MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, December 18, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 18.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Breitbart dead at 43

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Breitbart dead at 43

Postby jjoyce » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:24 pm

Let's just say it's true that corporate media conspired with Democrats to elect Barack Obama. For what reason, exactly? To bail out the banks? Didn't Bush do that? Would McCain have handled it differently? Health care? Detroit?

If McCain had won in 2008 (there would have been your conspiracy, considering how the country viewed Republicans at the time and the horrible mismanagement of an American hero's image), there would have been no Breitbart and no tea party. Suggesting that his crusade was a media thing instead of just a brass-knuckle strategy to elect Republicans indicates either you think your audience is stupid or you're gullible. Breitbart was Limbaugh 2.0, re-engineered to appeal to social media savvy Gen X/Gen Y. I'm not saying he wasn't smart or even right (as in correct), but he was a foot soldier for Republicans, not for media reform or whatever. Ideology was irrelevant to him. It was about scoring hits against Dems.

I think you either got Breitbart or you didn't. If you hate Democrats, you probably got him. He helped push this idea that the establishment left (unions, women's advocates, etc.) is self-interested to the point of corruption, while the establishment right (conservative Christians, corporations, hedge funds) is just a bunch of patriots.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:43 pm

jjoyce wrote:Let's just say it's true that corporate media conspired with Democrats to elect Barack Obama. For what reason, exactly?

Gee, ideology? Hopey-changey-lovie-dovie bs? 95% of the LSM's "reporters" are Democrats.

Is it really that difficult?
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:43 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Well, gee, the damage was done in 2004, now wasn't it?
And oh, what damage he hath wrought! Why, if it weren't for ol' Dan, John Kerry never would have been elected.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:
jjoyce wrote:Let's just say it's true that corporate media conspired with Democrats to elect Barack Obama. For what reason, exactly?

Gee, ideology? Hopey-changey-lovie-dovie bs? 95% of the LSM's "reporters" are Democrats.

I'm not sure that fits with your narrative. Do reporters root for a good story? Probably. But Breitbart's conspiracy theories (big journalism, after all) suggested much more than ground level support.

95% of reporters are Democrats? That's not even true in Madison!
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:09 pm

Take it easy on ole Neddily. He's clearly mourning the lose of his fellow skeezbucket.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:30 pm

jjoyce wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:

I'm not sure that fits with your narrative. Do reporters root for a good story? Probably. But Breitbart's conspiracy theories (big journalism, after all) suggested much more than ground level support.

Oh Joycie old boy, how many of your reporters are Republicans? How about general Isthmus staff? Just a pecentage guesstimate.

This should be fun.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:58 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:
jjoyce wrote:95% of reporters are Democrats? That's not even true in Madison!

Oh Joycie old boy, how many of your reporters are Republicans?

Ah, there we go; if you're not a Democrat, you MUST be a Republican. Black and white. Night and day.

So, Ned, you ignored the forum for nearly a week then vomited 11 posts just today. Did the RNC count leap year wrong and make your monthly quota deadline today? Or did you really have that much of a hardon for Breitbart?
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:09 pm

Just a little homage to Breitbart. I can't really figure out why he had heart problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4od4QQV ... r_embedded
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:19 pm

See, when the "Joycie" stuff comes out, I know we're dealing with Angry Ned, and I'm not as enthusiastic about playing along. It's that time of the night where I excuse myself from the bar to use the restroom, but just keep walking out the back door and head home.

I get that these are shitty days for goopers, I really do. The economy is improving (even though it doesn't "feel like it") and Mitt Romney is staggering toward the nomination, even though he still can't put away bright lights like Santorum and Gingrich. Worst of all, there doesn't seem to be nearly as much moderate buy-in as you once thought for the brazenly pro-corporate policies of Scott Walker and others.

As it turns out, maybe the right didn't actually benefit from Walker's aggressive grab for power or, in the case of Breitbart, a harsh and unrelenting attack dog. Maybe all that accomplished was making the president and other Democrats look like reasonable moderates.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:49 pm

jjoyce wrote:See, when the "Joycie" stuff comes out, I know we're dealing with Angry Ned, and I'm not as enthusiastic about playing along. It's that time of the night where I excuse myself from the bar to use the restroom, but just keep walking out the back door and head home.

I get that these are shitty days for goopers, I really do. The economy is improving (even though it doesn't "feel like it") and Mitt Romney is staggering toward the nomination, even though he still can't put away bright lights like Santorum and Gingrich. Worst of all, there doesn't seem to be nearly as much moderate buy-in as you once thought for the brazenly pro-corporate policies of Scott Walker and others.

As it turns out, maybe the right didn't actually benefit from Walker's aggressive grab for power or, in the case of Breitbart, a harsh and unrelenting attack dog. Maybe all that accomplished was making the president and other Democrats look like reasonable moderates.

Are you kidding? I'm happy as a clam. And since you won't answer my question about Isthmus staff, I'll look into the Magic 8 Ball and deliver the answer.

Ready for it?

Zero. Point. Zero.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:And since you won't answer my question about Isthmus staff...

And since you won't answer my question about your quota, I'll just go ahead and assume that both the RNC can't count AND you had a rager for the screamin' bag o' douche that was Breitbart. My condolences to your junk.

But you're already on your way home from Gooper Central, so we'll just call this another abandoned thread.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:22 pm

I don't see how the number of Democrats working for the Isthmus has anything to do with the fact that Andrew Breitbart was a shameless liar, racist and propagandist. And frankly, I could give a shit if Ned Flanders or anyone else thinks that's an insenstive thing to say on the day of a man's death. The world is a better place without Andrew Breitbart in it. Period.

Andrew Breitbart's vicious lies cost countless innocent people their jobs and reputations, from Shirley Sherrod to perhaps thousands of people at ACORN. If you could make a reasonable argument that Breitbart didn't realize that he was peddling lies and propaganda, I'd be willing to apologize, but not only did he realize what he was doing, he carefully crafted the propaganda himself.

I sincerely hope that as he lay there on the sidewalk dying he was lucid enough to think, "crap, I spent my life spreading lies for money and now I won't even get to spend it."
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby SombreroFallout » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:35 pm

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2009/ ... ?mobile=nc

Early this morning, news broke that Sen. Ted Kennedy had passed away after serving in the U.S. Senate for nearly 50 years. Soon after, conservative commentator Andrew Breitbart began a sustained assault on Kennedy’s memory, tweeting “Rest in Chappaquiddick.”

Over the course of the next three hours, Breitbart unapologetically attacked Kennedy, calling him a “villain,” “a big ass motherf@#$er,” a “duplicitous bastard” and a “prick.” “I’ll shut my mouth for Carter. That’s just politics. Kennedy was a special pile of human excrement,” wrote Breitbart in one tweet.

When a fellow conservative tweeted to Breitbart asking him not to treat Kennedy like they believe some on the left treated the passing of Tony Snow and Ronald Reagan, Breitbart responded “How dare you compare Snow & Reagan to Kennedy! Why do you grant a BULLY special status upon his death? This isnt lib v con.” Despite his claim that his attacks weren’t about “lib v. con,” Breitbart repeatedly justified them in ideological terms.

“Look, this man was granted absolution for nothing. Class, life station played a part but PARTY was everything. GOP couldnt get away with it,” complained Breitbart in one tweet. “IF a GOP possesses 1/100 of human failings of T. Kennedy he/she is TOAST,” he claimed in another. “In this moment I cant but recognize absolute backwardness of media & society. Bush=EVIL. Ted Kennedy=SAINT. Im gonna keep fighin’, folks,” Breitbart said in another tweet.
SombreroFallout
Forum God/Goddess

Postby indycoyote » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:30 am

Breitbart is still dead. So is Whitney Houston. There MUST be a conspiracy between the blacks and jews that is keeping these two icons dead. Look for Drudge and Ned to release the videos soon. Obummer must be stopped. Andrew gave his life for this. How dare Obummer entertains in the White House right after Whitney passes. Limbaugh knows the real score. Open casket anyone?
indycoyote
Forum Addict

Postby Huckleby » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:34 pm

Andrew Breitbart: Death of a Douche

The day Ted Kennedy passed on, Breitbart responded with vicious and funny jibes on twitter. I think it's OK to dance on Breitbart's grave, he lived by the sword and deserves to die by it. When Chavez dies down in old Venezula, I doubt the right wingers will be writing respectful eulogies, "Well, he meant well, and genuinely cared about the poor."
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines