MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, July 31, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 65.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Brookfield spa isn't relaxing

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Brookfield spa isn't relaxing

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:53 pm

Igor wrote:
Beaver wrote:I'm not seeing what you and the others are upset about. Mass shootings and gun control are very political. That is why there is a 50 page gun control discussion here. Brookfield and Oak Creek are very Republican cities. Yes mass shootings can happen anywhere but in WI it seems like more of a Republican city problem.

As for the thread title, shootings in spa's, churches, schools, are sadly ironic because those are supposed to be peaceful, safe places. Was the thread title offensive? Wasn't meant to be.

Obama carried Brown Deer with 67%. So, your sample size of 2 is not quite producing the trend you are looking for. For what it is worth, Cudahy (where the Sikh temple shooter lived) is also Democratic by a similar margin.

Based on Beaver's logic, clearly democrats are coming into Republican areas to cause havoc and kill people.

Mental illness isn't political
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Brookfield spa isn't relaxing

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:38 am

Brown Deer Poice Commision: We think every thing our police do is just fine

Of course they don't seem to actually review what the police do, but they think it is just fine.

Asked how the commission knows if the chief is doing a good job without evaluations, Jiracek said: "I guess just by gut feel. I don't know what else to tell you."

Of course if a citizen wants to, they can file a complaint. Of course the process to do that is apparently not the easiest to find.
A:I eventually had to go down to the cellar.
P: That's the display department.
A: I had to take a torch.
P: The lights must have been out.
A: So were the stairs.
P: But you did find the plans.
A: Yes, I found them. In a locked filing cabinet in a disused lavatory behind a door that said "Beware of the tiger".

P: That's our display department.)
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Headlines