MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, July 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 70.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Al Jazeera buys Gore's Current TV

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Al Jazeera buys Gore's Current TV

Postby rabble » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:38 pm

I love this one in the comments:

Which is more disappointing: These absurd tweets, or the fact that my roommate's mother called to tell him that "Al-Qaeda bought Current TV"?
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:16 pm

Recently it's been the Fox vs. MSNBC war...I cannot wait until Fox goes after Al-Jazeera. It will expose the hypocrisy that IS the right in America today. Hannity must be salivating.
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:11 am

david cohen wrote:Recently it's been the Fox vs. MSNBC war...I cannot wait until Fox goes after Al-Jazeera. It will expose the hypocrisy that IS the right in America today. Hannity must be salivating.

For now I see David Cohen salivating.

I will have to tune in to FOX for a couple of days and see if your prediction has merit. Hannity is a slimeball hack with no clue, so you may be correct.

I welcome Al Jazeera, as their broadcast ( like any other network ) will speak for itself.
Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:20 pm

As a lifelong academic and observer of the media, I am salivating Sandi. Mr. Murdoch has single handedly dumbed down the news worldwide while taking an unabashed right wing stance in his gatekeeping of information dissemination. I can't wait to see how he reacts to this latest development over the long term. You are correct that Al-Jazeera will be judged by their news product. It will take some time, but I'm guessing that in 5-10 years they will have an impact. Much like CNN when they first hit the airwaves.
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:03 pm

I see that Time Warner, which had been carrying Current TV, won't be carrying Al Jazeera.

The Fox News talkers keep associated Al Jazeera with Bin Laden.

I'm not sure that there really is any new development here. How many homes are going to be able to get Al Jazeera in the foreseeable future? Until Charter and Comcast and Time Warner pick it up, we're stuck at square one.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Headlines