MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 46.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Badgers Occupy Pasadena !

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Badgers Occupy Pasadena !

Postby MPMay » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:25 pm

Let's Go Red!

Nice season recovery. I'll be there.
MPMay
Forum Addict

Re: Badgers Occupy Pasadena !

Postby bdog » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:49 pm

Watch out for pepper spray.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:19 am

I know that sportsmanship on the internet chat boards is a bit much to ask for, but the Michigan State fans are much more level-headed about their loss than the Penn State fans. Obviously, they are devastated, they *hate* Wisconsin (almost as much as UM), and they ***HATE*** Bielema. But they are at least logical about the game, and realize that a couple key decisions and close calls were all that stood between them and victory.

By way of comparison, Penn State fans are convinced that Jim Delaney, the B1G office, and the refs all conspired to steal a Nittany Lions victory because the Badgers O-Line is guilty of holding on every single play.
Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:24 am

MPMay wrote:I'll be there.

Did you buy a package? Funjet charters out of Madison including hotel, ground transportation and endzone game tickets cost over two thousand a piece. UW Alumni packages, even more. Too expensive for me.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:03 pm

Good thing I've been nice to the in-laws. At least I'd have somewhere to stay.

Actually, went to the Stanford game in 2000. Was able to scalp tickets outside the Rose Bowl for face value.

It can be done on the cheap.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MPMay » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:41 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
MPMay wrote:I'll be there.

Did you buy a package? Funjet charters out of Madison including hotel, ground transportation and endzone game tickets cost over two thousand a piece. UW Alumni packages, even more. Too expensive for me.

Put our own package together.

The first couple of bowl games I attended (e.g., 1994 Rose Bowl), I went with the WAA package. If you have the dough (I was in private practice back then), it is very convenient. Show up at the airport, give them your bag, they get you and bag delivered to hotel, get buses to game, etc., etc.

But we soon discovered that it was pricier than doing it yourself, and you had less freedom. If you do your own program, you can stay longer or shorter, you have a car to do other events, you can wander off with friends and not worry about the schedule.

So this year, as we've done in most recent years, we did our own. I figured the cost is about $2800 (plus usual spending money) for the two of us. I purchased air fare early Sunday out of O'Hare. By later in the day, the price was up by $100-150 per ticket, and probably more now. Plus, if you want to fly out of MSN (as the WAA does), you can add about $200 to the air fare.

If you haven't done the Rose Bowl, it is an unbelievable experience.
MPMay
Forum Addict

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking