the home and found a significant amount of illegal drugs and several heavy duty longââ?¬â??barreled weapons and handguns.

When they were in the process of questioning the homeowner, 34 year old

link

That last graf has a terrifying conclusion: "When they were in the process of questioning the homeowner, 34 year old Bradley Fandrich, he pulled out a gun and shot himself in the head." Can you imagine?
Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:44 pm

Talon Newsman wrote:So like a leftist to make light of the tragic death of a genuine 2nd Ammendment hero like Bradley Fandrich, legally defending his home.

Why did he have to defend it from himself? I'm so confused...
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:53 pm

It's sad and disgusting when an American thinks shooting himself in the head is better than dealing with cops finding drugs in his house.
The Right wants to keep us "safe" by invading our bedrooms and brains, while the Left wants to force everyone into being "safe" with public health laws----as if death isn't inevitable.
Gawdammit, where are my lawn darts?
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:41 pm

I don't know if it's a bad thing or a good thing, fair or unfair, but this Fandrich character is in many people's minds representative of people who keep guns in the house for "protection."

It wasn't a very pleasant day for the cops, who had to deal with two dead bodies and a third guy blowing his brains out right in front of them.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:12 pm

Talon Newsman wrote:So like a leftist to make light of the tragic death of a genuine 2nd Ammendment hero like Bradley Fandrich, legally defending his home.

Haven't this forum's brilliant, deep-thinking visionaries like mudduck and Ned Flanders taught you people enough of a lesson today?

No, 'loser' is not spelled h-e-r-o. Some are a bit anal about spelling.
Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:04 pm

Why would someone blow their brains out when they still had drugs laying around? The only time I feel like blowing my brains out is when I'm outta drugs.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby SombreroFallout » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:45 pm

snoqueen wrote:I don't know if it's a bad thing or a good thing, fair or unfair, but this Fandrich character is in many people's minds representative of people who keep guns in the house for "protection."

It wasn't a very pleasant day for the cops, who had to deal with two dead bodies and a third guy blowing his brains out right in front of them.

Yes, yes, by all means, pity the true victims here -- the police.

Do I really need to say it? Most gun nuts don't have anything to do with drugs. And a sound effective drug policy-- i.e., decriminalizatio -- would save a lot lives, 3 in this case.
SombreroFallout
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:31 pm

A few years back a woman in Madison killed two armed home intruders, who were after her drugs. The two homicides were ruled justifiable, although I think she was busted for the contraband. And she didn't shoot herself in the head.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby spacecase » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:55 am

Talon Newsman wrote:Haven't this forum's brilliant, deep-thinking visionaries like mudduck and Ned Flanders taught you people enough of a lesson today?

Ned? Mudduck? Which one are you?
spacecase
Forum Addict

Postby tibor » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:54 am

spacecase wrote:
Talon Newsman wrote:Haven't this forum's brilliant, deep-thinking visionaries like mudduck and Ned Flanders taught you people enough of a lesson today?

Come on spacecase. "Talon Newsman?"
tibor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:49 pm

snoqueen wrote:I don't know if it's a bad thing or a good thing, fair or unfair, but this Fandrich character is in many people's minds representative of people who keep guns in the house for "protection."

The COPS had a bad day???????????????????
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:47 pm

OK, whole bunch of people had a bad day.

I'm for decriminalization and have been for >30 years. Make that 41 years -- I first tried marijuana in college in 1965. Didn't seem like a crime then, still doesn't now.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby spacecase » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:00 pm

tibor wrote:
spacecase wrote:

Come on spacecase. "Talon Newsman?"

So...it's Ned?

Cut me some slack. I'd be concerned if I knew them too well. I just know that no one but them would sing their praises and Mudduck is the one who's famous for coming up with many stupid pseudonyms.
spacecase
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Headlines