MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, October 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 42.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Say it ain't so, Brett...

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Say it ain't so, Brett...

Postby dstol62 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:03 am

I love it when major media outlets run pieces like this without naming an exact source for the info. Good job, Foxsports:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/app ... s=d&page=1
dstol62
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:18 am

Jay Glazer's a fucking tool. I don't buy it.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby meowzamusic » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:44 am

yeah, didn't the Packers actually win that game?
meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Re:

Postby crevice beatle » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:41 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Jay Glazer's a fucking tool. I don't buy it.

While I am not familiar with Jay Glazer and I trust in your ability to spot a tool, I am not feeling ready to dismiss the accusations. We know Brett called this report something along the lines of "a bunch of B.S.". We also know that when breaking news originally came through concerning his retirement, he referred to that as "just a rumor." The head coach of the Lions isn't flat out denying it like Brett is. Also, remember that Favre wanted to be traded to the Vikings, not only because of them being considered competitive at the time, but also because it would give him a chance to compete against his former team. All these things combined really do not make the accusations all that unbelievable.

On a side note, if this is indeed true, it reminds me of professional wrestling. Not sure which cultural elitists out there want to fess up to watching the WWF back in the 80s - but - Favre is such an iconic hero in Wisconsin, to see him go to another team and then possibly assist the Lions with information to beat the Pack; It just feels like when one of your favorite wrestlers "turns bad" and you start to root against him.
crevice beatle
Forum Addict

Re: Say it ain't so, Brett...

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:45 pm

That would be "turns heel," if we're really talking WWF/E wrestling here.

Glazer's a tool because he's so friggin' indignant about his "breaking news." See: "1000% certain" in response to criticism of his coverage of this story.

Chris Mortensen and Peter King don't get whiny when people complain about their on-background news stories. Glazer does.

The way the story has developed has me at least concerned that it's true. But I'm still not taking it at face value.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking