MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, September 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 56.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Klimate Kooks Korrekt

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Klimate Kooks Korrekt

Postby kurt_w » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:47 pm

Who the hell is "Thorne" and why should we care what she/he says?

Flanders lost the argument, so he decided to get revenge by spamming the thread with meaningless crap. Wow, that's never happened before.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 5083
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:11 pm

Re: Klimate Kooks Korrekt

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:49 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:It's simply adorable how Ned thinks repeatedly quoting a scientist who agrees that political spin should not influence the reporting of data is somehow a slam dunk for his team, instead of for the team that actually values discussion, dissension, and the scientific process.

The fact that it's happening and this guy admits it is about as devistating as it gets.

But don't worry, the LSM won't even sniff this.

These people aren't scientists. They're politically-motivated funding whores.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 13275
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 2:48 pm

Re: Klimate Kooks Korrekt

Postby Talon Newsman » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:52 pm

kurt_w wrote:Flanders lost the argument, so he decided to get revenge by spamming the thread with meaningless crap. Wow, that's never happened before.

Well, if you wouldn't be so smug about it, by being so calm and rational as you dismantle his claims, he wouldn't get so screechy.

It's your fault, leftist.
Talon Newsman
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Klimate Kooks Korrekt

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:54 pm

This is the dumbest of all right wing beliefs. That 98ish% of the scientist in the world are paid liberal hacks and the 2% owned by the oil companies are the ones telling the truth. It's not worth pages of argument, especially with Ned. If you don't believe in man made global warming you're wrong. End of story. Let Ned and the other neanderthals buy up all the coastal property and float off into the ocean for all I care.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 7799
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison

Re: Klimate Kooks Korrekt

Postby DCB » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:54 pm

kurt_w wrote:Are there any movie franchises where the original was a dud but the sequel turned out to be interesting?

I'm having trouble thinking of any, but maybe it's just me.

"Alien" wasn't a dud, but "Aliens" totally kicked ass.

A good parallel would be "Troll 2" - it has has a cult following. Its not more stupid than the original, because there was no original!
DCB
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2648
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: Klimate Kooks Korrekt

Postby kurt_w » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:59 pm

DCB wrote:
kurt_w wrote:Are there any movie franchises where the original was a dud but the sequel turned out to be interesting?

I'm having trouble thinking of any, but maybe it's just me.

"Alien" wasn't a dud, but "Aliens" totally kicked ass.


Maybe it's something about the science-fiction genre. Empire Strikes Back was better than the original Star Wars, and Wrath of Khan was much better than the first Star Trek movie.

But in none of those cases was the original a dud...
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 5083
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:11 pm

Re: Klimate Kooks Korrekt

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:01 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:<3066> Thorne:

"I also think the science is being manipulated to put a political spin on it
which for all our sakes might not be too clever in the long run."


No, I think the majority of conservatives like yourself don't believe in the science of things because it goes against religious doctrine. It may seem like a long time since the church banned Galileo's works, but we've got a similar mentality. Sure, the church isn't in control, but if many conservatives had it there way, it would be and we'd be booting these dipshit scientists out of this country faster than they can say blasphemy.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 4840
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:59 pm

Re: Klimate Kooks Korrekt

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:05 pm

fisticuffs wrote:This is the dumbest of all right wing beliefs. That 98ish% of the scientist in the world are paid liberal hacks and the 2% owned by the oil companies are the ones telling the truth. It's not worth pages of argument, especially with Ned. If you don't believe in man made global warming you're wrong. End of story. Let Ned and the other neanderthals buy up all the coastal property and float off into the ocean for all I care.

Great. Again, since you all agree, get to those rustic cabins toot-sweet. Time's a wastin'!

I'll spend my time at my favorite non-sinking toney East Coast barrier island. Have I mentioned that I've been visiting for decades, since childhood, and it's the same size as its always been? Yep. Hard by the mean 'ol Atlantic Ocean, prolly 5 feet above sea level at its highest and just the same size as it ever was! Must be the lord's work, huh?

The lord saved my toney barrier island from our sick mother and her man-made fever!

Praise be!
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 13275
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 2:48 pm

Re: Klimate Kooks Korrekt

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:06 pm

I really don't like Gremlins much at all, but I think Gremlins 2 is hilarious.

Ned Flanders wrote:These people aren't scientists.


Question for ya, Ned:
Who are the scientists.
And be specific. Name names.
Cause those of us who actually know something -- anything -- about science could rattle off a few dozen names of some fairly prominent ones, no problem. Who you got?
(Oh, and I can see that you're still on the forum, so if it takes you more than 10 minutes or so to reply I'll assume you had to Google it, so think fast, please!)
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 8867
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2002 6:35 pm

Re: Klimate Kooks Korrekt

Postby DCB » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:20 pm


Look, if you want to buy into this hysterical 'crisis', knock yourself out. Spend your free time at MSP manning the X-ray machines if you think its important.

But don't go bankrupting the entire country with an oversized 'homeland security' apparatus just to divert profits to the military-industrial complex. I don't see why the rest of America should surrender its freedoms for your imaginary 'Islamo-terrorism' scare.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2648
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: Klimate Kooks Korrekt

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:I really don't like Gremlins much at all, but I think Gremlins 2 is hilarious.

Ned Flanders wrote:These people aren't scientists.


Question for ya, Ned:
Who are the scientists.
And be specific. Name names.
Cause those of us who actually know something -- anything -- about science could rattle off a few dozen names of some fairly prominent ones, no problem. Who you got?
(Oh, and I can see that you're still on the forum, so if it takes you more than 10 minutes or so to reply I'll assume you had to Google it, so think fast, please!)


Oh, sorry. Had to free willy. Talk about rising sea levels...

I can tell you who aren't scientists. Those who continue to get caught strategizing and manipulating data in order to sell the results for their own gain. Those who label what might very well be natural fluctuations in temperature a "crisis" to further an agenda. Sounds like the current crop of phonies that are leading the Warmist agenda from East Anglia, NASA and Penn State.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 13275
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 2:48 pm

Re: Klimate Kooks Korrekt

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:29 pm

So you got nothin'.

No surprise, but fun to watch you fail nonetheless.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 8867
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2002 6:35 pm

Re: Klimate Kooks Korrekt

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:31 pm

Ned, please explain why the U.S. Navy is worried about global warming. Your spin on this should be interesting.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 19873
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all

Re: Klimate Kooks Korrekt

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:33 pm

Ned Flanders wrote: Those who label what might very well be natural fluctuations in temperature a "crisis" to further an agenda.


The health and well being of a society as a whole and not just one political party, or another or one religion over another.

What's the agenda of the religious right to deny scientific evidence? Looks like you won't touch this one cause you can't deny it.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 4840
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:59 pm

Re: Klimate Kooks Korrekt

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:39 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Ned, please explain why the U.S. Navy is worried about global warming. Your spin on this should be interesting.


Can't wait to see that submarine base in Omaha!
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 13275
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 2:48 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar