MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 51.0° F  Overcast and Windy
Collapse Photo Bar

Where does Ryan Braun go to get his reputation back?

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Where does Ryan Braun go to get his reputation back?

Postby jjoyce » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:38 am

He claims the whole thing is "bogus." The story is that other players have had their tests thrown out upon appeal without anyone ever knowing and his appeal has yet to be heard. I guess it's an indication that he's big-time when stuff like this leaks and everybody weighs in with early judgment.

My take, for what it's worth: All these guys are doing something. Former Badger lineman John Moffitt was just suspended by the NFL for not having his Adderall approved. Does Adderall mask other drugs? Does it accomplish anything other than tempering Moffitt's hypertension?

Is that enhancing to his performance? Of course! And so is Tommy John surgery!
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Where does Ryan Braun go to get his reputation back?

Postby Detritus » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:00 pm

I think Braun should find extralegal remedies to recover his reputation. I recommend spray-painting "slut" on the side of Bud Selig's SUV.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:20 pm

jjoyce wrote:The story is that other players have had their tests thrown out upon appeal without anyone ever knowing and his appeal has yet to be heard.

Source? Here is another story: "No major league player has ever successfully appealed a positive test."
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:54 pm

jjoyce wrote:Where does Ryan Braun go to get his reputation back? My take, for what it's worth: All these guys are doing something.

Where does Ryan Braun go? Certainly not to you.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/135405518.html
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:21 pm

I seemed to be locked out of log-in for commenting on the blogs but if I could get in, I'd ask Citizen Dave what his position was on the demands last July for Justice Prosser to step down. He writes today, re Ryan Braun:
"One father was quoted as saying he didn't know how to explain to his nine year old daughter that her favorite player was a fraud. He'd be better off explaining to her how in America people accused of wrong-doing get to defend themselves before we pass judgment."

http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/article.php?article=35434
I'm guessing, like some people, Dave finds it boring to have hypocrisy pointed out. Especially when it's his own.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HamsterArmageddon » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Meade wrote:I seemed to be locked out of log-in for commenting on the blogs

You're getting censored now? What a joke this tabloid is. Who's next? Me? I can tell the message discipline for the recall is that strict. Gotta love the meaningless Walker kills families canard.

Meade wrote:if I could get in, I'd ask Citizen Dave what his position was on the demands last July for Justice Prosser to step down. He writes today, re Ryan Braun:
"One father was quoted as saying he didn't know how to explain to his nine year old daughter that her favorite player was a fraud. He'd be better off explaining to her how in America people accused of wrong-doing get to defend themselves before we pass judgment."

I'm guessing, like some people, Dave finds it boring to have hypocrisy pointed out. Especially when it's his own.

Exactly.

The isthmus is allowed to accuse first, hype the accusation, lie, then downplay and eventually burry their proven wrong accusation. Pathetic, er boring! Watch those archives, they might disappear sooner or later.
HamsterArmageddon
Forum Addict

Postby snoqueen » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Oh, the injustice. Why in the world do you post here if it's such an upsetting experience? Are they holding you hostages?

And what's in a burry? I'll have mine with rice and beans, please.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:23 am

Meade seemed to post his comment just fine.

http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/artic ... icle=35434
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:30 am

HamsterArmageddon wrote:
Meade wrote:I seemed to be locked out of log-in for commenting on the blogs

You're getting censored now? What a joke this tabloid is. Who's next? Me? I can tell the message discipline for the recall is that strict. Gotta love the meaningless Walker kills families canard.
Meade wrote:if I could get in, I'd ask Citizen Dave what his position was on the demands last July for Justice Prosser to step down. He writes today, re Ryan Braun:

Exactly.
The isthmus is allowed to accuse first, hype the accusation, lie, then downplay and eventually burry their proven wrong accusation. Pathetic, er boring! Watch those archives, they might disappear sooner or later.

Hammie and Meade: I wouldn't blame you two voice-in-the-librul-wilderness truthsayers if you just quit posting in this forum. In fact, if there's anything I can do to facilitate your absence, I'll be happy to do it. Just say (or type) the word.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Robdzatu » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Innocent until proven guilty.....plus, the reality is it could've been something in something else that he took that showed up. Maybe I'm naive, but look at the guy. He's not all wired and amped up, having adrenaline rushes. Just doesn't seem like the kinda guy trippin' off 'Roids in my opinion....BUT.....if he is guilty, honesty is the only thing that's going to give him his reputation. That way Bud Selig can put a good word in to get the suspension reduced to like 20 games. That way he only misses April basically....
Robdzatu
Forum Addict

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Anyone else hear the positive result was caused by meds Braun takes for herpes? What's worse for the reputation of a professional baseball player? Herpes? or Steroids? I'd have to go with steroids.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:19 pm

Yeah, that's the rumor floating around teh interwebs. Herpes would be more embarrassing, but it doesn't come with a 50-game suspension, nor the questioning of one's place in baseball's hierarchy.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:26 pm

Do Acyclovir, Famciclovir or Valacyclovir contain synthetic testosterone? I never knew that.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:54 pm

O.J. wrote:Herpes would be more embarrassing, but it doesn't come with a 50-game suspension, nor the questioning of one's place in baseball's hierarchy.

Taking it a step or two further, herpes outbreak in major- and minor-leaguers planned for 2012.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking