MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, August 29, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 65.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Golden Guernsey dairy bankrupted by LA equity firm

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Golden Guernsey dairy bankrupted by LA equity firm

Postby Beaver » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:10 pm

A Los Angeles private equity firm buys Golden Guernsey of Waukesha and shuts it down without giving the 60 day notice and pay required by law. Their wealthy punk CEO, Andrew Nikou, blames suppliers and worker unions trying to make a middle class living. Walker must love him.

Waukesha's Golden Guernsey files for bankruptcy
http://www.jsonline.com/business/golden ... 05761.html

OpenGate Capital CEO discusses closure of Golden Guernsey Dairy
http://fox6now.com/2013/01/09/opengate- ... sey-dairy/

Andrew Nikou
http://www.opengatecapital.com/about-us ... rew-nikou/

Meet The Private Equity CEO Who's In Talks For His Own Reality Show
http://articles.businessinsider.com/201 ... uity-pehub
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Golden Guernsey dairy bankrupted by LA equity firm

Postby Mad Howler » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:37 pm

This is an irritating and repeating theme. It is even more irritating that no one here seems to give a shit about witnessing such trickle up.
MH
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:33 pm

More good news, descision makers 'closer' to home. http://www.channel3000.com/news/Wausau- ... index.html

Nice to see that, rather than innovating, the plan is to "switch its focus solely to making tissue and towel". I guess this makes some kind of sense as when your full of shit your eventually going to need some "tissue and towel"

MH
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:43 pm

Mad Howler wrote:This is an irritating and repeating theme. It is even more irritating that no one here seems to give a shit about witnessing such trickle up.
MH

I don't know which is more irritating - your irritation that not everybody shares your opinion, or your assumption that lack of comments implies that nobody gives a shit.

Anyway, I hope they do the right thing here:
The products could also go a long way in helping the Hunger Task Force serve its network of 80 food pantries, soup kitchens and homeless shelters in Milwaukee County, according to the organization's executive director Sherrie Tussler. But the clock is ticking.

"Whenever you're dealing with perishables, time is of the essence," Tussler said.

Read more: http://host.madison.com/news/state-and- ... z2HnAulhKV
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:50 pm

Yes would nice to at least make use of the food in there.

[quote="DCB"]your assumption that lack of comments implies that nobody gives a shit.[quote]
I think that's a fair assumption in most cases. The more replies a thread gets usually indicates more interest in it.
Last edited by Beaver on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:03 pm

I'm replying, and I don't give a shit. I question your hypothesis.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:33 pm

I said "in most cases" and stand by that claim. You are an anomaly...who probably doesn't have much worth posting on this board anyway.
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:52 pm

Wow, had to go nuclear did you. Also, I disagree. I think a lot of threads get derailed, and it's the derailment that generates the interest. Flame wars (I'll dilute my position and make it more defensible with an "in most cases") generate clicks and posts.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:00 pm

I you don't give a shit about this topic I hope your work place is next to be bought out and closed by an out of state equity firm with no notice. It's bad for the State and all WI workers should care.
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:50 pm

Beaver wrote:I you don't give a shit about this topic I hope your work place is next to be bought out and closed by an out of state equity firm with no notice. It's bad for the State and all WI workers should care.

Yep, well said. It seems that WE are unfortunately comprised of dumb dumbs.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:21 am

massimo wrote:I think a lot of threads get derailed, and it's the derailment that generates the interest.

If your comment refers to my efforts, fine. If you're trying to diminish the real and significant pain people are feeling around this state/country well...that is indeed irritating.

In my mind this thead is a significant stab at a long ignored discussion. I think that it is important to keep it alive and I will continue to do so.

MH
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:24 am

massimo wrote:I think a lot of threads get derailed, and it's the derailment that generates the interest.

If your comment refers to my efforts, fine. If you're trying to diminish the real and significant pain people are feeling around this state/country well...that is indeed irritating.

In my mind this thread is a significant stab at a long ignored discussion. I think that it is important to keep it alive and I will continue to do so.

MH
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:03 am

massimo wrote:I'm replying, and I don't give a shit.

I do give a shit, and I'm not repl
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:18 am

Mad Howler wrote:If your comment refers to my efforts, fine. If you're trying to diminish the real and significant pain people are feeling around this state/country well...that is indeed irritating.

Neither, really, I'm out of town for a couple weeks on business and I'm just bored. I do actually give a shit about all this, it does suck for WI workers, but do you begin to get the sense that those of us who feel this way might also feel pretty fucking helpless to stop this systematic gutting of our state's middle class? That some of us might feel that railing against this on TDPF is wasted effort? You don't, clearly, and that's dandy. Anyway, DCB nailed it earlier.

And Beav, stop spazzin' and stop feeding my troll. May you live long and prosper in your career.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 pm

massimo wrote:I do actually give a shit about all this, it does suck for WI workers, but do you begin to get the sense that those of us who feel this way might also feel pretty fucking helpless to stop this systematic gutting of our state's middle class?

The tenor of this thread reminds me of this dandy clip from KFM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1WZ6a6YYJg

That some of us might feel that railing against this on TDPF is wasted effort?

I don't have any illusions about this. The TDPF matters to me and informs my discourse outside of these bounds. Given the number of views of threads here I believe it has an impact on a broader discourse. I do not think that this is lost on those who agitate here in support of the fantasies of a powerful few. What you are waiting for? Be your own superman and put your shoulder in. The alternative, called apathy, is much worse.

You don't, clearly, and that's dandy.

I may be wild eyed, but I am patient.
MH

p.s.- I wonder if communities who have worked with companies over the years will continue to be patient with this kind of assertion of "share holder rights"...
http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/articl ... aper-board
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Headlines