MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, December 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 31.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Forgive me, Derrek Lee

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:50 pm

nevermore wrote:But seriously, there are a lot more of us Packer/Cub fans out there than you know. We can spot each other across rooms - living the life where we hate our fellow Cub fans during the football season and always being looked at crookedly by our fellow Packer fans when we start talking about baseball. It's very weird.

My whole family, minus one blacksheep uncle, is populated by Packer/Cub fans. It's due to my grandfather, who never forgave the Braves for leaving. His allegiance transferred to the next best thing--the Cubbies--and did not return to Beertown when the Pilots landed.

Therefore, the whole family of 9 kids (subtract one for previously mentioned Brewer fan uncle) grew up loving the Cubs with Dad. And the Packer loyalty is unwavering.

I've just come to like the Brewers in the last 3 or 4 years, seeing the moves they were making and the way their farm system was developing (and which is paying off now). I don't have a problem with the Cubs in any way. I still remember fondly the days of the Shawon-o-Meter.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking