MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, September 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 70.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Welcome to the boom town

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Welcome to the boom town

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:04 am

Because of the oil boom in North Dakota, their unemployment is the lowest in the country. Jobs that don't pay much cannot be filled. Menard's has a solution.

Menard to fly Wis. workers in to staff ND store

Home improvement retailer Menard Inc. plans to hire 50 workers from its headquarters city in Wisconsin and fly them weekly to staff its store in Minot, N.D.
Menard said jetting in employees for weeklong stints and housing them in hotels is likely to be a permanent solution for that store's staffing shortage.

Will Walker counts them as Wisconsin jobs created under his administration?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Welcome to the boom town

Postby bdog » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:00 pm

All that money makes such a succulent sound
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby doppel » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:35 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Will Walker counts them as Wisconsin jobs created under his administration?

Is there anything that has happened or will happen that you don't or won't try to throw mud on Walker for? We get it. You hate Walker. Point it out another time or two hundred. BORRRRRING. Your hard-on for Walker is so big it's slowing the blood flow to your head and fingers -"Will Walker counts them" WTF, Henry.
doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:41 pm

OK, so post your comments about Walker and the the quarter million jobs he promised here. I will respond to what you write. Let's see if you can talk about the topic, rather than about me.

Are you related to Ned?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby doppel » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:13 pm

The title of this thread is about a boom town, Minot N.D. Wisconsin workers will be commuting to there. Governor Walker might counts them as jobs created while he is in charge. I think he can.

Since you asked me, I'll ask you. Are you related to Ned?

P.S. You don't really have to respond about your Governor if you don't have anything nice to say at all. We've heard it already.
doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:18 pm

When my Sister was in the Air Force, and Minot was known only as a cold war B-52 base positioned for flights over the pole to bomb the Soviet Union, she told me that airmen would contemplate being stationed in Minot with the following poem: "Why not Minot? The Freezin's the Reason."
Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:38 am

doppel wrote: You don't really have to respond about your Governor if you don't have anything nice to say at all. We've heard it already.

I don't have anything nice to say about Walker. Do you? We haven't heard it already.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:36 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
doppel wrote: You don't really have to respond about your Governor if you don't have anything nice to say at all. We've heard it already.

I don't have anything nice to say about Walker. Do you? We haven't heard it already.

This is the nicest thing I can think of to say: It has not been proven beyond a doubt that Walker is not a carbon-based life form.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Headlines