MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, February 27, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 11.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Shots Fired in D.C.!

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Shots Fired in D.C.!

Postby wack wack » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:57 am

Dangerousman wrote:I've seen the light. It's not the mentally unstable person behind the wheel that's responsible. It's the car, and easy access to them. I blame AAA and the politicians who cave to its legendary powerful lobby.

Are you under the mistaken impression that vehicles are as poorly, sadly, dangerously unregulated as guns are?
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:06 am

Ned Flanders wrote:Wonder if the perp had a connection to someone in the WH? An Obama relative? A jilted lover?

Will we every find out?

Turns out she believed Obama was stalking her... clearly a Republican. My guess is McConnell's lover: she got tired of being left on the plantation each time he headed to Washington.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:18 am

wack wack wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:I've seen the light. It's not the mentally unstable person behind the wheel that's responsible. It's the car, and easy access to them. I blame AAA and the politicians who cave to its legendary powerful lobby.

Are you under the mistaken impression that vehicles are as poorly, sadly, dangerously unregulated as guns are?

16-year olds may take vehicles to school every day. You were saying?
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:22 am

wack wack wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:Wonder if the perp had a connection to someone in the WH? An Obama relative? A jilted lover?

Will we every find out?

Turns out she believed Obama was stalking her... clearly a Republican. My guess is McConnell's lover: she got tired of being left on the plantation each time he headed to Washington.

She believed she was under surveillance by the goverment. Gee, I wonder why anyone would think that?
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:24 am

Dangerousman wrote:
wack wack wrote:

16-year olds may take vehicles to school every day. You were saying?

4 year olds are free to handle firearms and shoot siblings.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:26 am

Dangerousman wrote:She believed she was under surveillance by the goverment. Gee, I wonder why anyone would think that?

No, she believed Obama was stalking her.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:32 am

"4 year olds are free to handle firearms and shoot siblings."

No, they're not free to do that, but sometimes they get their hands on a gun, just like sometimes they slip that shift into drive. That's a parental responsibility issue, not a political freedom issue.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:41 am

wack wack wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:She believed she was under surveillance by the goverment. Gee, I wonder why anyone would think that?

No, she believed Obama was stalking her.

That may be one of her other beliefs, but according to her boyfriend she believed the government had her under electronic surveillance and her town under "lock down."

BTW Was he stalking her?
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:48 am

Dangerousman wrote:"4 year olds are free to handle firearms and shoot siblings."

No, they're not free to do that, but sometimes they get their hands on a gun, just like sometimes they slip that shift into drive. That's a parental responsibility issue, not a political freedom issue.

Find me one adult who believes a 4 year old should be allowed to drive, and I'll point you to dozens who believe a four year should be able to handle firearms.

I will agree with you about it being a parental responsibility issue; unfortunately the gun owners I know are also the least responsible parents I know.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bcs89 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:57 am

wack wack wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:"4 year olds are free to handle firearms and shoot siblings."

Find me one adult who believes a 4 year old should be allowed to drive, and I'll point you to dozens who believe a four year should be able to handle firearms.

I will agree with you about it being a parental responsibility issue; unfortunately the gun owners I know are also the least responsible parents I know.

Its stupid shit like this that makes real discussion on the subject so difficult.

WTF?
Show me the names of the dozens who think four year olds should be allowed to play with guns. Give me a link, anything.

So far as your opinion about gun owners and parenting - shut the fuck up. I'm for more strict gun laws, and can still admit that owning a gun does not make you an evil idiot (I know parents who are gun owners also). If you know people who allow their four year old to play with guns, have you reported them to the proper authorities? Give me their names, I will.

I call bullshit.
bcs89

Postby DCB » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:03 am

Easy access by people who are incapable of using them in a safe manner. Its not the AAA; its the Tavern League, etc. who block efforts to crack down on drunken driving.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:24 am

bcs89 wrote:So far as your opinion about gun owners and parenting - shut the fuck up. I'm for more strict gun laws, and can still admit that owning a gun does not make you an evil idiot (I know parents who are gun owners also). If you know people who allow their four year old to play with guns, have you reported them to the proper authorities? Give me their names, I will.

I call bullshit.

Owning a gun does not make one an evil idiot. However, the gun owners I know are by far the worst parents. The worst adults too, perfect examples of arrested development, the exact types who should not have them. The exact types who seem overwhelmingly attracted to them. Perhaps the problem isn't that gun owners make bad parents, rather bad parents are attracted to guns.

Call bullshit all you want. play with it, roll around in it, fuck yourself with it, do whatever you want with bullshit, it won't invalidate the truth of my experience.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:32 am

bcs89 wrote:Its stupid shit like this that makes real discussion on the subject so difficult.

By the way, the real reason we can't have a serious discussion about firearms is because one half of the discussion continues to believe that any firearm regulation is too much.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:38 am

And just a reminder to those who forget, or notice for those who don't know: I am a firearms owner. A former cowboy shooter with a SASS badge and name. I don't hate guns or the people who own them (any more than I hate everyone and everything), but I do believe in strict (much stricter) gun control.

I'm not a parent.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bcs89 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:27 pm

Well, there you go, all of the cowboy shooters I've met have been arrogant ass wipes with very biased/close minded world views - not to mention incredibly overinflated senses of self importance, as well as a general aura of dickishness about them. I have to admit though, not all seem to have the same fascination with bovine shit as you, though admittedly, I've never inquired.

So anyway, through out your multiple post reply, you've deftly avoided giving any of the proof asked for regarding this epidemic of four year old gunslingers – nor have you explained what appears to be your lack of action regarding child endangerment happening within your circle of friends.

Maybe, if you put just a bit of the energy your using to deride and demonize the other side, into trying to find a way to have a reasonable conversation about gun control, you might actually make progress in that direction. Or you could just continue to sit on the sidelines and throw insults, sweeping generalizations, and stupid accusations instead. I’m sure that will help to get some of the needed change in the gun control laws - sure it will.
bcs89

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines