MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, January 30, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 19.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Smoking Banned in Parks, at Beaches

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Smoking Banned in Parks, at Beaches

Postby Carol » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:25 am

PopeyeTheSailorman wrote:It should be illegal to expose children to second hand smoke. Parents who smoke in the presence of their children should have their children taken from them by the state until the parents can prove that they have stopped smoking.


All children should be taught that the anti-smokers deliberately commit scientific fraud by using studies based on lifestyle questionnaires that ignore the role of infection. Poorer people are more likely to have been exposed to these infections, so their bogus studies are designed to give the privileged a pretext for war of cultural genocide against the poor. This pseudo-science was originally invented in Nazi Germany, and the American Cancer Society and its axis enthusiastically embraced it and have used it for its intended purpose ever since. And teach them that the anti-smokers destroyed democracy by censoring the media and preventing informed smokers' advocates from refuting their lies, and that's how they got their smoking bans passed.
Carol
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Smoking Banned in Parks, at Beaches

Postby Woofer » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:06 am

Um, OK, Moderator? Hasn't this gone on long enough? The function of the forum to promote freedom of expression has undoubtedly been fulfilled over all the pages of this thread. At some point, don't we have to concede that the function of the forum is not to indulge the expression of chronic and relentless paranoid fantasies?

Oh sweet Jesus, now there's a NEW thread?!?!
Woofer
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:33 am

Re: Smoking Banned in Parks, at Beaches

Postby scratch » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:13 am

Carol wrote:You have no right to interfere with other peoples' liberty just because you don't like it.


Neither do you, which is why you have no inalienable right to fire up your tobacco fix in my presence.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:00 pm
Location: Dane County

Re: Smoking Banned in Parks, at Beaches

Postby Stu Levitan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:21 pm

Just got back from Sarasota, FL, where the democratically elected County Commissioners in this Republican state and county have vote in open session to ban smoking in the public areas of their beaches.
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3319
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:40 pm
Location: Studio B of the historic Abernathy Building

Re: Smoking Banned in Parks, at Beaches

Postby PopeyeTheSailorman » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Stu Levitan wrote:Just got back from Sarasota, FL, where the democratically elected County Commissioners in this Republican state and county have vote in open session to ban smoking in the public areas of their beaches.



that loud explosion you just heard was Mister Blue's head exploding.
PopeyeTheSailorman
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:06 pm
Location: 1348 Spaight Street Madison Wisconsin

Re: Smoking Banned in Parks, at Beaches

Postby green union terrace chair » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:15 pm

Carol wrote:
PopeyeTheSailorman wrote:It should be illegal to expose children to second hand smoke. Parents who smoke in the presence of their children should have their children taken from them by the state until the parents can prove that they have stopped smoking.


All children should be taught that the anti-smokers deliberately commit scientific fraud by using studies based on lifestyle questionnaires that ignore the role of infection. Poorer people are more likely to have been exposed to these infections, so their bogus studies are designed to give the privileged a pretext for war of cultural genocide against the poor. This pseudo-science was originally invented in Nazi Germany, and the American Cancer Society and its axis enthusiastically embraced it and have used it for its intended purpose ever since. And teach them that the anti-smokers destroyed democracy by censoring the media and preventing informed smokers' advocates from refuting their lies, and that's how they got their smoking bans passed.


Worst kindergarten teacher ever.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2914
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Memorial Union

Re: Smoking Banned in Parks, at Beaches

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:19 pm

green union terrace chair wrote:
Carol wrote:
PopeyeTheSailorman wrote:It should be illegal to expose children to second hand smoke. Parents who smoke in the presence of their children should have their children taken from them by the state until the parents can prove that they have stopped smoking.


All children should be taught that the anti-smokers deliberately commit scientific fraud by using studies based on lifestyle questionnaires that ignore the role of infection. Poorer people are more likely to have been exposed to these infections, so their bogus studies are designed to give the privileged a pretext for war of cultural genocide against the poor. This pseudo-science was originally invented in Nazi Germany, and the American Cancer Society and its axis enthusiastically embraced it and have used it for its intended purpose ever since. And teach them that the anti-smokers destroyed democracy by censoring the media and preventing informed smokers' advocates from refuting their lies, and that's how they got their smoking bans passed.


Worst kindergarten teacher ever.


I think we should give every kid a cigarette with their cafeteria lunches. We should also make a designated smoking room in every grade school. Let's set these kids on the right path. We could even give them the option for a menthol or a regular. No light cigarettes cause that makes them look like a bunch of pussies.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 5256
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:59 pm

Re: Smoking Banned in Parks, at Beaches

Postby Some Guy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:54 am

Its all good motherfucker, Scott Walker lets us smoke in his office!

The GOP is going to be honoring Stu "motherfucker" Levitan for all of his hard work in making the Left so unpalatable to the voters. Thanks a lot motherfucker! Ron Johnson sends his love!!


Just kidding - or was I?
Some Guy
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:35 am

Re: Smoking Banned in Parks, at Beaches

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Some Guy wrote:Its all good motherfucker, Scott Walker lets us smoke in his office!

You said you were going to ask him to raise the miserable salaries of state file clerk? Did you? If so, what was his response?

Or were you just lying (again)?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 20399
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all

Re: Smoking Banned in Parks, at Beaches

Postby Some Guy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:24 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Some Guy wrote:Its all good motherfucker, Scott Walker lets us smoke in his office!

You said you were going to ask him to raise the miserable salaries of state file clerk? Did you? If so, what was his response?

Or were you just lying (again)?



Still stalking me, huh? Still making false accusations too.

What the hell, I'll play - your ever increasing level of pathetic is amusing.

I never said that I was going to see the Governor or ask him anything.

There is no state position of "file clerk", however there are various office support possitions that are "file clerk type jobs". You contended that those jobs pay $20,000 per year. In fact, they start at $27,000.
Some Guy
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:35 am

Re: Smoking Banned in Parks, at Beaches

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:44 pm

Then what did you mean by this?

Some Guy wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:
Some Guy wrote:Well then maybe that needs to be offset by increasing that file clerk's actual wages.

Any chance in hell your Republican buddies would do that?



I'll talk to them about it when I see them on Monday.


Quibble away.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 20399
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all

Previous

Return to Headlines

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR
Created with flickr badge.

cron
Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar