MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 79.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

The Madness

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Re: The Madness

Postby wallrock » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:48 am

I don't know why I thought UNLV was so good. I was at the game at the Kohl Center and nothing I saw that day said "Pick this team to beat Duke in the Sweet 16." Yet that's exactly what I did.

At least I got the VCU pick correct.
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Dook? Mizzou? Michigan too? And Kansas is tied as I type this.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:37 pm

Sorry I didn't create a bracket... I think I've done so for several years previous. I have one with a gamer clan of mine, but I think pretty much everyone's bracket is toast by now. Missouri and Duke gone in the first round? Unless you made about 5000 brackets I don't see how you could have predicted that.

Pretty disappointed in the Michigan loss. I'm an incurable homer so I always have the Badgers going way too deep and the rest of the Big Ten going a little too deep. My championship is MSU over UNC 81-78. I also have UW losing to UNC in the Final Four.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:51 pm

pjbogart wrote:My championship is MSU over UNC 81-78. I also have UW losing to UNC in the Final Four.

Tee hee, I have MSU over UNC 84-78. I didn't pick the Badgers to go that far, but I always short them, just so if I am wrong, I'm still happy.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:38 am

I've learned that in the last few years, it's better to bet on Duke to stumble than succeed. The odds are in your favor. I only had them going into the Sweet 16, so it's not a terrible loss for me.

Missouri, on the other hand... Well, now it's the Final Three.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:22 am

Awesome win last night for Bucky, but a buddy of mine quoting Lombardi said, "hey, when you get in the end zone, act like you've been there before." Wisconsin is a four seed, so we were expected to make it to the Sweet Sixteen. Syracuse looks pretty beatable and Bo Ryan has a week to prepare.

The Big Ten is now 8-1 in tournament play. Anticipating a win from MSU and a loss from Purdue today, we'll end the first weekend 9-2. That feels pretty good given the Big Ten's (and Wisconsin's) history of tournament stumbles.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:12 am

I stoped paying attention to this around the time the Sweet 16 started. But I won! Way to go me. I gladly accept the grand prize of bragging rights and newly created position of grand NCAA hoops know-it-all until next March.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Congratulations to you. The week or so there where I was leading, but with no chance of winning was awfully bittersweet. I think I just have to grit my teeth and pick KY to win every year until Calipari is fired/suspended/convicted.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking