MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, December 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 31.0° F  Light Snow Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

The ARROGANCE of running red and yellow lights!

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Re: The ARROGANCE of running red and yellow lights!

Postby Vinnie P » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Walter wrote:When someone beats and stabs her to death in front of my marked squad, no problem.

No. That's a big problem. If the crime has to be commited right in front of you for anything to be done about it, then why the hell do we need you? To get a police report for the insurance claim? To keep the rest of us from eating too many donuts? I have better uses for the money I kick in for your salary.
Vinnie P
Forum Addict

Postby rrnate » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:22 pm

Vinnie P wrote:I have better uses for the money I kick in for your salary.

Like paying for an internet connection and acting like a dick online - that shit doesn't pay for itself!

Almost got plowed in to at the John Nolan / Rimrock Intersection tonight by someone blowing through a red when I was greenlighted - the weird part was that she'd had red for a while, so not sure what was up there.

Also, just a reminder kids - your cars will last a lot longer if you don't always accelerate and stop as fast as possible for, say, a two block stretch!
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:05 pm

rrnate wrote:Almost got plowed in to at the John Nolan / Rimrock Intersection tonight by someone blowing through a red when I was greenlighted - the weird part was that she'd had red for a while, so not sure what was up there.
Maybe trying to text someone on her Beretta 25.
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:43 pm

Walter wrote:
Vinnie P wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Getting t-boned by someone running a red light is a real crime. Running a red is no different that shooting a gun up in the air. Odds are no one will get hurt but when they do, it's criminal neglect at the minimum.

So when someone gets hurt, it's a real crime. Until then, I'd rather see them solve the murder of a young girl - especially if 911 has the crime on tape.

When someone beats and stabs her to death in front of my marked squad, no problem. When the 911 call of the sounds of a struggle is pinpointed to a cell tower putting the location within several square blocks and the police are not sent to the actual homicide scene which was not within public view until later, things are more complicated.

But I will pass on your feelings to the detective who is assigned to work that case full time. He has nothing else to do but review thousands of pages of interviews and reports and follow up on new information that still comes in every week. Sir.

Felony burn.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking