MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, December 17, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 21.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Conspiracy to hide virus lung cancer role

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Conspiracy to hide virus lung cancer role

Postby Carol » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:16 pm

fisticuffs wrote:Sheppy? If it is it's definitely his best work.

I get it. Carol has HPV and doesn't want to quit smoking. So she creates a whole reality around how it's not the smoking that's the problem but the HPV.

No, your scumbag kind have created an entire research agenda around the goal of blaming smoking for everything. And that's why you have so little progress to report. Cancer research controlled by fucktards, for fucktards!
Carol
Forum Addict

Postby O.J. » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:17 pm

Carol, you ignorant slut.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:23 pm

No, your scumbag kind have created an entire research agenda around the goal of blaming smoking for everything.

I can assure you I've done no research outside of smoking for 15 years and recently quitting and feeling much better for it. For all your bluster anti-smoking isn't just about cancer. Please smoke yourself to death you fucking pyscho. Just don't take anyone else down with you (I'm not referring to secondhand smoke. I honestly believe you are capable of violence.)
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Carol » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:32 pm

fisticuffs wrote:
No, your scumbag kind have created an entire research agenda around the goal of blaming smoking for everything.

I can assure you I've done no research outside of smoking for 15 years and recently quitting and feeling much better for it. For all your bluster anti-smoking isn't just about cancer. Please smoke yourself to death you fucking pyscho. Just don't take anyone else down with you (I'm not referring to secondhand smoke. I honestly believe you are capable of violence.)

Your ilk are exactly the kind of scumbags who'd commit perjury and frame me so that you can lock me up to censor dissent.
Carol
Forum Addict

Postby ilikebeans » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:40 pm

Sweet, sweet Carol,

How nice of you to call some very fine people on this board some very vicious names for the crime of daring to disagree and point out the inconsistencies with your erroneous, contradictory, and flat-out wrong conspiracy theories.

To honor your exemplary behavior, the National Alliance on Mental Illness now has $35 they didn't before, contributed in your name. (Thanks for the idea, holyghost.)

Truly, you are a peach among women to inspire me in this way.

xxxooo,
ilikebeans

P.S. Get help now.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Carol » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:11 pm

And not one of you fucktards is capable is discussing the issue at hand. Smears, abuse and personal attacks are the ONLY things you're capable of.
Carol
Forum Addict

Postby scratch » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:39 pm

Carol wrote:And not one of you fucktards is capable is discussing the issue at hand. Smears, abuse and personal attacks are the ONLY things you're capable of.

Just trying to emulate you, fucktard bitch troll.

But an exemplary fucktard bitch troll.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Carol, can you back me up on my firmly held belief that the moon landing was faked? I need someone with moxie like you that can get past the petty fact-based arguments and get to the meaty name calling that this issue squarely deserves.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:40 pm

rrnate wrote:Carol, can you back me up on my firmly held belief that the moon landing was faked? I need someone with moxie like you that can get past the petty fact-based arguments and get to the meaty name calling that this issue squarely deserves.

You rotten Nazi, charlatan, liar.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Carol » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:09 pm

butters wrote:
Carol wrote:YOU obviously think you can snow people by focusing on minutiae, in order to evade the fact that viruses which are implicated in lung cancer activate this pathway. And you haven't suggested anything else which could be doing it, in particular, not smoking. It wouldn't make sense to have a test for PI13K activation if smoking automatically activated it, now would it?

A long list of things that also activate this pathway is not minutiae; it is the opposite of minutiae. I didn't evade the ability of viruses to activate PI3K at all. I clearly stated that bacteria and viruses can stimulate this pathway and mentioned that i have measured the activation myself. That is not evasion, that is admission.

You seem to lack an understanding of the mechanism by which smoking can cause PI3K activation. Smoke doesn't stimulate it directly (i don't think). But the carcinogens in cigarette smoke can sometimes cause mutations in genes that encode for signaling proteins that can activate it, or the mutation(s) may encode proteins involved in other signaling pathways not involving PI3K, but either can potentially lead to uncontrolled cell growth. For instance, a mutation in the EGF receptor can constitutively turn on its intrinsic tyrosine kinase, which in turn could continuously activate the PI3K kinase pathway (among others effects) leading to cell transformation and uncontrolled cell growth. This is a well-known textbook mechanism for cancer formation in lung cells.

Carcinogen-->mutation in gene for signaling protein-->cell growth pathway not regulated properly-->pathway turned on (or off)-->signal translated to instruct cell to divide-->signal still on-->cell divides-->and so on...

Does this make any sense?

Here's why your story is unlikely.

"PIK3CA gene expression was confirmed by quantitative reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction in seven HPV(+) and seven HPV(-) primary HNSCCs. PIK3CA mutation status in three HPV(+) and nine HPV(-) cell lines was determined by polymerase chain reaction amplification of hot spot exons (1, 9, 20) followed by direct sequencing. RESULTS: PIK3CA was overexpressed in HPV(+)-associated HNSCC compared with the expression in HPV(-) HNSCC. Activation of PIK3CA by mutation was found in 1 of the 12 tested HNSCC cell lines. CONCLUSION: Activation of PI3K by mutation of PIK3CA is rare in HNSCC cell lines and was not found in three HPV(+) cell lines. One mechanism by which HPV-associated HNSCC might activate PI3K is increased expression of PIK3CA." (Phosphoinositide kinase-3 status associated with presence or absence of human papillomavirus in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas. Yarbrough WG, Whigham A, Brown B, Roach M, Slebos R. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007;69(2 Suppl):S98-101.)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17848307
Carol
Forum Addict

Postby Average Joe » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:01 pm

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Carol » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:03 pm

Carol wrote:And not one of you fucktards is capable is discussing the issue at hand. Smears, abuse and personal attacks are the ONLY things you're capable of.

And, your ilk are exactly the kind of scumbags who'd commit perjury and frame me so that you can lock me up to censor dissent.
Carol
Forum Addict

Postby Uncle_Leaver » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:32 pm

Carol wrote:

And, your ilk are exactly the kind of scumbags who'd commit perjury and frame me so that you can lock me up to censor dissent.

I don't really have a comment here. I just wanted to quote this before Carol realizes she's arguing with one of the numerous voices that follow her around through her daily life and decides to cover her tracks. (To say nothing of the fact she's repeating herself in what must be some sort of bipolar echolalial spasm.)

Seriously, Carol, get out of the iron lung and seek help. I know the pharmaceutical industry has probably been plotting against you for decades, but maybe try shock therapy. Failing that, take some fish oil ... vitamin D ... some fuckin' thing.
Uncle_Leaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:51 am

Carol wrote:

So "Carol" replied to her own abuse with the (nearly) exact same text as a previous post of hers.

I call shenanigans. Either that, or the meteor I saw tonight is her ride home.

Carol, don't keep the meter running! Go towards the light!
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:28 pm

The USA should ban tobacco smoking like Bhutan is doing. Then we could all breathe free anywhere and cancer care costs would be reduced.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_bhutan_smoking
"Bhutan police can raid homes of smokers in a search for contraband tobacco and are training a special tobacco sniffer dog in a crackdown to honor a promise to become the world's first smoke-free nation."
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines