MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, September 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 60.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Fire Coach Barf Bulimia?

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Re: Fire Coach Barf Bulimia?

Postby JohnnyBlood » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:51 pm

There is no ulterior motive here. I am a fan of the red and white and that aside I want what's best for the university, even if it means the football program has a losing record. Although I would prefer a winning one, too. Call me what you want; I don't care. I just think he should be fired and/or stopped from acting the way he does. It is not professional and it is a stain on the university and the state.

I'll leave it at that. I've written enough already. I just wish it would end one way or another.

Discuss amongst yourselves.
Last edited by JohnnyBlood on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnnyBlood

Re: Fire Coach Barf Bulemia?

Postby JohnnyBlood » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:55 pm

supaunknown wrote:
JohnnyBlood wrote:I guarantee that if I know first-hand about two of these incidents, there are dozens more.

Thing is, you don't know of any these incidents first-hand. You admit not witnessing them personally, dig?

Agreed. I stand corrected. But I am still close enough to both incidents to know what happened. And that said, I haven't exactly said what occurred. But if I did, and you too had the facts, you probably would feel the same way.

And still, he's a bad coach.
JohnnyBlood

Postby supaunknown » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:08 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:If you actually want to talk about serious issues, do it seriously. Barf fucking Bulimia is childish and a waste of intellectual attention.

Yeah. This whole thing just smacks of "anonymous internet smear campaign" with little substance.

JB, how 'bout some names, dates, locations, etc.? Ya know, stuff that might be investigated further by a local weekly ...

I still stand by my armchair assessment of BB though. Let him go. Why prolong the inevitable?
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stomach » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:08 pm

Everybody remember the "Barry knocked up a cheerleader story" from several years ago? I don't remember if that came after a mediocre season but I think it did.
Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:14 pm

I don't remember if that came after a mediocre season but I think it did

I don't remember too many mediocre seasons under Barry. I remember them meeting or exceeding expectations year after year. Maybe that's part of the problem. Maybe they were never that good just Barry but honestly I don't remember an offensive line that did anything but dominate. Regardless of what we had on D or in the passing game the Badgers could run it on anybody any day anytime. That has surely been lost under Mr. Bulemia.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Frank Booth » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:18 pm

I think the one thing we all can agree on is that he has a very square head (accentuated by his hair) and a very pointy nose, and that these things make me laugh.
Frank Booth
Forum Addict

Postby jjoyce » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:55 pm

If there's no evidence of anything untoward happening, then how can it be embarrassing to the University?

Here's what I know: Bielema makes a lot of money and sometimes drives a copper Corvette convertible around town with the music on pretty loud. He's a pure jock who has learned his trade at places like Iowa and Kansas State, where people put far too much emphasis on football. As a result, he has a high opinion of himself.

All of those things lead to resentment which, when coupled with an underachieving season, leads specifically to stuff like this. As far as I'm concerned, the football coach at Wisconsin ought to be judged by his record of graduating players, winning games and filling seats. Anything he does on his own time, as long as it's not breaking the law, is his business.

And if you're inclined to make anonymous insinuations about the guy (C'mon... a friend at some place in Monona saw something?), then you've maybe got some issues of your own that should take a higher priority.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:03 pm

You guys are way behind the curve.

I myself have long been visiting this site regarding another Big Ten team.

I can only wonder why this hasn't been updated since Saturday? Maybe they figure their work is done?
buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:30 pm

Isthmus already did a story on that guy. He's gotten enough pub.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:59 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:

Isthmus already did a story on that guy. He's gotten enough pub.

I'm not promoting the guy or his site; simply pointing out that once you run into some hard times, there will always be someone looking to fire your ass.

Rich Rod has at least two such sites.
buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:55 am

Sorry, I was too dry there. I'm not assigning any intention to you. I'm implicating Johnny in a little bit of lookatme-itis, with his "I know guys who know guys" indictments, by saying that Firebretbielema Guy immediately backed off the demand saying that he, too, just wants what's best for UW. Now he just soaks up the web traffic. And here we are, still discussing this issue in terms of Johnny's silly thread.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby JohnnyBlood » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:45 pm

This matter is not at all silly and is serious enough for anyone who is not already a shill for the university.

If it was a member of the UW marching band committing the same egregious acts off campus the university would launch an immediate investigation and the Wisconsin State Journal would be calling for his immediate ouster. When a student in the marching band does something like this they are called "juvenile" and "immature." And at their age I suppose they are. But when full-fledged adult pulls something like this people turn their heads and look the other way. What a huge double standard for such a liberal university.

Throw in the fact that he proved himself to be a miserable coach and a lousy recruiter so far, the man should go.
Last edited by JohnnyBlood on Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnnyBlood

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:49 pm

The incident at The Bean did happen and I happen to know that there was an effort to cover it up. Not a "Outing a CIA agent" level cover up or anything but a don't talk about this or you'll never play here again cover up.

I do think he should be held to at least somewhat similar standard as the players he coaches.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stomach » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:11 pm

fisticuffs wrote:The incident at The Bean did happen and I happen to know that there was an effort to cover it up. Not a "Outing a CIA agent" level cover up or anything but a don't talk about this or you'll never play here again cover up.

So, something happened at The Bean and the only witnesses are UW students or players or others who can be intimidated by the UW Athletic Department?

Was it during a Cherry Pie show?
Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:50 pm

My sources are the band and their light and sound crew. They were threatened. I've personally seen him there several times with a rather large entourage of younger ladies but never saw him make an ass of himself. None of that really matters. There have been several incidents of less than Big Ten Football Coach like behavior. Yet if a player is just in the wrong place at the wrong time they lose everything.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking