MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Tuesday, March 3, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 31.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Officer won't face criminal liability in shooting death

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Officer won't face criminal liability in shooting death

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:26 pm

Bifftar wrote:what other games do you think "The Cruiser" has played that no one has caught him at?

Sweet. Now you just want to make shit up.

By the way. From the same report:

I asked Kevin to describe exactly how it was that Paul came at him. Kevin stated that he immediately felt threatened because Paul physically came at him and grabbed onto his arms
in an aggressive manner. Kevin stated that he grabbed the collar of Paul’s coat. Kevin stated that Paul was pushing him backwards, and that he had to hold onto Paul’s collar to hold Paul off. Kevin stated that Paul was pushing him, and he remembered thinking that things had now turned ugly and that he was now going to have to yell for help. Kevin stated that he also recalled thinking, “How am I gonna get out of this situation?
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:28 pm

Hey Bifftar, why didn't you respond to Stebben84's post which contained a quote which directly contradicts your BS?
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bcs89 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Bifftar wrote:I really wonder--since we KNOW 'officer' Steve brutalized a suspect into unconsciousness in 2006, and discharged his weapon in a parking garage--what other games do you think "The Cruiser" has played that no one has caught him at? Wouldn't he have more fun in Milwaukee or Chicago with that quick, angry trigger finger?

Desk job for an untrustworthy shooter? Doesn't deserve it.

Prison? Yes. End of story.

I find it interesting that you are not even trying to defend or substantiate your claims from all of an hour ago - nope, instead, you are acting like a child that just got caught lying and is yelling little kiddie insults over his shoulder as he runs off crying.
bcs89

Postby Meade » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Bifftar wrote:Let's hope tomorrow's event can create some positive change out of this terrible tragedy. Madison can do better.

Let's hope tomorrow's event includes a counterprotest: friends of the MPD who oppose the defamation of Officer Heimsness.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bifftar » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Stebben84 wrote:
Bifftar wrote:what other games do you think "The Cruiser" has played that no one has caught him at?

Sweet. Now you just want to make shit up.

You think I'm making shit up? You're a bigger idiot than you had originally come off as. He was CAUGHT doing evil, bad things, twice. We didn't do shit, and he kills an innocent. I'm not making up a feeling that he has done more that has been unseen. F'ing Duh.

When you can't trust the cops - who do you trust? Who you gonna call? Stebben84 busters?

Nope, didn't think so. Sweet.
Bifftar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bifftar » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Meade wrote:
Bifftar wrote:Let's hope tomorrow's event can create some positive change out of this terrible tragedy. Madison can do better.

Let's hope tomorrow's event includes a counterprotest: friends of the MPD who oppose the defamation of Officer Heimsness.

You mean officer quick shootin' Cruiser? Yeah, bring it. He defamed himself with his ACTIONS - we are merely seeing, watching, crying. Actions speak a bit louder than your words that will not bring back a wrongful death.
Bifftar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:34 pm

I guess you can't respond to my links.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bifftar » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:41 pm

bcs89 wrote:
Bifftar wrote:
Prison? Yes. End of story.

I find it interesting that you are not even trying to defend or substantiate your claims from all of an hour ago - nope, instead, you are acting like a child that just got caught lying and is yelling little kiddie insults over his shoulder as he runs off crying.

Yes, I am crying over the death of a very cool person, a friend, that could have been avoided if we had better checks and balances in our system to weed out the problem people (read:killers) within it.

I find it interesting you are backing up an extremely violent person who over the years has cost Madison a LOT of money, a lot of pain, and the death of an innocent. And like I said, probably more unseen problem behavior. WTF?

You are the one acting like a child, defending a very clear evil. Or maybe that isn't childish. It's just more evil.
Bifftar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Bifftar wrote:Yes, I am crying over the death of a very cool person, a friend, that could have been avoided if we had better checks and balances in our system to weed out the problem people (read:killers) within it.

A friend? Speaking of "problem people", were you one of the "friends" with him the night his "friends" encouraged him to drink himself to death?

That truly was evil of those "friends".
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Bifftar wrote:Yes, I am crying over the death of a very cool person, a friend, that could have been avoided if we had better checks and balances in our system to weed out the problem people (read:killers) within it.

I'm sorry for your loss. You say things could have been avoided and I agree with that. Heenan went into someone else's home. He had an altercation with the homeowner. That homeowner was now scared(according to his testimony) He then refused the police orders. He then went after the cop. Where in this scenario is it not Heenan's problem?

I've had my fair share of drunken episodes, but I would NEVER ever move towards a cop. You know Heenan and think he is an angel, but he did some crazy shit and we have a really bad situation.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bifftar » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:47 pm

gargantua wrote:Hey Bifftar, why didn't you respond to Stebben84's post which contained a quote which directly contradicts your BS?

Because I understand that the cops want the last word here, and will have it, and I've been baited, and I'm upset and my chest hurts because a friend was fucking killed in front of his home after a gig. Fine. Good job. Go for it dudes, I'm done now. You won't have the city's trust until justice is served, and no bullshit you type up can change that. From Scott Gordon's article today:

"...the community is clearly shaken. One Willy Street business owner joked to a customer Wednesday night that he wouldn't call Madison police any time soon, for fear he would be "shot in the face."
Bifftar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:55 pm

*I removed this post
Last edited by Stebben84 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:36 pm

Steb, did you really need to get the last word in there?
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:01 pm

Alcohol's role in fatal shooting by police officer scrutinized

Before Paul Heenan was fatally shot by a Madison police officer he was struggling with, Heenan was at a Williamson Street restaurant and bar where staff saw he had consumed too much alcohol and took away his drink as closing time neared.

Around 2 a.m. Nov. 9, Bregan Fuller, an owner of the Weary Traveler and Heenan's friend of 10 years, said he drove Heenan to within doors of his South Baldwin Street residence in an effort to make sure he got home safely.
(D.A.) Ozanne has said Heenan's blood alcohol level was 0.208 percent, or more than twice the state's legal limit for drivers, when he was shot.
(Drector of the Center for Problem-Oriented Policing at UW-Madison) Scott said that given Heenan's slight build, "he was in all probability virtually incoherent" and "didn't know what he was doing" when he went after an armed officer who said he believed Heenan was going to disarm him and feared for his life.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:33 pm

It's not known what happened in the approximately 45 minutes between the time Heenan, 30, got out of [Bregan] Fuller's car and entered a neighbor's residence, beginning a series of events that culminated minutes later in the shooting, said District Attorney Ismael Ozanne.

Bifftar, do you know what happened in the approximately 45 minutes between the time Heenan got out of the car and entered a neighbor's residence?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines