MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 50.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

What will become of Steve Bartman?

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Face down in ditch
10%
Talk show circuit/Book deals
30%
Federal Witness Protection Program
10%
Throws out the first pitch of the 2053 NLCS in the latest attempt to thwart the Curse
50%

Total votes : 10

Postby Eastsider » Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:28 am

What fate awaits this beleagered 26 year old Northbrookian?
Eastsider
Forum Addict

Postby Dulouz » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:47 am

I think that people should forgive and forget (that would do more to end "the curse" than anything). But a proper punishment would force him to attend only White Sox games for the next two seasons (and require him to attend every Bear and Bulls game this season). Okay, that might be going a bit far. . .
Dulouz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:02 pm

The guy did nothing wrong. Everyone around him rached for it. He reached for it. He just happens to look like a geek and everyone wants to pick on him.

What the Trib did was despicable. From what I understand they listed his home address, number, where he works, little league team. Why?? They shoud be sued.

He didn't drop an easy ground ball to short. He didn't walk two guys. He didn't give up hit after hit. He didn't let Wood pitch way past when he should have been out of there. Where were the other pitchers?? I didn't see them. He didn't blow two home games with one of the best pitchers(wood) and probably the best pitcher next year(prior) pitching.

I don't feel sorry for the fans. I feel sorry for that old woman with the Cubs hat, about 70, who they showed in inning 7, who looked so sad. I wish they had won it for her. Maybe next year.

They'll be back. Don't worry. They have 2 of the best pitchers in baseball. They'll be back.

Wood can hit. Whatever the Cubs do, don't make Wood into a right fielder and trade him to NY. Just don't! Trust me!
Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:36 am

Paco wrote:The guy did nothing wrong. Everyone around him rached for it. He reached for it. He just happens to look like a geek and everyone wants to pick on him.

What the Trib did was despicable. From what I understand they listed his home address, number, where he works, little league team. Why?? They shoud be sued.

He didn't drop an easy ground ball to short. He didn't walk two guys. He didn't give up hit after hit. He didn't let Wood pitch way past when he should have been out of there. Where were the other pitchers?? I didn't see them. He didn't blow two home games with one of the best pitchers(wood) and probably the best pitcher next year(prior) pitching.

I don't feel sorry for the fans. I feel sorry for that old woman with the Cubs hat, about 70, who they showed in inning 7, who looked so sad. I wish they had won it for her. Maybe next year.

They'll be back. Don't worry. They have 2 of the best pitchers in baseball. They'll be back.

Wood can hit. Whatever the Cubs do, don't make Wood into a right fielder and trade him to NY. Just don't! Trust me!

Amen, Paco. The world needs to get up off this guy... it embarasses me to be a Cubs fan and see the other fans' behavior toward him. The Cubs had 10-2/3 innings to recover from that and couldn't do it. Sure my heart broke but it sure the hell wasn't Steve Bartman breaking it.

And you're damned right Wood can hit... had the Cubs reached the World Series, I fully expected to see Wood batting for himself while our DH hit for one of those pathetic assholes behind the plate.

ww
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:22 pm

Thanks, wack. I was so bombed when I wrote that, I'm afraid to go back and read it.

I just can't leave this BartMan alone.

Top Ten Messages Left on the Answering Machine of the Cubs Fan Who Tried To Catch the Foul Ball in Game Six

10. "You owe me $7.50 for the beer I threw at you"

9. "'I'm with Century 21 -- heard you might be moving"

8. "Hey, I just got back in the country -- how was the game?"

7. "'Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get another shot at the World Series in 2098"

6. "This is Pete Rose. You cost me 50 G's, jackass!"

5. "Hey, it's Don Zimmer. Thanks for taking the heat off me"

4. "Hi, this is Mike from Hasbro. I'm calling to verify some information for your Trivial Pursuit question"

3. "Have you heard about Northfield Medical's great prices on cosmetic surgery?"

2. "Hey, it's Bill Buckner. Wanna hang out?"

1. "Rush Limbaugh here. Gimme a buzz if you need something to take the edge off"

and if Steve Bartman were alive 40 years, 31 days ago....

Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Re: What will become of Steve Bartman?

Postby bdog » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Bump
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking