MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, December 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 19.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

John Birch Society

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

John Birch Society

Postby Jazznews » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:34 pm

There's an interesting article about the John Birch Society in the New York Times. Their headquarters is in Wisconsin. They are very concerned with the illuminati - the Rockefellers, Morgans and Rothchilds - trying to form a North American Union, and basically run the world. Some of them think it's a Jewish-run plot.

I used to have discussion with people on madison.com who really believed this stuff - the New World Order. :shock:

...the John Birch Society is urgently relevant to the matters of today, in its support of secure borders and limited government, its distrust of the Federal Reserve and the United Nations, and its belief in a conspiracy to merge Mexico, Canada and the United States.

This so-called North American Union, it asserts, is part of a larger plot by an amorphous, amoral group of powerful elite — including but not limited to the Council on Foreign Relations, the Trilateral Commission and the Rockefellers — to take over planet Earth. Call it the New World Order...

...Birch leaders say this plot is real, with roots going back more than 200 years to a secret, insidious brotherhood called the Illuminati, and with most American presidents among its many dupes and abettors.

“We’ve always referred to it as a Satanic conspiracy,” said Arthur Thompson, the society’s chief executive, sitting beside an American flag...

John McManus, the society’s most prominent member, its longtime president and an ultraconservative Roman Catholic...lecturing to Catholic groups that Judaism became a dead and deadly religion after the establishment of the Catholic Church.

Mr. McManus is also heard to say that militant Jews have influenced the Freemasons, who are “Satan’s agents,” “the enemies of Christ Church” — and, in the view of the John Birch Society, part of the Illuminati conspiracy to cause world upheaval....

Chris Nowak, 24, a substitute math teacher who said he joined after his father, a longtime Bircher, re-educated him about American history; for example, he now understood that the United Nations was founded by President Harry S. Truman “and other communists.”

With Mr. Nowak were Ray Tisch, 37, an electrical engineer, and Matthew Yamakaitis, 49, a warehouse worker, who said they had joined the John Birch Society within the last two years because they shared its concerns about the North American Union, the mainstream media and the conspiracy of elite insiders.
Jazznews
Forum Addict

Re: John Birch Society

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:22 pm

The John Birch Society is so 1950s. Their namesake was a Baptist missionary in China who was killed by the commies. First martyr of the Cold War.

As a kid, our house was leafletted by the Birchers, who claimed that regional planning was a Communist plot. I asked my dad about it and he said they were a bunch of kooks. I didn't know they were still around.
Last edited by Henry Vilas on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Jazznews » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:44 pm

They were at the tea parties.

I used to hear about them as a kid too. My father was in the Joe Must Go campaign - to get rid of Sen. McCarthy. I'd hear about the John Birch Society along with Joe. Sort of a joke, but of course a lot of people lost their jobs and some committed suicide because of the witch hunts.

I was amazed to find people who believed their stuff - and had debates with them. Some of the pro-gun people and anti-Israel and anti-UN people on madison.com spew the John Birch Society line. I learned a lot about the illuminati there - as they call them. I also learned about a so-called plot to build a super-highway from Mexico to Canada. And that the National parklands are part of this plot. They also believe there's going to be a North American currency like the euro, and that's another plot to control all the money.
Jazznews
Forum Addict

Postby buckyor » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:56 am

Stuart Mackenzie: Well, it's a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.
Tony Giardino: So who's in this Pentavirate?
Stuart Mackenzie: The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went tits up. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug look on his face. "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!"
buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stomach » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:56 am

Jazznews wrote:Some of the pro-gun people and anti-Israel and anti-UN people on madison.com spew the John Birch Society line. I learned a lot about the illuminati there - as they call them. I also learned about a so-called plot to build a super-highway from Mexico to Canada.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/u_ ... i_canadian
Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:13 am

I checked out their website:
http://www.jbs.org

Their positions sound similar to the Consitutional Party or Libertarians. I didn't see anything too nutty there.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:51 pm

The financial and automotive industries have been all but nationalized. Healthcare is next. Then there's the cap and tax bill that will control everything we do...

Yeah. Those Birchers are "nutty".
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Jazznews » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:16 pm

Nothing controversial about believing in the illumati? Right.

The Birchers are a very paranoid lot. Nothing wrong with libertarians? They want to get government out of everything. That includes roads, police, firefighting... And then there's the anti-semitism...
Jazznews
Forum Addict

Postby navnek » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:27 am

WOW! I did not know that libertarians were anti-semites!

I would check with Ludwig von MIses or Murray Rothbard, but they are both dead. Oh, I know, Israel Kirzner should know.

"A lot of what 'everyone knows...' is just not true."
Me
navnek

Postby Learned » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:47 pm

They're right out there by the Woodman's in Appleton.
Learned
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Jazznews » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:22 pm

navnek wrote:WOW! I did not know that libertarians were anti-semites!

Some are. The birchers are.
Jazznews
Forum Addict

Postby bmasel » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:58 pm

A group of students at the Art Institute hosted a non-denominational "Liberty parade' through downtown Minneapolis a couple dahys before the Republican Convention as many delegates were arriving at their hotels, inviting everyone fron the Ron Paul folks to the Greens.

A small group from the Birch society were part of the Ron Paul contingent. Overheard: One of the Birchers, "I ain't never marched with Queer Liberation before. What's that got to do with liberty?" Another Bircher: "Relax. You'll get used to it." The first one stormed off, the rest stayed.

(I grabbed the 2nd spot in the parade, behind the marching band, with a placard "This is a test of the Emergency Free Speech System.")
bmasel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:41 pm

These "the only good government is the smallest possible government" types are going to get to test their dreams in California these coming months. They we'll see how much they like a place with very little public protection, no social services, hardly any educational system, no infrastructure upkeep, little enforcement of civil law and public ordinances, and not much else either. Doesn't sound promising to me.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby towanda » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:52 pm

snoqueen wrote:These "the only good government is the smallest possible government" types are going to get to test their dreams in California these coming months. They we'll see how much they like a place with very little public protection, no social services, hardly any educational system, no infrastructure upkeep, little enforcement of civil law and public ordinances, and not much else either. Doesn't sound promising to me.

They should take a good, long look at Somalia.

And here I thought the Illuminati were wholly an invention of Robert Anton Wilson.
towanda
Forum Addict

Return to National Politics & Government