MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Tuesday, October 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 40.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Packers 2009

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Re: Packers 2009

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:47 am

The 'ol gunslinger pulled one out of his arse yesterday.

He sure looked tired at the end.

The 'ol gunslinger better not fire any in the direction of Charles Woodson on Monday. I honestly don't know where these teams stand. GB has been inconsistent although the Bengals beating the defending champs makes me feel a little better about that loss. The ViQueens played the lowly Lions and the awful Browns and didn't really look that dominating in either game and then pulled this one straight out of Favre's ass. Going to be interesting.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:15 am

The 'Niners dropped about three sure INTs.

And their "prevent" defense prevented a win for them yesterday.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:47 am

Week four is when confidence starts becoming a thing in a football season. Those who are 3-0 have it, those who are 0-3 don't. Everybody else is still trying to figure it out.

Speaking of Woodson, he said he doesn't think St. Louis is a very good team and since GB barely beat them, he's not pleased with where the team is right now.

Think anyone in the Vikings locker room is saying anything like that?

As for Favre, not many guys make that throw, yet Packer nation is considering it lucky today. Was it ever lucky when Favre was throwing those kinds of passes in a Packer uniform? Add Greg Lewis to a long list of mediocre receivers who Favre has made look very, very good (I'm looking at you, Antonio Freeman). But Favre isn't the guy GB has to worry about most. Their 3-4 will be tested vs. Adrian Peterson.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:51 pm

Shouldn't there be a Vikings 2009 thread for this discussion? Because I'm not seeing much talk about the Packers.
nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:27 pm

Week four is when confidence starts becoming a thing in a football season.

Well I'm confident old #4 will be running for his life and throwing footballs to the more familiar green jerseys.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:29 pm

nevermore wrote:Shouldn't there be a Vikings 2009 thread for this discussion? Because I'm not seeing much talk about the Packers.

It's called therapy. It's like finding out your girlfriend left you for an interior designer. Ya gotta talk it out.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:30 pm

fisticuffs wrote:
Week four is when confidence starts becoming a thing in a football season.

Well I'm confident old #4 will be running for his life and throwing footballs to the more familiar green jerseys.

While I hope you're right, because based on what I've seen the Vikings will win the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball, and thus the game.

I'm not convinced we can stop the Viking running game enough to even make old #4 HAVE to throw. Won't get many picks if all he does is hand the ball off.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Need:
offensive linemen
safety

TT needs to start making calls and get some trades going. If he doesn't, Aaron Rodgers isn't going to make it through the season alive. Give up a couple high draft picks for 2-3 tough guys that can anchor the line for years.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:21 pm

TT needs to start making calls and get some trades going.

I'd start with Al Davis.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:28 pm

Oooh wonder what it would take to get Joe Thomas out of Cleveland? There all but hopeless at this point right? Trades like this just dont happen in football though. expect the Pack to sign a few no names and maybe snag some third stringer off another team and just try to patch things up for the rest of the year.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:36 pm

TT is an idiot jerk, so start praying, folks.
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:03 pm

TT is an idiot jerk, so start praying, folks.

Why is that? Favre? You think he would have been any better than Rodgers last night if he was behind our offensive line? Think he would have made a difference last year?
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:38 pm

As last night displayed, the whole Favre/Rodgers thing is just a side show that has obscured the fact that Thompson's work building the rest of the team has not been so hot. Favre's still got it; Rodgers will be fine if he's not ground up into itty bitty pieces due to the team's non-existent offensive line.

Thompson's an idiot jerk for the way he went about jettisioning a state legend and future Hall of Famer. He's kind of a crappy GM besides that point.
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:43 pm

Thompson's work building the rest of the team has not been so hot.

I don't know about that. There were a few key injuries that swayed this one. The team is good.

He's an idiot jerk for deciding to jettision Favre,

Again. Seems like this is where the line gets drawn. FACT: Favre retired. Deciding to move on after someone retires is not in any way "jettisoning" anyone. Be upset that we didn't TAKE HIM BACK when he changed his mind but please don't pretend like the guy didn't quit. He did. No matter how many times he un-retires the reason he's not still in Green and Gold is becasue he said no.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:08 am

The west coast offense can operate very effectively with middling receivers and running backs. But it can't work with a crappy O-line. Rodgers can't make the reads he needs to make if he's running for his life. This is why the left tackle has become the highest paid position in football.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking