MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, December 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 36.0° F  Light Rain Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

The Trayvon Martin & George Zimmerman Story

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: The Trayvon Martin & George Zimmerman Story

Postby Rich Schultz » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:34 pm

Remember_Me wrote:
George Zimmerman, who has been in hiding since he was acquitted of murder in the death of Trayvon Martin, emerged to help rescue someone who was trapped in an overturned truck, police said today.

Sanford Police Department Capt. Jim McAuliffe told ABC News that Zimmerman "pulled an individual from a truck that had rolled over" at the intersection of a Florida highway last week. Florida Highway Patrol is now handling the case, McAuliffe said.

The crash occurred at the intersection of I-4 and route 417, police said.

Link

First the Not Guilty verdict, then Rachel "Dee Dee" Jeantel opines Trayvon "hit first" now this. Haters, the Force is not with you.
Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Clearly a staged crash set up by the KKK.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:48 pm

Remember_Me wrote:
George Zimmerman, who has been in hiding since he was acquitted of murder in the death of Trayvon Martin, emerged to help rescue someone who was trapped in an overturned truck, police said today.

Sanford Police Department Capt. Jim McAuliffe told ABC News that Zimmerman "pulled an individual from a truck that had rolled over" at the intersection of a Florida highway last week. Florida Highway Patrol is now handling the case, McAuliffe said.

The crash occurred at the intersection of I-4 and route 417, police said.

Link

So he's been "hiding" less than a mile from where he shot and killed that teenager? He just may be as weak and stupid as his attorney's made him out to be.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:05 pm

Or maybe trash talking race hustlers aren't that scary.

"Today's black leadership pretty much lives off the fumes of moral authority that linger from its glory days in the 1950s and '60s. The Zimmerman verdict lets us see this and feel a little embarrassed for them. Consider the pathos of a leadership that once transformed the nation now lusting for the conviction of the contrite and mortified George Zimmerman, as if a stint in prison for him would somehow assure more peace and security for black teenagers everywhere."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324448104578618681599902640.html
Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby peripat » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:30 pm

Actually, while I understand that in your mind there is nothing more important than running down 'black leaders' and keeping black people off the streets, away from public places and out of the media, I am quite sure that a jail sentence for George Zimmerman would have resulted in more peace and security for black teenagers anywhere in these United States. (I wouldn't agree with everywhere- a good part of the western world is less racist than we are)
peripat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:00 pm

You might want to address your complaint to the author Professor Shelby Steele who I bet knows more about being Black in America than you do.
Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:05 pm

Rich Schultz wrote: First the Not Guilty verdict, then Rachel "Dee Dee" Jeantel opines Trayvon "hit first" now this. Haters, the Force is not with you.

It's unknown who threw the first punch, but I always guessed it was Trayvon, standing his ground against what he thought was a threat.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:46 pm

Rich Schultz wrote:First the Not Guilty verdict, then Rachel "Dee Dee" Jeantel opines Trayvon "hit first" now this. Haters, the Force is not with you.

Shit, someone get that man a cape, he can gun down innocent teens and save people from being upside down in their SUV. Now if only he wasn't a complete candyass in a fist fight Marvel might make him into a comic book
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GordonFreeman » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Unless there are roll-overs all over the state of FL all the time, that is one hell of a coincident. I don't even think I've ever even seen a roll-over in my entire life. I'm calling shenanigans.

He paid them to crash or one of his buddies pulled in front of them and slammed on the brakes.
GordonFreeman

Postby Detritus » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:14 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Clearly a staged crash set up by the KKK.

Oh, you got an inside tip, did you?
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:54 pm

SANFORD, Fla. (CBS Tampa) — George Zimmerman helped save the lives of a family of four that were involved in a single-car accident.

According to a Seminole County Sheriff’s Office report, the family was driving in a Ford Explorer SUV when it went off the road and rolled over in Sanford last week.

A responding deputy reported that when he arrived Zimmerman and another man helped the two parents and two children out of the vehicle
http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2013/07/22/zi ... d-vehicle/
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:57 pm

What would have happened if Zimmerman had stayed in his truck?
Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Rich Schultz wrote:What would have happened if Zimmerman had stayed in his truck?
Like the police dispatcher told him to, you mean? → One less vigilante murder.
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:04 am

Donald wrote:George Zimmerman will experience the consequences of his conduct as well. No, he won't spend any time in prison, but his dream of being a police officer will never come to be. That dream died with the exsanguination of Trayvon Martin. He will have a lifetime of night times to contemplate how his life would be different if he had not acted in such a rash manner.

Maybe he will take a redemptive path, learning from the consequences of his conduct and becoming someone who helps others see racism and violence in themselves to help them overcome it. If he did something redemptive with his life, he would gain some honor and admiration, even if it will still be hard to forget his transgressions.

I suspect the redemptive path is not a path that the right wing would want him to take. The righties here seem to see nothing wrong with Zimmerman's behavior, which means they probably wouldn't mind him getting his gun back and shooting another innocent, as long as that innocent is black. I suspect the right will dangle money, maybe gun money, in front of him, and if he is as sick an individual as the left thinks he is, he'll probably take it. Glorification of death and racism---that's what we can expect from the right, and Zimmerman could make a bundle off the sickness of the right.

The question is what sort of character does Zimmerman have? I think I have an idea, but I hope I am wrong.

Uh huh... Zimmerman has to come to grips with his racism. He's been doing it all wrong: By voting for Obama, taking a black girl to the high school prom, mentoring black kids, advocating for a homeless black man who had been beaten by a white guy, having a black man as his business partner, inviting his black neighbor to stay at his house for as long as she wanted after she was upset by a break-in in her home... what the hell kind of shitty racist is this?

But who am I to argue with you and Al Sharpton.... you know a racist when you see one. Right?
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:13 am

Huckleby wrote:
Sandi wrote:Apparently race baiting gets you through the night. If we don't think Zimmerman should have been convicted we are racist.

Here's where racism comes in: The people who have been betraying Martin as a likely thug, and who have generally been doing so from the minute the story broke, are racist.

I think you mean "portraying." Nobody did a more convincing job of portraying Martin as a thug than Trayvon Martin himself. And there's no need to include anything he did the night he got shot to back that up.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines