MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, March 5, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 5.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

FAVRE RETIRES

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Postby buckyor » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:23 am

O.J. wrote:
TheBookPolice wrote:
buckyor wrote:
TheBookPolice wrote:On what evidence are you Rodgers supporters basing your confidence in his ability?

I based my statement on three facts:

1. Rex Grossman.
2. Jon Kitna.
3. Tarvaris Jackson.

You got any facts better than those?

None of those guys are great quarterbacks. I totally agree with you. But right now, I'd take Kitna over Rodgers.

Still?

I suppose I need to swap Kyle Orton for Rex Grossman here. But I remain comfortable with my conclusion- that Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the division.

How well he stacks up against the rest of the league will be determined over the next 15 weeks. I think he'll come out just fine.
buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MeatStick » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:04 am

buckyor wrote:...I remain comfortable with my conclusion- that Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the division.

That's not saying much.

Rodgers IS playing very well right now, I hope it continues. He's certainly the top of the division right now, and a top 5 (to 7) in the NFL if he continues to play at this level. The line's doing a great job for him, and his recievers are helping him out.

2-0, I'm surprised.
MeatStick
Forum Addict

Postby MeatStick » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:49 am

Nothing like sweet reality kicking me square in the stones...

That game was tough to watch.
MeatStick
Forum Addict

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:59 am

C'mon was it really that bad? I thought the Pack played well enough. no big turnovers really. A couple of big plays by Dallas. Overall a pretty uneventful game. They got run all over but honestly Dallas is going to do that to most teams this year. That O Line is freaking huge. If we get them again in the playoffs hopefully we'll have worked out the bugs and have a better game plan. Not the end of the world. not by far.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:26 am

Yeah, it wasn't that bad. How many of us really thought the Packers are the most talented team in the NFL this year anyway? Dallas basically won the battle on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. We're still a draft or two away from being able to match that talent and depth.

I hate Dallas....but they have a mighty good team there. We'll be all right.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:29 pm

Dallas looked every bit as good as advertised.
Marion ran brutally through the middle and Felix around the end, pretty much at will.
The Packers did a decent job of piling on the tacklers but the Cowboys never wore down. Their O-line is great and made our DTs look really bad.
Rodgers seemed a bit conservative at times, willing to take the sack rather than chuck it like Brett would've. He did make some great passes though. Hard to tell what he was seeing cuz NBC too rarely gave us that nifty cable camera shot from behind him that showed the coverage.
It was great to see TO get shut up & down. Wish they could've done the same to Witten and Austin.
The Packers are good. No worries.

2 things I would'nt mind happening:
Peyton Manning twists cankle, misses 1 start.
Marion Barber flunks roid test, gets suspended.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MeatStick » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:33 pm

Yeah, they only lost by 11 points...

should have been a few more:

Barbar only had 142 yards.

Whitten was wide open the whole game.

...and as you mentioned, the Pack got blown off both sides of the ball all game.

Not that bad.

I especially liked that play in the third, when the ball got snapped an Romo noticed his left shoe was untied, the Pack only gave him enough time to tie it, not double-knot it before he had to get up and lob the ball to Whitten for yet another first down.

They did keep T.O. to two catches, which was a moral victory.

At least the Bears lost too.

supaunknown wrote:Rodgers seemed a bit conservative at times, willing to take the sack rather than chuck it like Brett would've. He did make some great passes though. Hard to tell what he was seeing cuz NBC too rarely gave us that nifty cable camera shot from behind him that showed the coverage.

Yeah, I thought he kinda froze a couple few times. Regardless, I thought he had a decent game.

I just hate the Cowgirls...
MeatStick
Forum Addict

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:11 pm

The game hasn't even started and I'm already sick of kornheiser. Can someone start a petition to get him out of my tv?
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:32 pm

fisticuffs wrote:The game hasn't even started and I'm already sick of kornheiser. Can someone start a petition to get him out of my tv?

Hopefully he'll make some more quasi-racial comments and get kicked back to annoying Mike Wilbon fulltime.
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 am

TheBookPolice wrote:Again, using the "at this very moment" gauge, no. But it's a long season.

Game. Set. Match.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3642616
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:18 am

Yep, that'll clinch it. Unfortunately, no one put anything on that bet. I can still win the o/u bet with Marvell.

This is why I don't wear a suit and speculate on Sunday mornings.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Re:

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:10 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:
Marvell wrote:
TheBookPolice wrote:I'll give you an over/under of 2.5 games that Green Bay finishes ahead of Detroit this coming season (again, assuming Brett stays retired). I'll take the under.

Oh, I'll take that.

That is, if you're talking actual money and not just squawking.

I'll move my tenspot worth of lovely beverages from the good Professor over to this wager. If you win, we can all go out and drink, except I'll be drinking on my own dime and mourning my loss of faith.

If my math is correct, Marvell's magic number is 1 to win this bet. 1 being either a Packers win or Lions loss.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Re:

Postby Marvell » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:57 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:If my math is correct, Marvell's magic number is 1 to win this bet. 1 being either a Packers win or Lions loss.

C'mon Bears!

Daddy needs booze...
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

"My thirst it wanted whiskey..."

Postby Marvell » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:06 pm

[*]Ahem[*].

I'll take that drink now.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Re: FAVRE RETIRES

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:56 pm

Wags still owes me that dime, but I'll make good on my debt. You know where to find me; let's set it up.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking