MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, November 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 49.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Ann Althouse: Making us proud

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Postby lordofthecockrings » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:42 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:If you read, say, the Irish blessing out loud would in be in a brogue?
So what if I did?

I mean, if you're not offended by Hillary's accent, what's your point?
lordofthecockrings
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlphaLiberal » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:46 pm

Actually, I have affected a (poor) Irish brogue. Married into an Irish family and it just got friendly smiles.

You're the one ducking the point that the Right Wing attack (peddled by Ann Althouse, lest we forget) was, once again, a lie.
AlphaLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlphaLiberal » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:00 am

O---kaaaaayy.

Well, Ann made Crooks and Liars for a weird and telling outburst. First, Ann attempts to pull an O'Reilly and disprove her critics by simply caling them names like "nasty," and "vicious." Then, she gets all nasty on a young woman, berating her, assigning motives to her, exhibiting the very behavior she falsely attributes to others!

It's like watching a slow motion car wreck.

50:40 She accuses TAPPED of being nasty (before that, for five minutes, we nasty nasty liberals). 51 minutes is really the bizarreness and it goes on...

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/03/2 ... losses-it/
http://bloggingheads.tv/video.php?id=23 ... 0&in=50:35

I post this with some hesitation but knowing Ann will be pushing her O'Reilly act on us locally at some point. So the let record stand.
AlphaLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby SombreroFallout » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:03 am

What I couldn't figure out is why Ann thinks she was wronged by the passing mention of "the Jessica Valenti breast controversy."

Ann & Co. was in the wrong on that--so how/why does she get to feign outrage?

My take is this was a conscious effort by Ann to turn things on their head, to feign outrage and play the victim, when (she &) her pals who went after Jessica Valenti were in the wrong.

Take a close look at Ann's face as she savors the desired effect. She's smiling and pleased with her work--not angry or surprised or offended. Her purpose was to attack; this was not a spontaneous reaction.

Ann's Blogginhead counterpart was acting in good faith and clearly had not said anything offensive.
SombreroFallout
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to National Politics & Government