MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, December 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 27.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Hillary and Obama grind fest starts, as if we didn't know

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Hillary and Obama grind fest starts, as if we didn't know

Postby The Tolerator » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:53 am

The infamous ad on youtube.com is confirmed to have come from Democrat operative that designed B.H. Obama's website.

This is, of course, how the democratic party works. The candidates rip into each other to see who can tear the other down the most by the convention. Raw meat is undeniable served now.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070322/D8O16DSG0.html
The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Hillary and Obama grind fest starts, as if we didn't kno

Postby lordofthecockrings » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:59 am

The Tolerator wrote:This is, of course, how the democratic party works.
It sure is. It's also how the Republican Party works, numbnuts. It's called politics. I suppose you think GWB was "civil" to McCain prior to the 2000 election, for instance?
lordofthecockrings
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stomach » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:00 am

You have to admit it's a lot more fun than a bunch of lemmings, sheep, sychophants, parrots and cattle all bleeting the same talking points over and over and over.
Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Tolerator » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:07 am

lordofthecockrings wrote:
The Tolerator wrote:This is, of course, how the democratic party works.
It sure is. It's also how the Republican Party works, numbnuts. It's called politics. I suppose you think GWB was "civil" to McCain prior to the 2000 election, for instance?

Wrong! The Republicans never get as brutal as the democrats. They are much more civilized, as it has been pointed out the Dems grind each other down until the convention, the last man standing gets the nod. The Republicans debate until the convention and then annoint one to the nomination.

GWB and McCain campaigns never got as nasty as the dems get.
The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lordofthecockrings » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:13 am

The Tolerator wrote: The Republicans never get as brutal as the democrats.....GWB and McCain campaigns never got as nasty as the dems get.
Sez you. And we all know your opinions are pretty much worthless, so go fuck yourself would ya?
lordofthecockrings
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Tolerator » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:18 am

lordofthecockrings wrote:
The Tolerator wrote: The Republicans never get as brutal as the democrats.....GWB and McCain campaigns never got as nasty as the dems get.
Sez you. And we all know your opinions are pretty much worthless, so go fuck yourself would ya?

Very compelling argument. You are an intellectual giant.
The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stomach » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:25 am

"Hillary and Obama grind fest"

Cue funky bass line and wah-wah guitar.

Oooh baby...universal health care
Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:41 am

The Hildebeast could grind wheat into flour with those thighs.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:44 am

Ned Flanders wrote:The Hildebeast could grind wheat into flour with those thighs.
Please don't ever share your fantasies with us again. Thanks.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:07 am

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:The Hildebeast could grind wheat into flour with those thighs.
Please don't ever share your fantasies with us again. Thanks.

It would give "Wonder Bread" a whole new meaning.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DrAwkward » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:07 am

The Tolerator wrote:GWB and McCain campaigns never got as nasty as the dems get.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I'm trying to make some sort of joke along the lines of "I suppose Hillary's just really upset that she can't call voters and tell them that Obama fathered a black baby and expect them to be shocked," but i'm not sure if it's possible.

Tolerator, what's it like living in a world with a red sun and a green sky?
DrAwkward
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Tolerator » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:49 am

DrAwkward wrote:
The Tolerator wrote:GWB and McCain campaigns never got as nasty as the dems get.

I'm trying to make some sort of joke along the lines of "I suppose Hillary's just really upset that she can't call voters and tell them that Obama fathered a black baby and expect them to be shocked," but i'm not sure if it's possible.

Can you refresh my memory as to this reference?
The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Postby spacetiki » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:01 am

The Tolerator wrote:
DrAwkward wrote:

refresher
spacetiki
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:05 am

The Tolerator wrote:
DrAwkward wrote:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editor ... _campaign/

Having run Senator John McCain's campaign for president, I can recount a textbook example of a smear made against McCain in South Carolina during the 2000 presidential primary. We had just swept into the state from New Hampshire, where we had racked up a shocking, 19-point win over the heavily favored George W. Bush. What followed was a primary campaign that would make history for its negativity.

In South Carolina, Bush Republicans were facing an opponent who was popular for his straight talk and Vietnam war record. They knew that if McCain won in South Carolina, he would likely win the nomination. With few substantive differences between Bush and McCain, the campaign was bound to turn personal. The situation was ripe for a smear.

It didn't take much research to turn up a seemingly innocuous fact about the McCains: John and his wife, Cindy, have an adopted daughter named Bridget. Cindy found Bridget at Mother Theresa's orphanage in Bangladesh, brought her to the United States for medical treatment, and the family ultimately adopted her. Bridget has dark skin.

Anonymous opponents used "push polling" to suggest that McCain's Bangladeshi born daughter was his own, illegitimate black child. In push polling, a voter gets a call, ostensibly from a polling company, asking which candidate the voter supports. In this case, if the "pollster" determined that the person was a McCain supporter, he made statements designed to create doubt about the senator.

Thus, the "pollsters" asked McCain supporters if they would be more or less likely to vote for McCain if they knew he had fathered an illegitimate child who was black. In the conservative, race-conscious South, that's not a minor charge. We had no idea who made the phone calls, who paid for them, or how many calls were made. Effective and anonymous: the perfect smear campaign.

Some aspects of this smear were hardly so subtle. Bob Jones University professor Richard Hand sent an e-mail to "fellow South Carolinians" stating that McCain had "chosen to sire children without marriage." It didn't take long for mainstream media to carry the charge. CNN interviewed Hand and put him on the spot: "Professor, you say that this man had children out of wedlock. He did not have children out of wedlock." Hand replied, "Wait a minute, that's a universal negative. Can you prove that there aren't any?"
Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Tolerator » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:12 am

spacetiki wrote:
The Tolerator wrote:
DrAwkward wrote:

refresher

Thanks spacetiki ( and thanks Oprah for post the very same thing, but taking up a lot of space to do it).

After reading this I could see no connection to the Bush campaign. I saw a connection to the wackos at Bob Jones, but not Bush. So, the comparison doesn't work, unless there is a stronger tie that you can find.

At any rate, if we do connect this to Bush, it would still only provide one instance. Compare this to campaign as usually at the DNC. There is no comparison.

Maybe someone can refresh our memories about what the Bush campaign's response was to this situation.
The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to National Politics & Government