MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, January 29, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 32.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Shirley Sherrod

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Shirley Sherrod

Postby acereraser » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:29 pm

HOMOsapien wrote:
The feminist left has been playing the sensational emotional appeal narrative for decades. They are hardly in the position to wine about the effects of their own crafts. Fox is simply deploying a proven left feminist MO that is effective. Why wouldn't they? It's political to say they can't and shouldn't, but a baseless position in the practical real world sense.


Ha ha. Sherrod, you are.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1428
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 8:42 pm

Re: Shirley Sherrod

Postby DCB » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:17 am

HOMOsapien wrote:BigGovernment caught ACORN red handed and exposed its corruption and racism for the world to see. I'm glad ACORN was taken out, they deserved it. The new media did its job correctly in this case. The MSM never cared.

And MSM won't cover Obama's plans for martial law:
http://www.urlesque.com/2010/07/21/obam ... law-onion/

The Onion is the only organization to get the real story!
DCB
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2851
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: Shirley Sherrod

Postby jjoyce » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:51 am

"This time Breitbart wasn't cautious enough."

Gotta love it. Some perspective you have there. Let me break it down for you.

Breitbart is a partisan attack dog, not a journalist (new, mainstream, otherwise). Not interested in the truth unless it fits his agenda.

Fox is fraudulent and quite possibly about to be sued in a spectacular fashion. After all, it might be proven that the network's "journalists" weren't just unaware, they knew exactly what they were doing. Willful ignorance is one thing, ignoring the truth to engage in character assassination is another.

The First Amendment is important to me and journalists ought to be freed up to tell stories that are unpopular and even ugly. But a company like Fox, which clearly has the resources to do so, neglecting to fact check or even verify the story is inexcusable. And when it comes to wrecking someone's life, it's also actionable.

I hope Sherrod owns Fox by this time next year.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 12168
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:48 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Shirley Sherrod

Postby wack wack » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:33 am

The problem isn't FOX News; the problem is the millions of truly, pathetically, offensively stupid fucks that still think FOX is a legitimate news source.

Leave FOX alone, beat on your neighbors.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3194
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:32 pm

Re: Shirley Sherrod

Postby Crockett » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:48 am

The sad part is FOX News has won in the end. They smacked Obama around with the original story and then smacked him around for being stupid enough to believe their story.

It hurts my brain.
Crockett
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Shirley Sherrod

Postby Deitrich » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:23 am

Remember people; Fox News, Drudge Report, Free Republic, Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck et al are like off shore betting. For entertainment purposes ONLY. Every time they get it wrong they'll confess that they're not journalists. It's their escape clause.
Deitrich
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2001 12:08 pm

Re: Shirley Sherrod

Postby DCB » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:36 am

Crockett wrote:The sad part is FOX News has won in the end. They smacked Obama around with the original story and then smacked him around for being stupid enough to believe their story.

It hurts my brain.


Maddow just did a segment where she played clips of FOX - "Why the rush to judgement without all the facts?"

And then the exact same people, just one day earlier, "Clearly this is a blatant example of racism in the Obama administration".

Conclusion:
We have always been at war with Oceania.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2851
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: Shirley Sherrod

Postby Crockett » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:01 pm

Deitrich wrote:Remember people; Fox News, Drudge Report, Free Republic, Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck et al are like off shore betting. For entertainment purposes ONLY.


And yet we as a society waste so much time and effort addressing them instead of real issues. I'm going to go give to my local PBS channel...but sadly, they focus on the 'politics' of everything rather than the SUBSTANCE as well. Enough politics, more substance.
Crockett
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Shirley Sherrod

Postby rabble » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:03 pm

Image
rabble
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6702
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: Shirley Sherrod

Postby Comrade » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:22 pm

If one were able to set partisanship aside and look at this objetively, the conclusion is apalling and deeply disturbing;

The criticism of Fox News is correct and proper. I cannot believe that ANYONE would go with a story without taking the time to learn all the relevant facts and get it right. Whomever researched this story should be fired along with their supervisors. An apology is not enough. How can that lady get her reputation back?

Secondly, the same could be said for the White House. They did the exact same thing. They rushed to judgement without having all the facts. There is simply no excuse for this at all.

Is being competant in your job too much to ask?
Comrade
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 10:53 am

Re: Shirley Sherrod

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:33 pm

The criticism of Fox News is correct and proper. I cannot believe that ANYONE would go with a story without taking the time to learn all the relevant facts and get it right. Whomever researched this story should be fired along with their supervisors. An apology is not enough. How can that lady get her reputation back?


Fox does this every single day. To pretend they are News is doing them a disservice. They are a right wing Propaganda network plain and simple. No one will get fired. This is just business as usual over there. Breitbart should be sued for defamation. Fox will continue to spew nonsense to angry white people while raking in big dough.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 7873
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison

Re: Shirley Sherrod

Postby buckyor » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:56 pm

Now that Breitbart has been exposed as a fundamentally dishonest political hatchet man and a fraud, how long 'til he has his own cable network program and regular column at the WaPo?
buckyor
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2328
Joined: Mon May 07, 2001 1:09 pm
Location: Albuquerque, NM

Re: Shirley Sherrod

Postby Average Joe » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:04 pm

wack wack wrote:
Leave FOX alone...


Image
Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:33 am

Re: Shirley Sherrod

Postby Comrade » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:08 pm

OK, you say they do this every day. What did they do last week, and what are they doing today? I wil believe you, but you have to provide a few examples along with you blanket statements.
Comrade
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 10:53 am

Re: Shirley Sherrod

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:13 pm

http://mediamatters.org/topic/onlyonfox/

Even their morning show is a right wing attack machine. There is no news on this network. Only opinion. Not always lies but very often so.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 7873
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR
Created with flickr badge.

cron
Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar