MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, January 25, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 21.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Fire Coach Barf Bulimia?

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Fire Coach Barf Bulimia?

Postby JohnnyBlood » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:24 pm

Isn't it time to fire Coach Barf Bulimia? In addition to his poor coaching this year and evidence that the man lacks the ability to recruit blue chip athletes and keep in-state prospects, he is beginning to make a mockery of himself when he is "out on the town" if you know what I mean.

Everyone thinks Madison is a big city; it is nothing more than a big small town and I'm sure there are others who have heard the stories. A man who is so arrogant that he feels he can go out on the town and make a fool of himself in public and act much more like an 18-year old athlete than like the head coach of a Division I NCAA football program either needs to be put on a very, very short leash and/or booted out of town (especially when he has the tattoo of a Hawkeye on his posterior end).

BTW, without going into specifics, I can personally substantiate two of the stories hitting the streets. As for the other, do a blog search and the evidence they present all adds up, especially when factored in with his track record. Seriously, the man needs to go right after they lose their bowl game.
Last edited by JohnnyBlood on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JohnnyBlood
Senior Member
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:30 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Fire Coach Barf Bulemia?

Postby MeatStick » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:51 am

I was wondering when this would hit the forum, and I have to say (without regard to the personal behavior - which I really don't know about) that you seem to be right on.

To be honest, I never really understood what Barry saw in him, but trusted Barry's judgment as - he's Barry.

In my opinion, quick and decisive action needs to be taken before Wisconsin looses what's left as its credibility as a consistent top 25 team. He's not getting it done; Football is an enormous generator of capital for all Wisconsin sports and the school. He needs to go. The fact that you say he's an ass in public doesn't factor into it for me - he could be the best dude in the world, and he's still not getting it done.

Send him back to Iowa.
MeatStick
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:15 pm

Re: Fire Coach

Postby supaunknown » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:54 pm

Sadly, I agree. It doesn't seem like he's got the right stuff. The last of the Barry sheen has finally worn off and exposed BB as a pretender.
It feels kinda weird to advocate for some non-politico to lose their jerb, but that's the cold hard nature of jobs in the public eye and big-time athletics.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 5578
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:22 pm

Re: Fire Coach Barf Bulemia?

Postby MeatStick » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:43 pm

"It's not personal, it's business."
MeatStick
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:15 pm

Re: Fire Coach Barf Bulemia?

Postby JohnnyBlood » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:03 pm

He is an ambassador of the University of Wisconsin and the state. If he was a student athlete and he pulled that same kind of stuff the university would have had him summarily removed from the team (and possibly worse).

He is supposed to lead by example and he is doing a horrible job of doing so. What's worse is his overly inflated ego. Clearly the man thinks he is immune from prosecution and public persecution. And while Madison's press won't write about it, I am free to do so and will continue to do so until either he is gone or his pig-headed and sophomoric actions cease. It is not slander or libel when it is true. And I am so close to two incidents I have all the facts I need to prove they are true. And that's only TWO incidents that I know of. I'm sure there are dozens more.

Either Barry needs to fire him or put him on a very short leash. I would prefer that he be fired. If not, so be it...but his neanderthal public displays better stop. And if it doesn't I am confident there will be a lot more people asking for Barry's head this time next year, too.

Frankly, even if his team was undefeated I would want him gone after knowing what I know. His poor coaching this season and horrible recruiting just make it that much easier. Perhaps if he spent more time in the coach's office and less time doing what he's doing the team might perform better.
JohnnyBlood
Senior Member
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:30 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Fire Coach Barf Bulemia?

Postby jjoyce » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:07 pm

I think that under any circumstance, you have GOT to give him one more year. First of all, in a down season, he's still got his team going to a bowl. If you've got fans yelling that the sky is falling, but you're still going to a bowl, it's not THAT bad. See Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan State, Indiana and even Illinois (!) for how bad things can get.

Second, UW does not need to be a school that quickly dismisses coaches, particularly if the fans want someone good to come in and replace Bielema. Guys with good resumes are going to want to come to a program that will make a commitment and Wisconsin needs to be that. The fans need to make Bielema's boss aware of their problems (be they on field or off) and hold everyone to a standard of improvement. If that isn't met, then everyone knows where he stands.

Finally, this isn't Bielema's fault and it isn't even Alvarez's. It's the athletic board's for not showing proper authority in overseeing Bielema's hiring. Barry hired Bielema without going through proper procedures and once the board allowed Alvarez to do that, they lost a ton of authority and credibility. They all but turned over the keys to the whole operation. And this chancellor they brought in can't touch Alvarez.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 12168
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:48 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Fire Coach Barf Bulemia?

Postby supaunknown » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:14 pm

JohnnyBlood wrote:BTW, without going into specifics, I can personally substantiate two of the stories hitting the streets.

Can you verify (as in, "I, anonymous forum guy, sawr it with my own two eyes") the incident that allegedly occurred at the Dry Bean?
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 5578
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:22 pm

Re: Fire Coach Barf Bulimia?

Postby JohnnyBlood » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:17 pm

Sorry, this IS Barf Bulimia's fault. The man can't coach, he can't recruit, and he is making an ass out of himself and the university just about every time he hits the streets and "does his thing."

Barry was successful by building a wall around Wisconsin and keeping Wisconsin's best players. Bulimia tore that down in less than two years. Now he thinks by going to places like Florida, Texas, and California to recruit players he can win a national championship. What a bunch of malarkey! Do you think a kid in those states who has a chance to play at Texas, Florida, Florida State, USC, etc. isn't going to play at any of those schools first? In other words we get all of those state's REJECTS and lose much of the talent in Wisconsin, Illinois, and Minnesota to our direct competitors. This year's squad is what you get as a result. He is foolish. And that says nothing about how he has this team prepared (or not prepared as the case may be) or how he coaches (or doesn't).

Throw in his extracurricular antics and the man should be dismissed immediately. There are a lot of good coaches who are going to be available this year. Another year of Coach Barf Bulimia and you can count on this team going back to the cold age and many more problems off campus. Guaranteed. You heard it here first.
Last edited by JohnnyBlood on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
JohnnyBlood
Senior Member
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:30 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Fire Coach Barf Bulemia?

Postby JohnnyBlood » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:22 pm

supaunknown wrote:
JohnnyBlood wrote:BTW, without going into specifics, I can personally substantiate two of the stories hitting the streets.

Can you verify (as in, "I, anonymous forum guy, sawr it with my own two eyes") the incident that allegedly occurred at the Dry Bean?


SEE! No, incident #1 occurred at a quiet country establishment outside of Madison where inexplicably the man thought he would be anonymous. I am close friends to the person who worked that night and there is independent corroborating evidence. Incident #2 occurred at an establishment in Monona. And I am friends with the target of that incident. I can not corroborate incident #3, but according to a blog online it occurred at the Governor's Mansion of all places. I guess your incident #4 occurred at the Dry Bean.

I guarantee that if I know first-hand about two of these incidents, there are dozens more.
Last edited by JohnnyBlood on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JohnnyBlood
Senior Member
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:30 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Fire Coach Barf Bulimia?

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:24 pm

I hate to be the wet blanket that says it, but "Barf Bulimia" costs you almost all of your credibility as a newsbreaker.

What little cred you have left has been spent by virtue of the fact that you're so "close" to the same social scenes as this person you so loathe.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 8432
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East

Re: Fire Coach Barf Bulimia?

Postby JohnnyBlood » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:27 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:I hate to be the wet blanket that says it, but "Barf Bulimia" costs you almost all of your credibility as a newsbreaker.

What little cred you have left has been spent by virtue of the fact that you're so "close" to the same social scenes as this person you so loathe.


LOL! You know nothing about me. What if I told you that I don't drink? Because I don't. That's a fact. And I didn't know one could lose their credibility by eating at a restaurant or having a beer at a bar in Wisconsin. If so the entire City of Madison would exempted from testifying.

And I don't loathe him. I just think (1) he should be fired, or (2) made to stop. Why are you defending him?
JohnnyBlood
Senior Member
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:30 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Fire Coach Barf Bulimia?

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:33 pm

Belima is the spoiled rich kid who got the keys to daddy's Beemer then proceeded to wrap it around a tree. I guess one more year just based on the "Down Year" theory but seriously this team hasn't looked like they even care that they are way under performing and that's the coaches fault.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 7872
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison

Re: Fire Coach Barf Bulemia?

Postby supaunknown » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:34 pm

JohnnyBlood wrote:I guarantee that if I know first-hand about two of these incidents, there are dozens more.

Thing is, you don't know of any these incidents first-hand. You admit not witnessing them personally, dig?
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 5578
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:22 pm

Re: Fire Coach Barf Bulimia?

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:36 pm

JohnnyBlood wrote:Why are you defending him?

Oh, I'm not defending him at all. I have no opinion on rumor and hearsay, and I don't think he's done either a good enough job to merit automatic retention, or a bad enough job to merit in-contract termination. It's an open discussion on the future of his employment status.

No, I'm simply engaging in a couple logical fallacies against credibility because I think schoolyard name-calling is just about the lamest fucking way you could form or frame an argument against anyone or anything.

If you actually want to talk about serious issues, do it seriously. Barf fucking Bulimia is childish and a waste of intellectual attention.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 8432
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East

Re: Fire Coach Barf Bulimia?

Postby bluethedog » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:45 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:If you actually want to talk about serious issues, do it seriously. Barf fucking Bulimia is childish and a waste of intellectual attention.

Bret Feelemup is more apropos to the story I heard.
bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1375
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:49 am
Location: West side

Next

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR
Created with flickr badge.

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar