MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 50.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Your 2011 Milwaukee Brewers!

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Re: Your 2011 Milwaukee Brewers!

Postby O.J. » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:04 am

Abdul wrote:As for the Rangers, I have my doubts about the Cards' chances as they are awfully good and have three left handed starters. But if this turns out to be our year, then its our year. But for crying out loud, try to stay neutral if you can rather than root for a team that puts W in the box seats.

Speaking of W...

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

William O. DeWitt, Jr. (born August 31, 1941) is an American businessman and currently the managing partner and chairman of the St. Louis Cardinals. He served on the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board during the George W. Bush administration

Also,

http://info.tpj.org/pioneers/william_dewitt.html
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Abdul » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:38 am

Looks like this Cardinal-Brewer thing is going big time, fine with me. To quote the great Randy Newman "Oh, its lonley at the top."
Abdul

Postby city2countrygal » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:10 am

Oh Brawny, no, 50-game suspension, say it isn’t so.

A spokesperson for Braun on Saturday issued the following statement:
There are highly unusual circumstances surrounding this case which will support Ryan’s complete innocence and demonstrate that there was absolutely no intentional violation of the program. While Ryan has impeccable character and no previous history, unfortunately, because of the process we have to maintain confidentiality and are not able to discuss it any further, but we are confident that he will ultimately be exonerated.

Can someone please explain what the situation might be where he didn’t know what was going on?
I’d really like to believe it. I love the Brewers.
city2countrygal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Abdul » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:01 pm

My guess is that Braun will claim the "tainted supplement" defense. He will claim that took an approved supplement that was somehow tainted at the factory. Not likely, but not impossible. However, the MLB contract clearly states that you are totally responsible for anything you take, even if it contained something that was not on the label.

It is unusual for an Anglo ballplayer to get caught these days. There are lots of Latin players getting cuaght in the minors becuase there are a host os bad supplements being pushed in the Dominican and other places that will fail to pass muster.

It is hard for we fans to tell if Braun, or any other player testing positive for the first time was really stung by some bad supplement or finally ran out of luck and got caught.

I don't like players taking PED's and believe in testing and suspensions, etc. However, it is hard to hate a player who is an otherwise upstanding citizen and (if intentional) was only doing something to help improve his preformance and help the team. Really, because it Braun's case he already has a long term contract and won't see any personal benefit beyond advancing in the playoofs.
Abdul

Postby Crockett » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:50 pm

Abdul wrote:Really, because it Braun's case he already has a long term contract and won't see any personal benefit beyond advancing in the playoofs.

Ha. And sponsorships. Which he can now kiss goodbye...
Crockett
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking