MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 92.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

How much Packers bling do you own

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

How much Packers bling do you own

Postby jjoyce » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:36 pm

Cheeseheads don't count.

I was talking to someone a while back who is under the misguided opinion that Madison people aren't big sports fans. I have to wonder who he thinks all these people in Aaron Rodgers jerseys are.

So what do you have in your arsenal? I have a much-too-big Greg Jennings shirsey that I rarely wear. And I just procured a spiffy new stocking hat for colder days. That sparse amount of Packers fan gear makes me practically a Bears fan.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Re: How much Packers bling do you own

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:43 pm

The wife, myself and both dogs have Packer jersey's.. I have an extra AJ Hawk one that doesn't get worn. And I had a little leftover form an NFL shop gift card and had a Mandarich jersey t shirt made. That's it though.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:50 pm

I bought a Leroy Buttler Jersey back in 2001, then he retired.
I finally replaced that one with a William Henderson jersey in 2006.

I'm kind of scared to buy any more jerseys. Though if the dropsies keep up, I might make a special trip up to Lambeau field just to get a Finley jersey.

I think I have a hat around some where too.

My son has a hat as well, but I refuse to spend that kind of money on a shirt that will fit for 2 months if we are lucky.
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:26 pm

None. But I have a North Stars baseball cap.
Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:30 pm

I have Packers dental grills.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Right Bower » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:06 pm

Bears fan here, so none. But my 5-year old daughter has decided she's a Packers fan, so we got her a Rodgers jersey for Christmas last year.

I've got a Bears hat, some Bears sandals, and some Bears Zubaz.

Question: what do you "match" your jerseys with? I'm always conflicted about what to wear as bottoms with my Chris Chelios Blackhawks jersey. Nothing really looks good.
Right Bower
Forum Addict

Postby jjoyce » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:45 am

Right Bower wrote:I'm always conflicted about what to wear as bottoms with my Chris Chelios Blackhawks jersey. Nothing really looks good.

Two words: Camouflage cargoes.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wallrock » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:50 pm

None. I'm pretty bandwagon when it comes to the Packers and I can't claim to be a real fan though I do watch most of the games and root for them to win.

I do have a Chicago Bears stocking cap from my freshman year. I'm a Cubs fan and throughout my years at UW I was usually sporting a Cubs baseball cap, but during the first winter I realized I didn't have any kind of winter headwear and asked for a Cubs knit cap for Xmas. My mother, Illinois born and bred, gave me a Bears hat instead. When I opened it I was appreciative of course, but when I pointed out it was for the wrong team she claimed she was certain that the "C" stood for Cubs.
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:20 pm

I have a ton of Packer gear. Three sweatshirts, three or four t-shirts, a wind breaker, and two ball caps. I want to spring for a jersey but for $90 I don't want to get one of a player who will be traded away in 2 or 3 years.
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:50 pm

So is this "bling" made in Wisconsin? I don't know the Packers from the Sausage-Makers, but if their bling is locally made, it seems like a likely gift option for relatives who care about sports more than ... I dunno, aged goat cheese.
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:55 am

HawkHead wrote:I have a ton of Packer gear. Three sweatshirts, three or four t-shirts, a wind breaker, and two ball caps. I want to spring for a jersey but for $90 I don't want to get one of a player who will be traded away in 2 or 3 years.

You mean you don't want to waste your money and your precious PackerBacker enthusiasm and love on some burly mercenary who likely never lived or went to college in Wisconsin--nor would ever have ventured to live in Green Bay a few months of the year if not for the Packers acquiring his rights--because you fear a lack of constancy? I feel your pain.

I guess they can't all be Saint Brett, even for a little while.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking