MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, November 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 37.0° F  Light Rain Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Cable News Nonsense

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Cable News Nonsense

Postby gozer » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:06 pm

npler wrote:
gozer wrote:i think one of their correspondents invented the bash shell. i just saw her talking about the government shutdown. i must say i like bash better than the jason bourne, cushite, and korn (after the band) shells. windows people should know that they can get all of those too: the m k s toolkit, cygwin, u/win, interix, windows services for unix . . .

That one took me about 36 hours to connect the dots. Slow on the uptake. May need to find a stronger brew of coffee. And stop putting Jack Daniels in it.

Ms. Bash sure made Senator Reid hot under the collar the other day, didn't she?

look, the issue was that he was rapidly developing a blue-veiner and he has that condition that makes it go down not up. he also told her to suck his dick, but he was not speaking figuratively.

by the way, a good morning pick-me-up is a mixture of oxy, trihexyphenidyl, and either dexy or c-jam, or both. the germans and possibly the french were once working on a combat drug that was 5 mg oxy, 3 mg blow, and 5 mg meth per tablet, yummy!
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:28 pm

npler wrote:
gozer wrote:o i've noticed that crossfire is back too -- starring s e hinton and van morrison.

That's not even the half of it. Don't forget Juice Newton.

I see that Omar al-Bashir has an afternoon show on MSNBC.

it is easier for him to hide there than in khartoum because of their ratings.

by the way, that thing about a tree falling in a forest with no human there to hear it not making a sound is preposterous. there must be at least some squirrels and birds around so someone hears it. and it still moves all that air . . . and how many people were left on krakatoa when it blew itself to smithereens?
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:52 am

gozer wrote:it is easier for him to hide there than in khartoum because of their ratings.

Good one, gozer.

The real story about cable is anybody who pays for that nonsense should have his head examined. TV is meant to be free. Do your part.
Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:39 am

But given that politics in its current form is threatening to produce a crisis that threatens to create financial mayhem on a global scale — while striking one more blow against claims of American “greatness” — perhaps something more complicated than sketching out voting districts is at play. The polarized political map is now accompanied by a media ecosystem that is equally gerrymandered into districts of self-reinforcing discourse. Justice Scalia and millions of news consumers select and assemble a worldview from sources that may please them, but rarely challenge them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/12/busin ... html?_r=2&

It's hard to find well written news or good reporters these days. I think calling what's happening with our news today as Gerrymandering is quite fitting.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Headlines