MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, October 26, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 46.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Your 2011 Milwaukee Brewers!

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Re: Your 2011 Milwaukee Brewers!

Postby pjbogart » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:26 pm

St. Louis may be hot right now, but I think I'm happy they won their series. It's not just a home field advantage thing (which I think is far less meaningful in baseball than in other sports) but a more general observation that I think overall the Phillies were probably the more talented team. I predict the Brewers will win the NLCS in 6 and, with the Yankees also gone, have a good shot at winning it all this year.

I'd like to see Aaron Rodgers visit the Brewers locker room for a pep talk. Bring a second World Championship to Wisconsin this year. And then maybe head over to Camp Randall and talk to the boys about their need to focus over the next few weeks as they face Michigan State and Ohio State on the road.

What's Bo Ryan got cookin' for us?
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:44 pm

Beaver wrote:The Hammering Hebrew hit the winning home run last night. First title in 29 years. Talk about a long dry spell. Too bad they won't get past the Phillies.

Yeah, what a shame...... :wink:
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby doppel » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:29 pm

Tony LaRussa talks about the "character" of his veteran team. Then he plunks Fielder the first pitch after Braun's HR. Fuck you, Tony, you spit\shit of Cardinal puke.
doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby city2countrygal » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:51 pm

I sincerely hope Marcum does better tonight than last Tues in AZ. They rocked it last night! Yuni B was my personal pick for player of the game last night.

Anyone think they can take 4 straight, even with the 2nd half in St. Louis? I think they might have a chance if they win again tonight cause they are so streaky.
city2countrygal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Crockett » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Fielder's home run was one of the hardest hit balls I've ever seen. Pretty cool.
Crockett
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:48 pm

One thing's for sure - at this point, I would put the odds of Prince Fielder wearing a Cardinals jersey next year at a bazillion to one.

Can't wait to see how Tony LaRussa petulantly flips out tonight. What an asshole.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Abdul » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:46 pm

Hey Cardinal and LaRussa Haters,

How do you like the taste of all that bile? Goes down pretty hard, sort of like CROW.

Twenty years from now when you look back on Brewer history you will have to face up to the fact that the two biggest seasons your team ever had were ended by the St. Louis Cardinals.

Prince and Braun are class acts and so is your manager. But, the haters on this list, Nyger, Lucroy, and Grienke are well..... I won't play that game. Just glad they are not on the Red side of things.
Abdul

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:56 pm

Classy post.

Or, as Bo Diddley sang: "Before you accuse me, take a look at yourself."
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:03 pm

Abdul wrote:Hey Cardinal and LaRussa Haters,

How do you like the taste of all that bile? Goes down pretty hard, sort of like CROW.

Twenty years from now when you look back on Brewer history you will have to face up to the fact that the two biggest seasons your team ever had were ended by the St. Louis Cardinals.

Prince and Braun are class acts and so is your manager. But, the haters on this list, Nyger, Lucroy, and Grienke are well..... I won't play that game. Just glad they are not on the Red side of things.

Are you going to come back here when the Rangers embarrass the Cardinals?
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:19 pm

Like it (and him) or not, LaRussa managed his team like it was in the postseason, and in comparison (other than having the guts to bench McGehee), Roenicke dropped the ball with his decisions even more than his team did on the field. I mean, c'mon ... the entire free world knew he shouldn't start Marcum in that game yesterday.
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:20 pm

Abdul wrote:Prince and Braun are class acts and so is your manager.

Straight Up, Abdul. Much, much classier than your steroid-enabling, drunk driving, cry baby of a manager.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wallrock » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:28 pm

Abdul wrote:Hey Cardinal and LaRussa Haters,

I told a coworker this morning that if there was a way that cars could run on the arrogance of Cardinals fans we'd never have to drill another oil well again.

I'm so disappointed that I now have to root for the fucking Rangers. Ugh.
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:43 pm

At least it's not the Yankees, wallrock.

I'm really disappointed by this, but what are you gonna do? The Crew went cold in the postseason, and the Cards are on a frickin' roll. I still think Philadelphia had the most complete team in baseball, and they whipped the pants off them as well.

Let's just hope that Roenicke learned something (and I'll bet he did, since he got better and made adjustments all year). And that Melvin can fix some of the glaring problems that were pretty evident with this year's team. Even with the problems, they had a great year, and most of these guys will be back. Let's come back and beat those stinkin' Cardinals next year!
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Abdul » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:30 pm

wallrock wrote:I told a coworker this morning that if there was a way that cars could run on the arrogance of Cardinals fans we'd never have to drill another oil well again.

Any arrogance on our part has largely been backed up by results. Again, read the post on this list by Brewer fans. Lots of Cardinal hating. Why?? I chalk some of it up to fair weather fans who don't really know baseball.

For the last three plus years, the Brewers are have established themselves as contenders. This is fine. You don't have to run down the opposition to support your team. Just back your boys who are very, very good.

My nasty comments were brought on by reading the crap about the Cards and TLR when I popped on the Forum last week. Most of it on the nasty side, just like the crap Nyger spouted about Pujols. (As for Albert, he got even with Mr. Morgan by calling time during Prince's last at bat so he could get a longer ovation. Class tells.)

I hope that the Brewers do remain contenders. I like having great baseball one hour from my house. And these guys are fun to watch.

As for the Rangers, I have my doubts about the Cards' chances as they are awfully good and have three left handed starters. But if this turns out to be our year, then its our year. But for crying out loud, try to stay neutral if you can rather than root for a team that puts W in the box seats.
Abdul

Postby wallrock » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:26 pm

Abdul wrote:Any arrogance on our part has largely been backed up by results. Again, read the post on this list by Brewer fans. Lots of Cardinal hating. Why?? I chalk some of it up to fair weather fans who don't really know baseball.

I can't claim to be a Brewers fan, at least not since 1998 when they switched leagues and ceased being my AL team. No, I belong to an even lower caste: Cubs fan from WI. My boys are not very good at all. And yes, I am painfully aware of the Cards' successes over the years for I've heard about it ad nauseum from all my Redbird-supporting relatives (FIBs from Peoria). My only consolation is that at least now my Brewer fan friends can join me in the cold steely hatred of the Cardinals that sustains me through the off-season. That, and hockey.

Abdul wrote:But for crying out loud, try to stay neutral if you can rather than root for a team that puts W in the box seats.

That's got nothing to do with it. I work closely with a client from the D-FW area that seems to embody every stereotypical Texan trait there is. I heard enough of his shit last year to turn me into a Giants-backer, a team I previously hated based on memories of 1989. This year's no different but I'd rather put up with his crowing than to wish any success upon the Cardinals.
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking