MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, August 29, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 67.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Enemies Among Us

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Enemies Among Us

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:26 pm

Just as many of us feared, it turns out that the Utah shooter was a Muslim. The LSM, of course, won't be convering this angle of the story and they won't be connecting the dots. But a pattern of single-person (or small-group)acts of terrorism by Muslims on American soil has been occuring since at least 1993:

WTC Bombing #1
WTC #2
Shooting at El-Al counter at LAX
Plane flown into Miami building
D.C. Snipers
Seattle shooting of Jews
San Francisco shooting of Jews
SUV Attack in North Carolina

Thank goodness for the 2nd Amendment. Who knows what the body count would have been if this freak wasn't cut-down.

His religion is cloaked in the usual politically-correct hand wringing and diversion:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=892975
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:54 pm

How many psychotic shootings do you suppose have been carried out by Christians in such time, Ned, you racist twat?
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:03 pm

Klebold and Harris - Muslims
McVeigh and Nichols - Muslims
Gacy, Geen, and Speck - Muslims
Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Talon Newsman » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:11 pm

Oprah wrote:Klebold and Harris - Muslims

Excellent research, Oprah. I think most average Americans will be shocked - and awed into a reasonable level of fear - at your findings.

Your willingness to help out the conservative cause will not go unrewarded. Would you like to run FEMA for awhile?
Talon Newsman
Forum Addict

Re: Enemies Among Us

Postby Stomach » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:15 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Thank goodness for the 2nd Amendment. Who knows what the body count would have been if this freak wasn't cut-down.

It was an off duty police officer that shot him, not some Minuteman-Ted-Nugent-wannabe strutting around the mall with a pistol in his waistband.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/13/office ... index.html
Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:19 pm

Talon Newsman wrote:

Excellent research, Oprah. I think most average Americans will be shocked - and awed into a reasonable level of fear - at your findings.

Your willingness to help out the conservative cause will not go unrewarded. Would you like to run FEMA for awhile?

Yes. We need to divert all FEMA funding to the War on Terror and surveillance of Muslims who tread on American soil.

Hurricane Katrina - Muslims
Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:28 pm

Stomach wrote:It was an off duty police officer that shot him, not some Minuteman-Ted-Nugent-wannabe strutting around the mall with a pistol in his waistband.

Quit pestering our resident GOP monkey-boy with the facts, Stomach. Has he not sufficiently demonstrated they are of no use to him?

Hey, Ned, just so you know, there's typically text that follows the headline of any given article. Such content is often referred to as "the substance of the story" and it's often where you'll find the not-so-subtle nuances like the fact above that it wasn't some conceal 'n' carry mook that played the hero in this instance. It was a guy whose job is to shoot people if and when it comes to that.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:47 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:. . . they won't be connecting the dots. But a pattern of single-person (or small-group)acts of terrorism by Muslims on American soil has been occuring since at least 1993:

. . .

Dots that are better suited to your ability to connect.
Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:09 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:How many psychotic shootings do you suppose have been carried out by Christians in such time, Ned, you racist twat?

Have people who've been born Christian committed murder? Sure. Have they done it in the name of Christ? Not many.

A silly take Schick.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Helliphant » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:25 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Have people who've been born Christian committed murder? Sure. Have they done it in the name of Christ? Not many.

I can think of one right off the bat currently in the White House.

Ever heard of the Crusades? Those were a few Christians bent on wiping the infidels off the Earth via murder and torture in the name of Christ.

Silly take, Flanderses.
Helliphant
Forum Addict

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:41 pm

Helliphant wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:Have people who've been born Christian committed murder? Sure. Have they done it in the name of Christ? Not many.

I can think of one right off the bat currently in the White House.

Ever heard of the Crusades? Those were a few Christians bent on wiping the infidels off the Earth via murder and torture in the name of Christ.

Silly take, Flanderses.

Can we limit the discussion to the 20-21st centuries?

I realize that this discussion would send some here in predictable flights of delusional fantasy and bizarre attempts at moral equivalance. Why? Because your irrational hate of Christians and even your fellow Americans combined with your own self-loathing forces you blame them rather than the ones who are actually killing you.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Talon Newsman » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:33 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:
Chuck_Schick wrote:How many psychotic shootings do you suppose have been carried out by Christians in such time, Ned, you racist twat?

Have people who've been born Christian committed murder? Sure. Have they done it in the name of Christ? Not many.

Nice try, leftists. You've provided Ned with the setup for his knockout punch: Irrefutable proof that Sulejmen Talovic did this killing in the name of Allah.

Let 'em have it, Ned.
Talon Newsman
Forum Addict

Postby Helliphant » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:28 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Can we limit the discussion to the 20-21st centuries?

Sure. See Tim McVeigh, etc, etc. If you want to compare lunatic fringe acts we could find other religions (or lack thereof) besides Christianity and Islam that have been used to justify violence and murder. If you'd like me to I will. I just don't feel like wasting my time digging up links and articles you'll readily ignore or worse yet paraphrase in a shitty manner.

Ned Flanders wrote:I realize that this discussion would send some here in predictable flights of delusional fantasy and bizarre attempts at moral equivalance. Why? Because your irrational hate of Christians and even your fellow Americans combined with your own self-loathing forces you blame them rather than the ones who are actually killing you.

Let's get this straight, Ned. I don't hate Christians (though I don't give them a blanket pass in the name of Patriotism or American Imperialism). I don't hate Americans (though I really do loathe the stupid ones, God bless them all). Sometimes I hate myself, but really in the end my issues are minor compared to yours. Remind me again, who's killing me? Muslims?

When's the roundup, Heir Flanders?

What I do loathe is stupidity, and you've displayed it in spades for years on this forum, Ned. Your blanket irrational fear of all things Muslim shows you for what you really are - uninformed and quite reactional towards ideas, issues and people you don't understand.

Grow up.
Helliphant
Forum Addict

Postby lysander » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:42 pm

Ok, long story, but through no fault of my own, I watched Jay Leno with Dennis Miller last night. One of his key points (aside from how BS global warming is) was that the biggest reason he (Miller) supports Bush is that there haven't been any domestic terror attacks since 9/11. Does this count then?

The other thing I was thinking about was umm, what was his name, Eric Robert Rudolp? Or was I thinking about Benjamin Nathaniel Smith? No, no, it was Buford O. Furrow, Jr. Wait, maybe I meant Ann "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity" Coulter.

But hey, maybe Ned's right, and the biggest threat really is those darned Muslims. Because this was part of some larger jihad, not just a severely traumatized kid who went nuts with a bunch of legally purchased guns.
lysander
Forum God/Goddess

Postby berbo » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:46 am

You're betraying your bias by only listing Shia Muslims. (and its 'Gein', not Geen)

Equally heinous acts have been committed by these infamous Sunni Muslims:

Dan White
Squeaky Fromme
John Hinckley
Henry Kissinger
berbo
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Headlines