MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, August 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 75.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Got Obama fatigue yet?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:35 am

FLASH! Hussein Obama is now a MAGIC NEGRO!

AS EVERY CARBON-BASED life form on this planet surely knows, Barack Obama, the junior Democratic senator from Illinois, is running for president. Since making his announcement, there has been no end of commentary about him in all quarters â?? musing over his charisma and the prospect he offers of being the first African American to be elected to the White House.

But it's clear that Obama also is running for an equally important unelected office, in the province of the popular imagination â?? the "Magic Negro."
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/com ... t-opinions
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:33 pm

You know, you useless dumbfuck, you really should put quotes around your citations of bigoted commentary, lest we mistake it for your own well aired racist opinion.

Looks like you found your soul mate, Ned. Taken together, you and this jackass "columnist" are almost three-fifths human.

Almost.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Tolerator » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:53 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_negro

Follow this link to another list of well known racists in the well vetted Wikipedia. If I am to understand this full article in Wiki, anytime a black person is captured on film they become known as Magical Negros (sp?).

As I reflect on this topic I noticed that perhaps the most magical one of all is missing. It was, of course, Laurence Fishburne, when he portrayed Cowboy Curtis on the old Pee Wee's Playhouse. He had a magical lasso. Although, I would also concede that Sammy Davis Jr. really has the right to claim the magical title.

Don't forget the racist standby rag The Onion
http://www.avclub.com/content/node/59258
The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:04 pm

So applying a widely acknowledged racist stereotype to a high-profile political candidate is above reproach ... why exactly?

The Onion is criticizing the industry. I can't tell what the point of this idiot's column is, but if he thinks he's being coy or satirical ... well he needs to go back to his old job sucking his editor's dick at Penthouse Forum.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Tolerator » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:07 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:So applying a widely acknowledged racist stereotype to a high-profile political candidate is above reproach ... why exactly?

The Onion is criticizing the industry. I can't tell what the point of this idiot's column is, but if he thinks he's being coy or satirical ... well he needs to go back to his old job sucking his editor's dick at Penthouse Forum.

As far as I could tell Ned was doing the same thing The Onion was doing, pointing out how ridiculous it is. The only racist I could see was the columnist.
The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:11 pm

The Tolerator wrote:As far as I could tell Ned was doing the same thing The Onion was doing ...

I'm just going to let that little absurdity speak for itself.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Tolerator » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:29 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:
The Tolerator wrote:As far as I could tell Ned was doing the same thing The Onion was doing ...

I'm just going to let that little absurdity speak for itself.

Huh?
The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:33 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:I'm just going to let that little absurdity speak for itself.

That's exactly what I was doing....as well as pointing out the shameful way blacks are treated by the left when they stray from the plantation. Condi Rice, Colin Powell and Michael Steele are other examples that come to mind.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stomach » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:47 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:
Chuck_Schick wrote:I'm just going to let that little absurdity speak for itself.

That's exactly what I was doing....as well as pointing out the shameful way blacks are treated by the left when they stray from the plantation. Condi Rice, Colin Powell and Michael Steele are other examples that come to mind.

That column makes little to no sense. Obama doesn't even fit the description provided by Wikipedia but at least you got a Hussein Obama reference in.
Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:48 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Condi Rice, Colin Powell and Michael Steele are other examples that come to mind.

All Magical Negroes!!!
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:00 pm

Stomach wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:

That column makes little to no sense. Obama doesn't even fit the description provided by Wikipedia but at least you got a Hussein Obama reference in.

Actually the column is yet another frightening peeking into the liberal mind in relation to labeling blacks who don't "conform". Apparently, Obama is some sort of mannequin because he's not "intimidating" or "radical" (read too white, "Oreo" etc.)enough for the author.

The genius and scholar "Al Sharpton" has begun to attack Obama for many of the same reasons.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:10 pm

So, Ned, I take it all this means you're a fervent Obama supporter now?

And just how, exactly, do you know the author is a lib? Because he can write (albeit not well, in this instance)? Because he lives in LA? Because he went to art school?

Who fucking cares about his party affiliation? The dude's clearly a shitty writer with a weak-ass grip on a little thing called "thesis."

See, here's the difference (once again) between conservatives and liberals, Ned: I'll criticize this jackass for his pathetic and asinine article, regardless of his politics (whatever they may be--who am I, Kreskin?). You'll defend your party goons to the bitter end, like the obedient, unthinking little fluffer you continually prove yourself to be.

And your indignation that we can't read your mind as to intent when you simply cut and paste like a keyboard monkey is stooping to a new level of cognitive stasis, even for you, toots.

So if I understand you, liberals are racist because we (some of us, anyway) are supporting a black candidate for POTUS.

Fucking brilliant!
Last edited by Chuck_Schick on Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:11 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:yet another frightening peeking into the liberal mind

What an eloquent way to sum up what you do, Ned.

Not that there's ever much of a market for your frightenings, what with your shrill ideological incoherence constantly getting in the way. Still - manufacturing F.U.D.'s an inherently low-product-quality undertaking, init?

Keep on shrieking in the ever-less-free world, Ned!
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nutria » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:11 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Actually the column is yet another frightening peeking into the liberal mind in relation to labeling blacks who don't "conform". Apparently, Obama is some sort of mannequin because he's not "intimidating" or "radical" (read too white, "Oreo" etc.)enough for the author.

The genius and scholar "Al Sharpton" has begun to attack Obama for many of the same reasons.

Brilliant, cutting analysis. I was just thinking the other day that when I want some info on race relations in America, the best resource is probably a middle-class white guy who lives in suburban Minnesota.

Tool.
nutria
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:13 pm

Ned Flanders wrote: Actually the column is yet another frightening peeking into the liberal mind in relation to labeling blacks who don't "conform".

Yeah, I'm sure the gay black film critic who wrote that op ed piece is all about forcing people to conform to societal standards. :roll:
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government