MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 2, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 62.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Gingrich Calls Sotomayor a Racist

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Gingrich Calls Sotomayor a Racist

Postby Jazznews » Thu May 28, 2009 12:28 am

In his bid for the 2012 presidency Newt Gingrich tweeted that Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor is a racist and is demanding that she withdraw her nomination based on a line in a 2001 speech to a Hispanic group in Berkeley.

"I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experience would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life," Sotomayor said in that speech, describing how life experience can inform judicial opinions.

On Wednesday, Gingrich tweeted: "Imagine a judicial nominee said 'my experience as a white man makes me better than a latina woman.' new racism is no better than old racism."

Moments later, he followed up with the message: "White man racist nominee would be forced to withdraw. Latina woman racist should also withdraw."

CNN

Tweet! :roll: :roll:
Jazznews
Forum Addict

Re: Gingrich Calls Sotomayor a Racist

Postby Chuck_Schick » Thu May 28, 2009 8:30 am

I really feel for Newt on this one. It must have been awful growing up as he did, forced to drink from the "whites only" water fountain, made to sit at the front of the bus, constantly faced with the dilemma of whether to dine in a booth or at the counter, and always with the knowledge that the angry black mob could show up at your door at any time to drag you and your loved ones to be hanged from the nearest tree without any semblance of due process.

Talk about putting the "twit" in Twitter.

I'm so tired of these fat, old, privileged white fuckers crying "Racist!" I could shit a life-sized bust of Lincoln. Jam a cork in it, crackerjack. Don't you have a dying wife somewhere you should be serving with divorce papers about now, Mr. Sensitive?

Newt should have landed in the clink where he could have come to appreciate the true meaning of being in the minority.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu May 28, 2009 9:12 am

Ed Rollins, longtime Republican operative and chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, is trying to tell Newt and Rush to calm down.
Unfortunately, the battle for the heart and soul of the Republican Party that has raged for the last several weeks is now spilling over into the debate over Sotomayor's ideology and judicial temperament. The challenge has been laid down by conservative commentators that "if not now, when!" The terms " radical liberal" and "reverse racist" are being bantered about, with more to come.

Those who have not been able to lay a glove on President Obama, with his 60 percent-plus approval ratings, now think they can define him by smearing Sotomayor.

For a political party that lost an election just six months ago by 9½ million votes, the second largest vote margin of defeat ever for a Republican presidential candidate, you would think we would shut our mouths and figure out how to get more votes in the future.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Thu May 28, 2009 9:55 am

I hope they don't shut their mouths. I want people to see and hear how they really think.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu May 28, 2009 10:02 am

I caught a bit of Dennis Miller on O'Reilly talking about how Obama wouldn't stand a chance in a debate with Gingrich. He said that Gingrich brings the truth and the facts like nobody else. Makes me wonder if these guys are simply shameless liars or completely retarded. Either way how is it they get to be on TV?
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GODDOG » Thu May 28, 2009 10:03 am

gargantua wrote:I hope they don't shut their mouths. I want people to see and hear how they really think.

here... hear G! Give them enough rope so they can "lynch" themselves!
GODDOG
Forum Addict

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu May 28, 2009 10:09 am

Why, she is a racist. She's a member of the racist organization "La Raza".

She also made the soon-to-be infamous commnet:

"I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experience would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life." (substitute "wise white man" and "black man" and imagine the fun!).

What the poor, confused dear doesn't realize is that "Latinas" are, for the most part, caucasians. :roll: How confusing it gets for the race baiters!
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu May 28, 2009 10:12 am

Ned,
We know what you think. We can read it on any right wing website. No reason for you to waste your valuable time posting the same backwards ass logic bullshit. Take a vacation you moran.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu May 28, 2009 10:16 am

fisticuffs wrote:Ned,
We know what you think. We can read it on any right wing website. No reason for you to waste your valuable time posting the same backwards ass logic bullshit. Take a vacation you moran.

Yes, I can imagine that discussing facts about her history, comments and actions would disturb you.

Were you concerned about how Clarence Thomas was treated?
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrak » Thu May 28, 2009 10:18 am

Henry Vilas wrote:Ed Rollins, longtime Republican operative and chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, is trying to tell Newt and Rush to calm down.
Unfortunately, the battle for the heart and soul of the Republican Party that has raged for the last several weeks is now spilling over into the debate over Sotomayor's ideology and judicial temperament. The challenge has been laid down by conservative commentators that "if not now, when!" The terms " radical liberal" and "reverse racist" are being bantered about, with more to come.

Those who have not been able to lay a glove on President Obama, with his 60 percent-plus approval ratings, now think they can define him by smearing Sotomayor.

For a political party that lost an election just six months ago by 9½ million votes, the second largest vote margin of defeat ever for a Republican presidential candidate, you would think we would shut our mouths and figure out how to get more votes in the future.

Fortunately for the Democrats, Rollins is not in a position of authority within the GOP, who have purged their leadership of any and all such rational and clear-headed thinking.
mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GODDOG » Thu May 28, 2009 10:19 am

Ned Flanders wrote:What the poor, confused dear doesn't realize is that "Latinas" are, for the most part, caucasians. :roll: How confusing it gets for the race baiters!

Ned-dles, Ned-dles, Ned-dles. We all know you are a moron but come on, don't make it so easy to attack your ass backwards logic. Even that crap site Wikipedia has it right and you, of course, do not. Latina/Latino is not a reference to race what so ever. It's in reference to geographic birth origin. Not Race, retard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latino
GODDOG
Forum Addict

Postby GODDOG » Thu May 28, 2009 10:24 am

Ned Flanders wrote:Were you concerned about how Clarence Thomas was treated?

nope. As you make the bed you sleep in....you drink the Coke you put your pubes on!
He was confirmed by the way asshat. Do all you republickers throw each other under the bus? Who appointed her to her first Federal seat Ned-dles?
GODDOG
Forum Addict

Postby Talon Newsman » Thu May 28, 2009 10:30 am

GODDOG wrote:Do all you republickers throw each other under the bus?

We prefer the term "circular firing squad" for the way we operate, as it better reflects our commitment to the Second Amendment.
Talon Newsman
Forum Addict

Postby GODDOG » Thu May 28, 2009 10:33 am

Talon Newsman wrote:We prefer the term "circular firing squad" for the way we operate, as it better reflects our commitment to the Second Amendment.

now that's some funny shit. nice Talon nice.
GODDOG
Forum Addict

Postby fisticuffs » Thu May 28, 2009 10:34 am

Who appointed her to her first Federal seat Ned-dles?

She must not have been a racist then. Also in regards to Thomas.. Thomas was under qualified and was only nominated because of the political pressure to seat a black man after Thurmond. Thomas who is against Affirmative Action basically got into the Supreme Court becasue of Affirmative action. While that's not a literal example of affirmative action him getting into Yale is. So a principled man, the type you Republicants would like on the court, would probably have turned that down in one or both those cases. And yes lets not forget about the Pubes. I would have preferred Obama nominated Anita Hill to the court. Now that would have been fun.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to National Politics & Government