MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, December 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 30.0° F  Light Snow
Collapse Photo Bar

Beware:Harbor Athletic Club raises rates of lifetime members

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Beware:Harbor Athletic Club raises rates of lifetime members

Postby beaner64 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:43 pm

Don't trust the ads or agreements by Harbor Athletic Club that says that once you become a continuous member your rates will not increase! Every "lifetime" member at Harbor Athletic Club received a letter "requesting" that they agree to a large jump in their membership fees. The "other option" is to not agree and lose your membership - not very good options. They try to smooth things over by saying that they no longer have different levels of membership and everyone now gets the same access to all classes. Several people I know can't figure out how this even applies to them.

My guess is that they aren't managing the resources and attracting new members like a well-managed gym should.

So, as you are shopping around for athletic clubs and Harbor tries to sell you on "your monthly membership won't increase if you remain a continuous, lifetime member." Don't believe them.
beaner64

Postby lexibles » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:37 pm

ours is a 96% increase. WTF!?!
lexibles

Postby GenericUsername » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:56 pm

lexibles wrote:ours is a 96% increase. WTF!?!

20% increase in my rates... must be the new lockers, new showers, new mats, new pilates balls and excercise bands, larger cardio areas, the complimentary toiletries in the locker rooms, the free towel upon entry, the cafe, the enhanced swimming facilities with the new salt filtration system for all the pools, the new 50-meter pool, the longer track that runs the inside perimeter of the property, the new roaming maintenance people during the peak times cleaning equipment and locker rooms and picking up trash, the larger spinning class area, the new personal entertainment systems on the cardio equipment, the new free weights in the weight room and cardio area, a second area for aerobics classes, adult-only hours and areas, and new kid's only room.....

...or, since most of the above was the dream I had... the increase could be for that single brand spanking new flat panel TV that alerts all members about what they already know from the mish-mash of board postings seen all over the place.

I will have to devise a way to get my 20% worth without taking up more time in my personal life.
GenericUsername

Re: Beware:Harbor Athletic Club raises rates of lifetime mem

Postby jackc » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:53 am

Now whats the latest rates are going... give me any idea.. :idea: :?: :roll:
jackc

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking