MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, August 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 77.0° F  Light Rain
Collapse Photo Bar

Honoring Paul's Life

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Honoring Paul's Life

Postby Meade » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:16 am

Paul Heenan. I'm making a donation to the Oregon High School Orchestra c/o Friends of the Orchestra and I want to encourage others to do likewise.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Honoring Paul's Life

Postby massimo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:51 am

Oh, the suicide by cop guy? That's very big of you! Love the sinner, hate the sin, one might say.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:52 pm
Location: Madison

Re: Honoring Paul's Life

Postby Meade » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:05 pm

massimo, please, this is not a thread for hostility and hatefulness. This thread is about honoring Paul Heenan's life. If you have nothing to contribute to that end, please take your sarcasm and judgmental tendencies to one of the many other threads on the Forum. Thank you.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Honoring Paul's Life

Postby massimo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:07 pm

It's too late, Meade. I've made this thread about hostility and hatefulness. It's like magic.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:52 pm
Location: Madison

Exploiting Paul's Life (aka adventures in damage control)

Postby Marvell » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Meade wrote:massimo, please, this is not a thread for hostility and hatefulness. This thread is about honoring Paul Heenan's life. If you have nothing to contribute to that end, please take your sarcasm and judgmental tendencies to one of the many other threads on the Forum. Thank you.


Not to mention mealy-mouthed, sanctimonious hypocrisy.

Meade - I'll do you a little favor. Not because I like you, because you're clearly an asshole. But you're also clearly painfully stupid, and I'm charitable by nature. It's my cross to bear, etc.

First rule of holes. Look it up.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6979
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:28 pm
Location: At one with time and space

Re: Honoring Paul's Life

Postby jman111 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Meade wrote:I'm making a donation...

Feelin' guilty or just lying?
jman111
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2988
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:43 pm
Location: Dane County

Re: Honoring Paul's Life

Postby Meade » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:21 pm

jman111 wrote:
Meade wrote:I'm making a donation...

Feelin' guilty or just lying?

Neither. I want to honor his life. Don't you?

My guess is that Officer Heimsness would like to similarly honor Paul's life but because of the circumstances, he isn't free to do so at the moment. So I'm going to double my donation in honor of Paul's life and Steve's service.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Honoring Paul's Life

Postby Toonces » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Meade wrote:I want to honor his life.


Then will you honor his life by deleting all of your posts on the subject where you are deficient of tact?
Toonces
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:39 pm
Location: Behind The Wheel

Re: Honoring Paul's Life

Postby rrnate » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:13 pm

Toonces wrote:
Meade wrote:I want to honor his life.


Then will you honor his life by deleting all of your posts on the subject where you are deficient of tact?


Yes, this.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2002 6:33 pm
Location: Madison's Corporate Underbelly

Re: Honoring Paul's Life

Postby Meade » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Toonces wrote:Then will you honor his life by deleting all of your posts on the subject where you are deficient of tact?

There are no posts of mine where I am deficient of tact.

Paul's family asks those who want to honor his life to donate to the Oregon High School Orchestra c/o Friends of the Orchestra. president@oregonfoto.org
Oregon High School
456 N. Perry Parkway
Oregon, WI 53575
Principal: Kelly Meyers
608-835-4300
fax 608-835-7894
Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Honoring Paul's Life

Postby The One » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Meade wrote:Neither. I want to honor his life. Don't you?

My guess is that Officer Heimsness would like to similarly honor Paul's life but because of the circumstances, he isn't free to do so at the moment. So I'm going to double my donation in honor of Paul's life and Steve's service.

I was about to unload on you because it seemed like you where trying to put, in high regard, a guy who attacked an officer. But, after this comment, it seems that you are down to earth with the event and is doing this in good faith and not trying to bash Heimsness.
The One
Senior Member
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Honoring Paul's Life

Postby Meade » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:22 pm

Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Honoring Paul's Life

Postby jonnygothispen » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:26 pm

Meade wrote:Paul Heenan. I'm making a donation to the Oregon High School Orchestra c/o Friends of the Orchestra and I want to encourage others to do likewise.
I'm sure the taxpayers, whose money you live off of and are spending, will be grateful it's finally going to a good cause, Larry. What more could anyone expect an internet contributor to do?
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3105
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:53 pm


Return to Headlines

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar