MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, January 28, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 29.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

The Trayvon Martin & George Zimmerman Story

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: The Trayvon Martin & George Zimmerman Story

Postby jonnygothispen » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:52 pm

HawkHead wrote:
Sandi wrote:Like self defense, which the left seems to think they don't have that right.

No wonder you think there is cognitive dissonance. You don't understand our issue with stand your ground.

If I go out and murder someone and there are no other witnesses I can say I was afraid for my life and I have a legal defense. Maybe I even grab a rock and hit myself on the side of the head so I am bloody when the police arrive.

If you want to arm yourself for self-defense that is your choice. But when the laws are written that all I need is to fear for my life to shoot someone that's BS.
And never mind that it was never proven that Zimmerman, who was on the offensive from the beginning and instigated the whole incident, was defending anything other than the fact that he was completely wrong about the person he slandered, profiled, aggressively pursed and then killed.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Learn to lose gracefully, you should be good at it by now.

How's that Democratic Underground story coming along? Maybe the same media that tried to lynch Zimmerman is engaged in a cover up, God knows they owe him one.
Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:42 am

jonnygothispen wrote:And never mind that it was never proven that Zimmerman, who was on the offensive from the beginning and instigated the whole incident, was defending anything other than the fact that he was completely wrong about the person he slandered, profiled, aggressively pursed and then killed.

You mean profiled as in thinking he was a gay rapist and calling him a "creepy ass cracker?" No, wait....
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:56 am

wack wack wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:"Hunted down and killed?" Really? You guys need to come to grips with reality and using loaded terms like "stalking" and "hunting down." Highly inaccurate descriptions of what Zimmerman did. If those are the terms you think apply, then when Zimmerman went looking for an address to give to the police then you might as well said he "stalked" or "hunted down" the address.

Zimmerman did not have to follow an address to find one.

Zimmerman saw Martin, then followed him, then lost him, then found him again, then killed him.

What the hell do you think "hunting down" means?

He had to move in order to see what the address was, just as he had to move to see which way Trayvon was going. The only difference was in one case the object of his curiosity was moving and in the other case it was stationary. So if you're in the woods with your rifle and the squirrel is hoping away "you're hunting it and stalking it" and if it's just standing there... you're not? Got it. It must be entertaining inside that noggin of yours...
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:07 am

peripat wrote:Very clearly stalked a kid and murdered a kid, all the gun apologists and racists to the contrary. Why do gun lovers always feel they need to side with anyone who kills with a gun? Can they never get past that "guns are good and anyone who shoots one off and is chastised for doing so is just a martyr being victimized by the godless gun haters" crap? Or are all gun lovers just frightened children who have replaced their teddy bears with guns? The emotional reaction would tend to suggest that.

The crap part comes when the gun haters only tend to focus their fury against legal gun carriers and seem incapable of admitting that the great majority of shootings are done by the criminal element. Maybe your fury could be directed against the right group for a change.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:20 am

david cohen wrote:The chances you will need to use that gun are fucking MINISCULE

The chances you'll win Powerball are 1 in 175,200,000. That's fucking miniscule. Tell us you've never bought a ticket, please!

By comparison, in the USA as a whole the odds of becoming a victim of violent crime in any given year are 18.4 in 1000 if you're male, and 15.8 in 1000 if you're female. If you're black your odds are 26.8 in 1000 and 42.1 in a thousand if you're mixed race. That probably explains why, even in a fairly safe city such as Madison we have far more victims of violent crime than we have Powerball millionaires.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:48 am

Dangerousman wrote:
wack wack wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:"Hunted down and killed?" Really? You guys need to come to grips with reality and using loaded terms like "stalking" and "hunting down." Highly inaccurate descriptions of what Zimmerman did. If those are the terms you think apply, then when Zimmerman went looking for an address to give to the police then you might as well said he "stalked" or "hunted down" the address.

Zimmerman did not have to follow an address to find one.

Zimmerman saw Martin, then followed him, then lost him, then found him again, then killed him.

What the hell do you think "hunting down" means?

He had to move in order to see what the address was, just as he had to move to see which way Trayvon was going. The only difference was in one case the object of his curiosity was moving and in the other case it was stationary. So if you're in the woods with your rifle and the squirrel is hoping away "you're hunting it and stalking it" and if it's just standing there... you're not? Got it. It must be entertaining inside that noggin of yours...

It was either you or Rich about 30 pages ago was arguing that TM shouldn't have gotten lost in the complex because he had been there 3 times before.

Now I am supposed to believe that GZ who lived in the complex and was head of the neighborhood watch didn't know the addresses of the buildings.

BS.

A wanna-be cop leading his neighborhood watch would have known all the addresses in the neighborhood to make himself feel more important.
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:29 am

The crap part comes when the gun haters only tend to focus their fury against legal gun carriers and seem incapable of admitting that the great majority of shootings are done by the criminal element

The crap part is a lot of so-called "legal" gun carriers are up to no good at all, are not well-trained, and cause far more trouble and hurt than benefit in our society.

Another crap part is "criminal element." You define it one way (I'll leave the details to the readership, who can refer back to your other postings on their own) and a whole lot of other people define it differently. Some people think the whole concept is way, way oversimplified and you can move from one group to the other in the blink of an eye.

However, you're a criminal if you get convicted of a crime. A whole lot of people are getting off after committing actions that to any reasonable person amount to crimes. A whole lot of other people are pre-judged to be criminals before they do anything at all. Making sure our laws keep one of these groups armed-up and free to shoot at other people without repercussions is extremely poor social policy at the least.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:31 am

Dangerousman wrote:So if you're in the woods with your rifle and the squirrel is hoping away "you're hunting it and stalking it" and if it's just standing there... you're not? Got it. It must be entertaining inside that noggin of yours...

Next time you approach a squirrel that just stands there, let us know.

The most entertaining thing in my head is imaging you stalking squirrel statues around your yard.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:23 am

wack wack wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:So if you're in the woods with your rifle and the squirrel is hoping away "you're hunting it and stalking it" and if it's just standing there... you're not? Got it. It must be entertaining inside that noggin of yours...

Next time you approach a squirrel that just stands there, let us know.

The most entertaining thing in my head is imaging you stalking squirrel statues around your yard.

Apparently you have never hunted squirrels. Or if you have, you don't know that a squirrel hunter needs to use stealth. A squirrel just standing there is as common as one hoping away.
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:56 am

HawkHead wrote:A wanna-be cop leading his neighborhood watch would have known all the addresses in the neighborhood to make himself feel more important.

So you would agree not knowing the addresses would indicate Zimmerman was not a wanna-be cop?
Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GordonFreeman » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:07 pm

Somewhere Zpussy says he has a bad memory, like it's a disease or something, yet his "memory" is used to acquit him. Interesting.

You guys did watch the whole 1+ hour police interview video right? It's a good study on how NOT to lie.
GordonFreeman

Postby Rich Schultz » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:37 pm

Hey Gordon here's another way not to lie. Don't quote the "Democratic Underground".
Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:03 pm

Rich Schultz wrote:
HawkHead wrote:A wanna-be cop leading his neighborhood watch would have known all the addresses in the neighborhood to make himself feel more important.

So you would agree not knowing the addresses would indicate Zimmerman was not a wanna-be cop?

Oh Rich, stop being so silly.

We have all run into wanna-bes. They know every rule and are happy to quote you verse and chapter that you are breaking.

I would put $100 down on a bet that GZ knew every address in the complex and who lived there. But he personally hadn't met all of his neighbors. In fact, I bet he hardly knew anyone in the complex by a first name basis.

That is just my opinion.
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:05 pm

Rich Schultz wrote:Hey Gordon here's another way not to lie. Don't quote the "Democratic Underground".

Boy, if someone shouldn't chide someone about the websites they link I would think it would be you.
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines