MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, January 31, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 25.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Favre cries his way to the Jets

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Favre cries his way to the Jets

Postby drinkinblackcoffee » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:59 pm

Have you ever had a girlfriend that drove you nuts but you kept dating because the sex was good?

Doesn't it alway turn out better to just cut your loses?

Good fucking riddance. He couldn't have been more of a whiny bitch. I know he's a legend and all, but fuck him. Fuck em' fuck'em fuck'em.
drinkinblackcoffee
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Madison

Re: Favre cries his way to the Jets

Postby Old School Johnny » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:37 am

drinkinblackcoffee wrote:Have you ever had a girlfriend that drove you nuts but you kept dating because the sex was good?


And now you're stuck with a new girlfriend who is not only a virgin, but a brittle stick. Good luck with that.

The Packers fucked up. And they know it.
Old School Johnny
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2001 1:40 pm

Re: Favre cries his way to the Jets

Postby magic moose » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:44 am

Old School Johnny wrote:
drinkinblackcoffee wrote:Have you ever had a girlfriend that drove you nuts but you kept dating because the sex was good?


And now you're stuck with a new girlfriend who is not only a virgin, but a brittle stick. Good luck with that.

The Packers fucked up. And they know it.


So did Favre.

The Jets are where QBs go to get battered. The most durable QB in history's going to get his clock cleaned behind that O-line. New system, new line, late sign. I hope this year's pay will cover the rehab he'll need after he goes down within the first 3 games.
magic moose
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1198
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:36 pm

Postby Shipley » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:52 am

In simulation, the Jets had the most to gain with Favre


Green & Gold stays on the cover of Madden

Image

Although EA Sports will probably shift him to the Jets in the first title update.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2090
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:13 am
Location: college park, md

Postby crevice beatle » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:55 am

The Packer's did fuck up but not likely as the Favreophiles seem to think they did.
He had a great year last year but how about the two seasons prior? He's in the dusk of his career. Now he gets sent over to the Jets, a team in the same division as the Patriots and I believe only went, what, 4-12 last year?
I find it highly unlikely Brett is able to bring the Jets to above .500.
Even if Rodgers stinks it up this year, I'm that people will be able to look at Favre's performance with the Jets when it's all said and done and be able to say "see, I told you so."
Time will tell.
crevice beatle
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:40 am

Postby jjoyce » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:39 am

Favre's indecisiveness and instability were what led to this, along with a new regime that took stock and said, "We don't need to deal with this anymore."

Maybe now Packer fans will realize that life doesn't revolve around the NFL, but I doubt it. Perspective has never been really big in and around Lambeau Field.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 12168
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:48 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby jammybastard » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:31 am

Shipley wrote:
Although EA Sports will probably shift him to the Jets in the first title update.


Not the cover....

"An EA representative has now confirmed to us that this will not be the case, and that the only cover of the game will be Favre in his Packers uniform."

http://au.sports.ign.com/articles/897/8 ... Sid=897102
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 5463
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2001 12:05 pm
Location: All Up In Your General Area

Postby Bwis53 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:35 am

I had to chuckle at that headline:

"Broadway Brett!"
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6496
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:39 pm
Location: Bay Creek

Postby Beer Moon » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:10 am

jjoyce wrote:Favre's indecisiveness and instability were what led to this, along with a new regime that took stock and said, "We don't need to deal with this anymore."

Maybe now Packer fans will realize that life doesn't revolve around the NFL, but I doubt it. Perspective has never been really big in and around Lambeau Field.


I guess you know different Packer fans than I do. The ones I know like watching the Pack, but their lives hardly revolve around it.

At any rate, I think Ted Thompson sucks. Favre is just a football player - I have no expectations for his behavior or statements. However, TT is part of management of a multi-million dollar organization. His PR skills and public behavior has been horrible. As it is, Packers management burned their bridges with Brett and thus parted ways. I think it could have been handled far more professionally - regardless of the outcome.
Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:08 pm

Postby Shipley » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:27 am

jammybastard wrote:
Shipley wrote:
Although EA Sports will probably shift him to the Jets in the first title update.


Not the cover....

"An EA representative has now confirmed to us that this will not be the case, and that the only cover of the game will be Favre in his Packers uniform."

http://au.sports.ign.com/articles/897/8 ... Sid=897102


by "title update" I was referring to the regular updates Madden and other games get online to balance the game, fix bugs, and reflect the current rosters.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2090
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:13 am
Location: college park, md

Postby boston_jeff » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:42 am

Beer Moon wrote:
jjoyce wrote:Favre's indecisiveness and instability were what led to this, along with a new regime that took stock and said, "We don't need to deal with this anymore."

Maybe now Packer fans will realize that life doesn't revolve around the NFL, but I doubt it. Perspective has never been really big in and around Lambeau Field.


I guess you know different Packer fans than I do. The ones I know like watching the Pack, but their lives hardly revolve around it.

At any rate, I think Ted Thompson sucks. Favre is just a football player - I have no expectations for his behavior or statements. However, TT is part of management of a multi-million dollar organization. His PR skills and public behavior has been horrible. As it is, Packers management burned their bridges with Brett and thus parted ways. I think it could have been handled far more professionally - regardless of the outcome.


Packer fans are crazy zealous that's what makes them great! Can't have it both ways, either its titletown or it isn't. And you are right about TT and the organization. The guy decides one time to unretire, and the Packers, and half of Packer and NFL fans turn on him. HE IS A LEGEND AND DESERVED A MULLIGAN. He has been a professional his entire career, and only complained when he thought he was getting a raw deal (he was). The Packers and their fans will regret this.

When cheaters like Roger Clemens decide multiple times to unretire and get prorated contracts its all good. Brett unretires once and as the best QB in Packers history is snubbed and called a whiny bitch by his supposed fans. Something isn't right here.

The Jets will be better, but forget the playoffs, and yes the Packers are overall a better team. I hope the Jets trade Favre to Minnesota or the Bears and the Packers (the organization) eat a shit sandwich.
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2603
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:41 pm
Location: Near East

Postby gargantua » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:44 am

jjoyce wrote:Favre's indecisiveness and instability were what led to this, along with a new regime that took stock and said, "We don't need to deal with this anymore."

Maybe now Packer fans will realize that life doesn't revolve around the NFL, but I doubt it. Perspective has never been really big in and around Lambeau Field.


Dude, what else do we have? Servicing the snowblower?
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 4486
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:30 pm
Location: Madison

Postby O.J. » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:10 am

boston_jeff wrote: I hope the Jets trade Favre to Minnesota or the Bears and the Packers (the organization) eat a shit sandwich.


Not gonna happen. I'm pretty sure there was a poison pill added to the trade that would require the Jets to surrender 3 #1 picks if Favre gets traded to Minnesota.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3026
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:13 am

Postby Logjam » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:24 am

These 2 sentences say a lot:

The Buccaneers and the Jets were the only two teams who sought permission from the Packers to speak to Favre. The Packers had contact with every team in the league to see if there was interest in Favre, but only drew feelers from those two.

From http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=780837
Logjam
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2002 5:59 pm

Postby boston_jeff » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:33 am

Logjam wrote:These 2 sentences say a lot:

The Buccaneers and the Jets were the only two teams who sought permission from the Packers to speak to Favre. The Packers had contact with every team in the league to see if there was interest in Favre, but only drew feelers from those two.

From http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=780837


You're buying that?
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2603
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:41 pm
Location: Near East

Next

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR
Created with flickr badge.

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar