MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, December 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 38.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Muhammed: false prophet, CHILD MOLESTER

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Do your own Web search for "Muhammed" and "Aisha" Then decide: Was Mohammed a child rapist pervert?

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes : 5

Muhammed: false prophet, CHILD MOLESTER

Postby Mike S. » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:19 pm

While the title may not be news to some, for a leading film-maker to be shot dead on the streets of Amsterdam is. He had set to short film the story of a girl Ayan Hirshi Ali -also under threat of death now - who had fled from Somalia to avoid being forced into a marriage with an old man that was to be consummated as soon as she first menstruated. This custom has been justified ever since the time of Muhammed because the "Prophet" himself had taken a 6-year old girl as a wife, and started having sex when he was 53 and she was 9 and begin menstruating. Appartently some Muslims deny the various "holy" texts supporting this and say that he may have busted her cherry when she was as old as 12, and claim that the relationship between Joseph and Mary involved a similar disparity of ages. Does it matter?

People have written off the Muslims as a minority religion, and have practically humored the willingness of Muslims to condone and support violence against critics of their religion, even as we expect people to be able to criticize Christianity or any other faith. Today people all over Holland are banging pots and pans and blowing horns and whistles, to say that they are not going to stay quiet any more. And from now on, every time the Muslims kill somebody else over his religious opinions, it's time to start pointing out that their "prophet" couldn't even remember the Old Testament (in the verse quoted by supporters of 9/11, he thought the Tower of Babel was in Egypt...) ... that his verses are so much repetition and garbled rehash of older scriptures ... that his followers don't even follow one religion, but a mishmash of outrageous tribal beliefs... and it's time for everyone to learn what I didn't know yesterday:

MUHAMMED WAS A CHILD RAPIST PERVERT!

Let freedom ring.
Mike S.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:48 am

It's just a cultural thing, you see.
Kind of like cutting out girls' clitorises.
Of all religions Islam tries the hardest to do what is impossible:
bind and wrestle consciousness to the ground.
Afraid of getting a hard-on, guys? Wrap the women in tarps.
I, too, Mike S, am tired of this PC tendency to forgive hideous crimes like rape, torture and murder because of one's culture or religion.
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Uncle Fester » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:52 am

Yeah, beating pots and pans ought to really show 'em (God willing).

I'm sure they'll think twice the next time they're sawing off someone's noggin (praise to Allah) with a knife.
Uncle Fester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Magill » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:11 pm

Let's see, Lot offered his two virginal daughters to a crowd of would-be rapists. He later slept with them in a drunken binge.

Abraham abandoned his son Ishmael and his concubine Hagar in the desert after his wife Sarah nagged him to do it.

The Bible says that if a virgin is raped in a city and doesn't cry out, she should be stoned to death. Bonus--if she's raped in the countryside, she gets to marry her rapist!

The point is, the Bible and the Qur'an were written for pastoral societies in very different times than today. I've heard the story of him marrying a 9 year old, but as far as I understood it, he didn't consumate the marriage until she was mature. The same thing happened to Catherine of Aragorn (Ferdinand and Isabella's daughter, married Henry VIII's older brother at a young age, he died, she married Henry saying that she and her previous husband didn't consumate their marriage) and many other European royalty.

Female circumcision is not called out for in the Qur'an--it's a cultural thing that predates Islam. There are 3 types. The least severe is most comparable to male circumcision--the hood of the clitoris is the only thing removed. The other two types invovle more cutting and removal of all or part of the clitoris. Speaking as a woman, none of the 3 sounds like it would be too fun, but neither does male circumcision and I'm not going to blame Islam for it.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/fem_cirm.htm
Magill
Forum Addict

Postby Marge » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:46 pm

Magill wrote:I've heard the story of him marrying a 9 year old, but as far as I understood it, he didn't consumate the marriage until she was mature. The same thing happened to Catherine of Aragorn (Ferdinand and Isabella's daughter, married Henry VIII's older brother at a young age, he died, she married Henry saying that she and her previous husband didn't consumate their marriage) and many other European royalty.

You also have to take into account that life expectancy was much shorter then, and 9 years old may have been considered adult.
Childhood is really a modern invention, it wasn't that long ago that people were expected to get to work helping support the family pretty much as soon as they could walk and talk.
Marge
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:10 pm

Marge wrote:
Magill wrote:I've heard the story of him marrying a 9 year old, but as far as I understood it, he didn't consumate the marriage until she was mature. The same thing happened to Catherine of Aragorn (Ferdinand and Isabella's daughter, married Henry VIII's older brother at a young age, he died, she married Henry saying that she and her previous husband didn't consumate their marriage) and many other European royalty.

You also have to take into account that life expectancy was much shorter then, and 9 years old may have been considered adult.
Childhood is really a modern invention, it wasn't that long ago that people were expected to get to work helping support the family pretty much as soon as they could walk and talk.

A lot of things are modern inventions which test our mettle:
Men have boinked kids; adolescence didn't even exist until the middle ages; human rights only began to be talked about in the early 1700's, etc etc.
There is a point at which we can all agree though----don't murder people against their will, don't rob people against their will, and don't fuck people against their will.
Kinda simple.
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby spacecase » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:43 pm

Magill wrote:Female circumcision is not called out for in the Qur'an--it's a cultural thing that predates Islam. There are 3 types. The least severe is most comparable to male circumcision--the hood of the clitoris is the only thing removed. The other two types invovle more cutting and removal of all or part of the clitoris. Speaking as a woman, none of the 3 sounds like it would be too fun, but neither does male circumcision and I'm not going to blame Islam for it.

They do more than that. They sometimes remove the entire outside of a woman or girl's genitalia. Everything, not just the clitoris. And sew her vagina shut until she's married. I'm not kidding. One big scar.

I think that the Unites States should offer any person who wishes to escape the threat of female genital mutilation political assylum. After all, they are being horrifically, painfully mutilated because of their sex.

I am not condoning male circumcision, but I think that to call female genital mutilation 'circumcision' is euphemism. It's mutilation. Children die. Mutilated women often later die in childbirth. It's so sick.
spacecase
Forum Addict

Postby Magill » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:57 am

I know about infibulation. It's an awful thing.

But you can't blame it on Islam.
Magill
Forum Addict

Return to Headlines