MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, September 18, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 51.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Racial Slurs Against Obama Children on Free Republic

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Racial Slurs Against Obama Children on Free Republic

Postby Jazznews » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:30 am

It took a day for the moderators to do anything about the racist epithets that were aimed at the Obama kids. Only after a complaint was made by a writer who was doing research. They did remove the thread after it started getting media attention. Now there's reportedly a thread going after the Vancouver Sun reporter:

From the Vancouver Sun:

"A typical street whore." "A bunch of ghetto thugs." "Ghetto street trash." "Wonder when she will get her first abortion."

These are a small selection of some of the racially-charged comments posted to the conservative 'Free Republic' blog Thursday, aimed at U.S. President Barack Obama's 11-year-old daughter Malia after she was photographed wearing a t-shirt with a peace sign on the front.

The thread was accompanied by a photo of Michelle Obama speaking to Malia that featured the caption, "To entertain her daughter, Michelle Obama loves to make monkey sounds."...

..."Could you imagine what world leaders must be thinking seeing this kind of street trash and that we paid for this kind of street ghetto trash to go over there?" wrote one commenter.

"They make me sick .... The whole family... mammy, pappy, the free loadin' mammy-in-law, the misguided chillin', and especially 'lil cuz... This is not the America I want representin' my peeps," wrote another....

"Poor kids. I hope they're not 'punished with a baby'," wrote another. "Hopefully they won't deal cocaine like the Kenyan."

Jazznews
Forum Addict

Re: Racial Slurs Against Obama Children on Free Republic

Postby jjoyce » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:52 am

Anything worse than what was said about GW Bush's children on this and other message boards?

Political discourse in this country is often disgusting. But let he who is without sin....
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:00 am

jjoyce wrote:Anything worse than what was said about GW Bush's children on this and other message boards?

Except his children, neices, nephews, etc. all had documented problems with breaking the law or substance use/abuse. These are pre-teens wearing t-shirts. STOP THE PRESSES.

Seriously though, I'm not advocating for no-holds-barred tarring, but where there's smoke and all.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:04 am

Let's not forget how the Palin children are being treated to this day. I agree with Joycie. It's on both sides and it disgusting.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:21 am

Palin child.

Singular. I agree that she hasn't asked for it and it's probably more her mom's fault than anyone else's. But it's only Bristol who has been treated rudely.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:35 am

I chalk stuff like this up to the anonymity of the internet. People say what they otherwise would keep to themselves. And since when is it news that complete morons expressed their opinions on the internet?

Ned used to say stupid shit like that everyday until they cut his pay.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby dave esmond » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:51 am

pjbogart wrote:And since when is it news that complete morons expressed their opinions on the internet?

This just in ... water = wet.
dave esmond
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:03 pm

jjoyce wrote:Palin child.

Singular. I agree that she hasn't asked for it and it's probably more her mom's fault than anyone else's. But it's only Bristol who has been treated rudely.

Palin young adult. Bristol was born October 18, 1990, according to Wiki.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:05 pm

Sorry. Not in this usage. She's Palin's child, as in one of her offspring, children, sons/daughter.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:12 pm

I think the age difference makes a difference.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby dave esmond » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:15 pm

jjoyce wrote: I agree that she hasn't asked for it and it's probably more her mom's fault than anyone else's.

Hmmm. Gonna have to disagree here. When mom hauled her and Levi up on stage she was just a kid.

Once she appeared on the cover of People and started giving the "keep it in your pants" speeches she became every bit the fair game that the Cheney girls and Megan McCain are. She's a public figure of her own accord now.
dave esmond
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Jazznews » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:44 pm

jjoyce wrote:Anything worse than what was said about GW Bush's children on this and other message boards?

Political discourse in this country is often disgusting. But let he who is without sin....

That's not political, Jason, it's racism. There is a difference. Were there a lot of black posters writing anti-white slurs about George Bush's kids in here?

Malia wore a tshirt with a peace sign on it to Michael Jackson's funeral. She's 11 years-old. Bush's kids broke the law.
Jazznews
Forum Addict

Postby GODDOG » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:08 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Let's not forget how the Palin children are being treated to this day. I agree with Joycie. It's on both sides and it disgusting.

Ned-dles....trying to place moral equivalency to what is being written about an 11 yr. old girl and one who willingly lied on her back for her hick boyfriend is like saying some Jews were just as bad as the Nazis because some Jews actually killed Nazis in Germany in trying to stop their genocide. (i am fully aware I am breaking the unwritten, or often written code that once Nazism is brought in, the conversation jumps to automatic...crazy) The Obama girl did nothing but wear a shirt. She was not able to pick her parents. Bristol picked Levi then threw his Levi's to the floor and fucked him stupider. Then took the child to term, just like good ol' mom did with her. Her and Todd were not married at her conception...funny when you think about how hypocritical you Right-bags are. Michelle and Barack were married when the had their children and your Snow-job from Alasssska was a hussy.
Yet you attack him about morality. Priceless. I do agree it's disgusting that the kids(minors) are seen as game. fair or unfair but you Right-bags didn't have any problem belittling Chelsea Clinton now did you?
The attacks are not equal and for you and Joycie to say other wise is...sad. Sad in that you think one is equal to the other. 11 yr. and a t-shirt versus a 17 year who knew the consequences of getting laid in Mom's house!
GODDOG
Forum Addict

Postby pjbogart » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:10 pm

I'm pretty torn on the general notion that you can point to extremists within any political party and thereby castigate the entire party by their actions or words. Republicans do this often, why shouldn't we? When a woman representing inner-city Detroit (and representing them well) introduces a bill restricting the sale or ownership of handguns, the NRA uses that to paint all Democrats as being "anti-gun" even though the bill has no chance of ever becoming law. When a protester at an anti-war rally burns a flag, the entire Democratic Party is accused of being unpatriotic.

Ned thrives on this kind of idiocy, whether he's using it to bash African Americans, homosexuals or Muslims. We aren't defined as a sum of our parts but rather as a caricature of the worst among us. We see this every night on Olberman's "Worst Person in the World." The insinuation being that since some goofy Arkansas State Legislator thinks the world is only 6000 years old, all Republicans must think the world is only 6000 years old. But why pick on Cletus the slack-jawed yokel when Sarah Palin is so easily lampooned?

Again, though, they do it to us. Personally, I don't think those Free Republic posters are any more representative of the Republican Party than "Johnygothispen" or "GODDOG" are representative of the Democratic Party.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:17 pm

It's not always the case, but it seems to me for the most part liberals will joke about the behavior of Republican kids, such as Jenna and Barbara's drinking issues, Noelle Bush's crack problem, George P. Bush's stalking of his ex-girlfriend and Bristol Palin's teenage pregnancy. On the other hand, conservatives tend to "joke" about appearance, i.e. the vicious jokes about Chelsea Clinton and now the racial slurs aimed towards Malia and Sasha.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to National Politics & Government