MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, October 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 67.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Corey Hart!

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Could Corey Hart be any more useless right now?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Yes
No votes
No
67%
Like it matters, they're all incompetent except Ryan Braun
33%
Don't forget about Bill Strikeout ... Error ... Hall
No votes

Total votes : 3

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:02 pm

they didn't trade away the farm in order to get where they are now.

Correction they traded away about 1/11th of the farm. The Crew is LOADED with great prospects.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GenieU » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:21 pm

right bower wrote: punks. Leave it to bitter, hate-filled Brewer fans...

Thanks for the compliments! Makes my Friday!

It was obvious to me earlier this season that the Brewers were quite a few sandwiches short of a Picnic...No relief pitching, no small ball, suspect feilding...I could go on...They are lucky to be where they are-even now.

Your Cubs, on the other hand, are gonna break a lot of hearts if they blow this one so soon.
GenieU
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Right Bower » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:19 pm

nevermore wrote:
Right Bower wrote:
GenieU wrote:Personally, I'm taking solace in the Cubs fucking up right along with the Brewers...

At home where they couldn't lose during the season. And with the best record NL record.

My expectations for the Brewers were for them to pretty much do what they're doing. However, the Cubs should, once again, be ashamed. But they won't be. And everyone will talk about how great next year is going to be.

Back atcha, punks. Leave it to bitter, hate-filled Brewer fan to spin getting swept out of the playoffs into a victory for lowered expectations. At least if it happens to my team tomorrow, I won't feel solace in anything other than the knowledge that at least the Cubs' key components will be back to re-defend the division title and that they didn't trade away the farm in order to get where they are now.

I agree on all counts.

I won't feel solace in anything other than your Cubs will blow it again next season.

Increase the payroll.

Build more bleacher seats.

Throw more rooftop parties.

Talk about how great next year will be.

The results will always be the same; they will blow it.
Right Bower
Forum Addict

Postby nevermore » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:29 am

And they say the Bleacher Bums at Wrigley have no class...
nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wallrock » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:20 am

boston_jeff wrote:As a Red Sox fan, I am kind of pulling for the Cubs to do it. Those 2 ALDS down 0-2, the 2004 ALCS 0-3, and even last year vs. Cleveland in the ALCS were all great series that epitomized the drama of October baseball. Cubs could add some intrigue to this post-season. Or they could get swept, or in classic Cubs/formerly Red Sox fashion bring the fans to the brink in the final game and screw it up royally. We'll see.

As a Cubs fan I've always employed some form of misguided optimism and this year's no different. I was saying the same thing to my grandmother yesterday, who has basically gone into "Wait 'Til Next Year" mode. My argument was, given all the press on The Curse and 100 years, the Cubs have got to take a page from the Red Sox playbook and stage some form of miraculous comeback just to make it even the more memorable. Lemonade out of lemons, right? Of course if tonight does not go well I'll skip the mixer and go straight up with the vodka. Death's Door - it seems appropriate.
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Frank Booth » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:50 pm

bump
Frank Booth
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking