MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Thursday, July 10, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 77.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Featherbrained Flibbertigibbet Flummoxes Frowny Feinstein

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Postby Meade » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:44 pm

"I very much regret it," Feinstein, D-Calif., told reporters of Reid's decision. "I tried my best."

Asked about the decision, Reid, D-Nev., said he wanted to bring a gun bill to the full Senate that would have enough support to overcome any GOP attempts to prevent debate from even starting.

He said that "using the most optimistic numbers," there were less than 40 votes for Feinstein's ban. That is far less than the 60 votes needed to begin considering legislation, and an indication that Reid feared that including the assault weapons ban in the main guns bill would risk getting the votes needed to begin debate.

"I'm not going to try to put something on the floor that won't succeed. I want something that will succeed. I think the worst of all worlds would be to bring to something to the floor and it dies there," Reid said.

Feinstein, an author of the 1994 assault weapons ban that expired after a decade, said that Reid told her of the decision on Monday.

There are 53 Democrats in the Senate, plus two independents who usually vote with them.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 9-13-51-09
Last edited by Meade on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Feinstein's Fascist Firearm Forbiddance Fix Frustrated

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:27 am

The best part is that DiFi packed heat at a time in her life when she felt threatened.

Typical liberal.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:34 am

Was there some hand gun ban she proposed or are you two just looking for hypocrisy where there is none? Oh wait. I know the answer. Carry on.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:52 am

fisticuffs wrote:Was there some hand gun ban she proposed or are you two just looking for hypocrisy where there is none? Oh wait. I know the answer. Carry on.

Even someone as stupid as Harry Reid knows she's an idiot.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:57 am

That's great. Was there a hand gun ban proposed? The NRA told me Obama was going to repeal the second amendment and we were going to make law abiding owners of assault weapons criminals. Did any of those things happen? Were they on the table? Just trying to sort out reality versus NRA fear mongering and lies. To me, fear mongering and lieing are worse than being as stupid as Harry Reid or as big an idiot as Diane Fienstein. Which is worse to you Ned? Where does the Catholic Church come down on this issue?
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:59 am

Also would one of you kind sirs please define "Fascism" as it relates to a fully constitutional limitation on firearm ownership? I went to public school. I may have been indoctrinated with some false definition of the word and its history.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:29 am

Ned Flanders wrote:
fisticuffs wrote:Was there some hand gun ban she proposed or are you two just looking for hypocrisy where there is none? Oh wait. I know the answer. Carry on.

An idiot who absolutely schooled Ted Cruz so bad that even I felt embarrassed for the smarmy future of the Republican party from Texas.

What's below "idiot"? Shall we just call it "Cruziot"?
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:12 pm

“What Sen. Reid told me is that I would have an opportunity for a vote. I take him at his word. I told him also that it would be my intention to separate out the prohibition on the future manufacture, transfer, sales, possession of large ammunition-feeding devices of more than 10 bullets,” Feinstein said. “I asked him if this could be part of a package. He said, ‘No.’ And I took away from that meeting the belief that we would have a vote on the full bill, and a vote on ammunition-feeding devices of more than 10 bullets.” http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/d ... z2O6I2Gt6y
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Headlines