MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, August 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 80.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Whither Dan Patrick?

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Re: Whither Dan Patrick?

Postby jjoyce » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:17 pm

So is this it after Jan. 1?

1070 AM:
Lucas and Lepay: daily from 6 - 8 am
Dan Patrick: 8 am - 11 am
Rome: 11 am - 2 pm
Badger thing: 2 - 3 pm
Heller/Murphy: 3 - 6 pm (?)

100.5 FM:
Mike & Mike: 6 - 9 am
Cowherd: 9 am - 12 pm
Van Pelt/Tirico: 12 pm - 3 pm
Homer: 3 pm - 6 pm
Badger thing: 6 pm - 7 pm
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:03 pm

jjoyce wrote:Rome: MIckey's Malt Liquor (fun while you're drinking, but you regret it after)

It's also what the kids were drinking ten years ago and maybe they still are - I've moved on a bit.

Funny thing is that I mostly stopped listening to sports talk radio when The Mic made it on air. And the most unnerving thing for me was to hear Rome on FM. It just doesn't fit. My years with him were either on AM or over low-speed Internet (back when 1070 didn't carry all four hours - yes, the show used to be four hours). So I might start listening to him again now that he's back on AM.

I've also sometimes heard Lucas/Lepay and they're solid. I've tried listening to the others and Dan Patrick was only good when he regularly had Keith Olbermann on. At any rate, all those talking heads/drinks are way better than the wine cooler that was The Fabulous Sports Babe. Un. Fucking. Listenable.
nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:09 pm

massimo wrote:For my money (none), Boers and Bernstein out of Chicago (WSCR 670) is the best show on sports radio. Of course, you have to listen to talk about the Bearse and Cubs and Sox, though.

And I forgot about this - but that's because I only listen to The Score during baseball season. It used to drive mrs. nevermore nuts when I'd drive her to work listening to Mike North in the morning. He's entertaining in small doses but someone should have taught him that it's not necessary to be a sexist and homophobic pig in order to succeed in sports talk.
nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:51 am

nevermore wrote:And I forgot about this - but that's because I only listen to The Score during baseball season. It used to drive mrs. nevermore nuts when I'd drive her to work listening to Mike North in the morning. He's entertaining in small doses but someone should have taught him that it's not necessary to be a sexist and homophobic pig in order to succeed in sports talk.

Yeah, North sucked ass. However, you'll note the past tense-- he's thankfully no longer with The Score.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:39 am

nevermore wrote:it's not necessary to be a sexist and homophobic pig in order to succeed in sports talk.

But only if you have actual talent.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:27 pm

jjoyce wrote:I can't wait for Kornheiser to drop off Monday Night Football so he can return to radio, his true calling, full time.

Unfortunately, Dan Levy reports that TK will not be returning for another 6-month stint on radio. Looks like he hasn't gotten fired from MNF yet after all.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking