MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, August 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 70.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Jesse Jackson

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Jesse Jackson

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:04 pm

workboy7 wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Plagerism. It's unethical to pass off other's words as your own. Quote and cite.

I'm sorry; I didn't realize what an ethical body I was dealing with.

If you want to disregard ethics, so be it. But there is also the law concerning fair use.

Quibble away, if you must.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby workboy7 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:19 pm

OK, it's one of those conversations now. I'm not sure why you're taking this so personally Henry, or what was said in past posts that has you so grinding against me.

Henry Vilas wrote:If you want to disregard ethics, so be it. But there is also the law concerning fair use.

Quibble away, if you must.

You have recently accused me of being racist, homophobic, republican, and now, a law-skirting plagerist.

I've been on this forum for years, and see how little posting I've done? You, and others like you are why this isn't a much better community conversation.

I enjoy both quibble and banter,and personal attacks don't make me teary, but at least make an effort to address the topic before insulting the topic or the poster.
workboy7
Forum Addict

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:30 pm

Hey, slow down. It's not about me. More likely it's about you.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby workboy7 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:34 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Hey, slow down. It's not about me.

Ok Henry...your attacks on me are noted....let this moronic forum show I tried to reach out to you.
workboy7
Forum Addict

Postby rabble » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:39 pm

workboy7 wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Hey, slow down. It's not about me.

Ok Henry...your attacks on me are noted....let this moronic forum show I tried to reach out to you.

Oh yeah. You cute little compromiser you. The tenderness and love just rolls off your back.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Oh, come on people! Do a little reading about Jackson and his history of shaking down companies and steering the rewards to friends and family. In 1981 he shakes down Coca Cola, wins concessions of distributorships specifically for blacks, the very first of whom is who? Jesse's half brother Noah Robinson. Similar stuff happens to KFC's parent company resulting in franchises for the same guy. Jackson shakes down NASCAR because there aren't any black drivers. I'd like to know how many black drivers even wanted to be part of that scene.

Read about his wonderful work as presidential special envoy to Africa under Clinton.

I'm sure he's helped some people, but nobody more than his inner circle of friends and family. He's a con man, plain and simple, and having him here acting like he gives a shit about the working people of Wisconsin is just a farce.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:30 pm

narcoleptish wrote:Oh, come on people!
Eeew!
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby workboy7 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:54 pm

Narcoleptish is right on what I was originally commenting about. The Reverend's actions over the decades include enough examples of immoral, if not illegal, actions to make me question his motives. It's not as if he was in Madison on behalf of any group he is aligned with, or he was asked to attend. I saw his speech at East, and I wasn't impressed. I'd bet a dollar that in his 20 minute long rambled assembly of hot button talking points, he forgot what state he was in at least twice. He has no concern for Madison or its political issues, but boy he loves the cameras!
workboy7
Forum Addict

Postby guitarsan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:27 am

Jesse jackson will go down in the history books while most of the rest of
you will be forgotten by your own grandchildren.
guitarsan

Postby narcoleptish » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:18 pm

Lots of shitbags make it into the history books. Charles Taylor will be written about, maybe with some mention of how Jackson helped him stay in power.

Maybe your grandkids forgot your phone number.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby workboy7 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:19 pm

guitarsan wrote:Jesse jackson will go down in the history books while most of the rest of
you will be forgotten by your own grandchildren.

What an odd first post. What about Jesse makes you feel strongly enough to reply?
workboy7
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Headlines