MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 26.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Massive Explosions at Boston Marathon

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Massive Explosions at Boston Marathon

Postby Talon Newsman » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:46 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:Come on, Marvell -- this is Ned we're talking about.
He knew the next bombs to explode would be Islamofascist ones even before they were set.

Ned and I are just praying to our handsome, blond-haired, blue_eyed lord and savior Jesus Christ that the perps will be found to have brown skin.

Why do you have to infringe on our freedom of religion?
Talon Newsman
Forum Addict

Postby GordonFreeman » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:23 pm

Maybe the Islamic Terrorists are not claiming this one, because it was such a pathetic attempt? The explosions seemed kinda small to me (not to minimize those killed and hurt by them).

I also didn't know the Islamic Terrorist had umbrella on pressure cooker bombs.

White-Blonde-Blue eyed Jesus, I LOLed on that. Good one. I find it quite entertaining to watch the religious christian right praying to an Arab.
GordonFreeman

Postby gargantua » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:18 pm

gargantua wrote:
Leroy Gates wrote:Considering Al Qaeda has exploded hundreds of bombs and the Tea Party not one it's pretty clear who is delusional.

Yes. Individuals who have come to a conclusion before the facts are in.

I notice that Leroy had no answer to this post. Because he can't. Nor can Flanders. Not that I care. His piece of shit trolling in the wake of this tragedy would get him banned in a just world. I don't care how many clicks his nonsense garners. Maybe going out of business would be preferable to the stylings of this particular piece of excrement who would troll the death and injury to his fellow Americans.
So hide as usual, or go on with your droll rejoinder. Or think about the victims and just shut the fuck up for once.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:30 pm

It's called connecting the dots. Sorry that upsets you.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:47 pm

Republicans operate under the impression that suggestions are actually accusations, particularly when it comes to anything draped in the red, white and blue. The mere suggestion that perhaps this was the work of domestic terrorists, specifically right-wing domestic terrorists, is akin to treason in their mind. Under no circumstances are you to insinuate that a conservative American could ever do anything bad.

If, on the other hand, you would like to blame lax security on the President or the "libs" who run "Tax-achussetts", have at it. But if they detect so much as a whiff of criticism coming their way, they circle their wagons.

I caught a bit of "The Devil's Advocates" on my way home tonight and Kreutie(?) was pointing out that whoever reports the highest death toll is assumed to have the newest information, which might be why the NY Post (and Fox) decided to go with twelve instead of two. Ned isn't simply "connecting the dots," he's fear-mongering and putting party before country. Adding a few dots of his own, perhaps.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:29 am

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:45 am

"Media" "speculation" has been shown to be problematic:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jewell

Although it gave cover to this dirtbag - for a while:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Robert_Rudolph
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:17 am

Ned Flanders wrote:It's called connecting the dots. Sorry that upsets you.

Unless John Henry is doing the connecting, I'm not interested.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:58 am

Mad Howler wrote:"Media" "speculation" has been shown to be problematic:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jewell

Although it gave cover to this dirtbag - for a while:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Robert_Rudolph

Please get your heads around the above.

I only recognized today the "final" story of what happened in Atlanta. How did that happen? I do not know what to say other than the coming on of unaccountable media outlets around 1996; and obcourse - you get what you accept.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Leroy Gates » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:26 am

gargantua wrote:
gargantua wrote:
Leroy Gates wrote:Considering Al Qaeda has exploded hundreds of bombs and the Tea Party not one it's pretty clear who is delusional.

Yes. Individuals who have come to a conclusion before the facts are in.

I notice that Leroy had no answer to this post. Because he can't. Nor can Flanders. Not that I care. His piece of shit trolling in the wake of this tragedy would get him banned in a just world. I don't care how many clicks his nonsense garners. Maybe going out of business would be preferable to the stylings of this particular piece of excrement who would troll the death and injury to his fellow Americans.
So hide as usual, or go on with your droll rejoinder. Or think about the victims and just shut the fuck up for once.

Just a minute here, Gordon Freeman posts that it was probably the Tea Party, I reply with the score, and Gargantua ignores Gordon's unlikely accusation and instead tries to criticize what he will probably need to apologize for shortly. Gordon's political witch hunt does nothing for future victims.

Note to Ned: Police are looking for a "darker skinned" suspect (darker than the Saudi that was yesterday's news). That's a bit of a conundrum for the Lefties on this forum who only a few months ago were insisting the Tea Party was lily white.
Leroy Gates
Forum Addict

Postby scratch » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:19 am

Leroy Gates wrote:Note to Ned: Police are looking for a "darker skinned" suspect (darker than the Saudi that was yesterday's news). That's a bit of a conundrum for the Lefties on this forum who only a few months ago were insisting the Tea Party was lily white.

So, Leroy, are you suggesting that the search is on for a "darker skinned" member of the Tea Party? Given the photos from Tea Party rallies, that should narrow the list of suspects dramatically.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:25 am

Ned Flanders wrote:It's called connecting the dots.

This is hilarious.
So given a mere 3 dots, Ned completes the picture.
But given a gazillion dots- such as those which make up the evidence for anthropogenic climate change- Ned insists no clear picture can be resolved.

If you're going to be a complete idiot, Ned, at least try to be a consistent one.
Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:54 am

"If your experience and your expertise is Middle East terrorism, it has the hallmarks of al Qaeda or a Middle East group," former FBI Assistant Director Tom Fuentes said. "If your experience is domestic groups and bombings that have occurred here, it has the hallmarks of a domestic terrorist like Eric Rudolph in the 1996 Atlanta Summer Olympics bombings."

Fuentes said he has investigated both types of terrorism -- from Iraq to the United States -- and finds the Boston attack has elements of both. "It has the hallmarks of both domestic and international (attacks), and you can see either side of that."

channel3000.com
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Leroy Gates » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:13 am

"“Let me ask a question — again based on my observation in recent years — if you listening to this program, if you are a Muslim and it turns out that a Muslim did bomb the Boston Marathon, how do you feel? I dare say that if you are a Muslim, you can be pretty certain, you can rest assured that everybody in the media will circle the wagons and say this is not because of Islam,” Limbaugh said.

“This is a lone bad actor, lone wolf, but this in no way says anything about Islam,” he continued. “This in no way says anything about Muslims. It’s just a lone nut, and they will remind that the vast majority of people denounce this kind of terrorism, the vast majority of Muslims. So if you’re a Muslim and it turns out to be a Muslim bomber, you will be in no way associated with it, which [is] fair.”

But he warned that if the bomber is some sort of conservative extremist, conservatives will be in the crosshairs of that same media.

“However, folks, if you are a conservative and it turns out that whoever did this is either real or has an imagined connection to conservatives, everybody in the media will unite to denounce your whole group,” Limbaugh said. “There will not be the same treatment. If this turns out to be some crazy extremist, domestic — everybody thought to be in that guys group is going to be tarred and feathered as well. And believe me, that’s what they are all hoping for on left.”

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/04/16/the_left_politicizes_the_boston_bombing

"Likewise, in the context of terrorist attacks, such privilege means white non-Islamic terrorists are typically portrayed not as representative of whole groups or ideologies, but as “lone wolf” threats to be dealt with as isolated law enforcement matters."

"If recent history is any guide, if the bomber ends up being a white anti-government extremist, white privilege will likely mean the attack is portrayed as just an isolated incident — one that has no bearing on any larger policy debates."

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/16/lets_hope_the_boston_marathon_bomber_is_a_white_american/
Leroy Gates
Forum Addict

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:28 am

I didn't think of it that way. If Rush says that's how it's gonna be, then it has to be true.

I should really start to listen to the wisdom of Rush more often. Who isn't enamored by this:

“They’re out there protesting what they actually wish would happen to them sometimes.”
~Rush Limbaugh, on women who protest against sexual harassment, The Rush Limbaugh Show, April 26, 2004
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines