MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, December 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 32.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Packers vs. Cowboys on the NFL Network

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Postby Paco » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:54 am

nevermore wrote:And I need someone to straighten me out here: Was that Steve Marriucci or Mitt Romney?

What would Mitt Romney be talking to a guy from Mississippi for?
Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:17 pm

Marvell wrote:
buckyor wrote:The Packers have actually been on local TV (either network or ESPN) quite a bit here, so I haven't had to go to the tavern very often to see them this season. Last night we went to one of the handful of places in town with the NFL Network, and it was packed with people there to watch the game. About 2/3 rooting for the Pack (although most were I presume Pats fans). The place I was at had a band scheduled to start at ~ 9:30, but they delayed their start about 45 minutes and played sparingly until the game was over, around 11:30 or so. I was surprised at the level of interest in this game.

Why? Packer love is bad, it's nation-wide.

Didn't you catch the moment where the Dallas offense got charged with a noise-induced false-start penalty in their own stadium?

I'm sure that at that moment Jerry Jones's anal sphincter had never been more tightly clenched, nor his face frozen in a grimmer rictus.

I must have missed that play.

I'm surprised because usually when I go watch the Packers in the local saloon, I'm pretty much the only one watching that game. One thing I can say, though, is that unlike the Cowboys, the Bears, or (especially around here) the Colts, there's very little hate for the Packers. They're not the favorite of most, but just about everyone is cool with them.
buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:21 pm

jammybastard wrote:
TheBookPolice wrote:
jammybastard wrote:Their problem seems to be too many chiefs

That's great, jammy. But who are the "chiefs"?

Not sure what you mean, but I'll guess.
It's been my experience that people like Exec Producers, Producers, Production Managers, etc...

Sorry, I missed your reply. It was meant to be a joke, because one might have thought you were going for the "too many chefs spoil the broth" bit (as opposed to the "too many chiefs, not enough indians" line), and that you just misspelled "chefs."

Anyway, the punchline is here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSAXLayoMKI
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking