MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, September 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 45.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Brooks Bollinger sighting!

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Brooks Bollinger sighting!

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:24 am

Okay, not a sighting, but a prominent mention from ESPN's John Clayton on SportsCenter this morning. The Dallas Cowboys are wondering if Brad Johnson can get it done, and Clayton stated that Bollinger's a definite in-game option if the offense is languishing. He wouldn't start, but could see playing time this coming week.

Of course, that's against the defending Super Bowl champions and voracious defenders, the New York Giants. Our man Brooks may have some soaking to do this time next week.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Brooks Bollinger sighting!

Postby EastSideTom » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:20 am

A similar prominent mention is in the Sports section of today's Wisconsin State Journal. I underestimated the creepiness of rooting for the Jets after all these years, and now I might have a reason to root for the Cowboys? Eew.
EastSideTom
Forum Addict

Postby wallrock » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:11 pm

EastSideTom wrote:A similar prominent mention is in the Sports section of today's Wisconsin State Journal. I underestimated the creepiness of rooting for the Jets after all these years, and now I might have a reason to root for the Cowboys? Eew.

Kind of like when he played for the Vikes last year. I personally prefer to watch Sorgi living life on the Indy bench.
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:14 pm

Yeah I was at that Vikes game last year and let me tell you Brooks on the field in now way made me want to root for them. You can carry on hating the Cowboys.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:39 am

fisticuffs wrote:Yeah I was at that Vikes game last year and let me tell you Brooks on the field in now way made me want to root for them. You can carry on hating the Cowboys.

Agreed. I will hate the Cowboys no matter what. I will hope that Brooks plays well and the Cowboys lose for some other reason, hopefully something that gets one of their stars banned from playing in the NFL for the rest of the year.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:21 pm

And here's the thing about Bollinger: He sucks. I root for the guy and was a big fan when he was at the UW, but his ability to play at NFL speed is highly dubious.

Plus, he's fragile. I wonder who would take snaps if they ended up losing Johnson and Bollinger in the same game.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking